Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #1
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Potential for a lawsuit?

I'm seeing Camaro's for sale in those used/new storefront dealers,some may know what I'm talking about,so anyway I have seen some ads where they are misrepresenting what the car has mainly an auto trans. with the 426HP and sometimes as having the RS pkg.,when we all know the 426 is a manual,and the SS emblems are red with RS and white without,if you purchased a car that was sold like that is there any legal recourse?
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Once you've signed, it's pretty much a done deal..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:15 AM   #3
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
If somebody doesn't do research before you buy a $40k car and are then suprised at what they get.....well, let's just say my Mama said "if you can't say nothing nice, don't say nothing at all"
Old 08-13-2009, 10:18 AM   #4
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Yeah not sure if OP actually purchased a car and didn't do the research or is just one of those people trying to get something for nothing by thinking if they purchased one the could get some money back by claiming not as advertised. Either way not a good situation.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:31 AM   #5
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Some people replying must not fully read the post as I clearly put that I know
what I would be getting,and as far as your comment about buying and then trying to get something back I personally am not in that game,I can see how you could come to that conclusion but it is a legitimate question I believe,so to anyone who can honestly provide an answer thanks,if you want to just post crap opinions have a nice day
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:42 AM   #6
AMERICANMADE

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I would suspect unless the purchase contract was misrepresented then you would have no recourse
AMERICANMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:46 AM   #7
cliffy
Chevy Power Forever

Drives: 1969 Dusk Blue Z/28, 2015 Red Z/28
I think what you are suggesting is akin to picking the flysh*t out of the pepper. The well armed consumer should know everything about the vehicle they intend to buy irregardless of how its advertised. I think a judge would laugh any legal wrangling like this out of court, or at least he should. Things like this have made our society the litigious clusterfarck that it is

Most dealer personnel are not as fervent as an enthusiast who spends time on a forum analyzing the car and its nuances. It would be nice if every dealer employee were as up on the intricacies of the car as we are here on this forum.
cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:50 AM   #8
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
If someone is dumb enough to buy a car not knowing what RS, etc. entails, then it's
all on their misinformed butt!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:50 AM   #9
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
lol ǝqʎɐɯ ǝlƃuɐ ɹǝɥʇouɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇı ʇɐ pǝʞool ǝɥ ɟı ǝqʎɐɯ ʍou
Old 08-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #10
BigCee66
I Design stuff ;)

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray 2SS Camaro
Are you guys serious? Misinformed my ass,not doing homework my ass! If you advertise something falsely ,and I don't care if it is in the automotive business, you can still file a lawsuit. Its called false advertising...and it is punishable period.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
cliffy
Chevy Power Forever

Drives: 1969 Dusk Blue Z/28, 2015 Red Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCee66 View Post
Are you guys serious? Misinformed my ass,not doing homework my ass! If you advertise something falsely ,and I don't care if it is in the automotive business, you can still file a lawsuit. Its called false advertising...and it is punishable period.

Like I said .......we have become a litigious society. Yes you can probably file a lawsuit, but that doesn't necessarilly mean that it should be done
cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:19 AM   #12
coquinn8846

Drives: 2004 Mazda 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCee66 View Post
That's what I thought too. Not all people that purchase a vehicle research the way they should because they actually trust the dealer. Wasn't the Mazda RX8 falsely advertised as having 60 more hp than it really did? How was a person suppose to know that it really didn't. I was asked by a dealer (not mine) if my car had a big block or small block engine. I said LS3, he said must be small block. I just laughed.
But back to the question, if a dealer tells you one thing like yes it's an RS and it is not on the window sticker then I don't think there is anything a person can do legally.
coquinn8846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #13
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy View Post
Like I said .......we have become a litigious society. Yes you can probably file a lawsuit, but that doesn't necessarilly mean that it should be done
Amen to That!

Why is it that when someone makes a mistake that really doesn't harm anyone. (Except for an uneducated consumer, we have to think about the need to sue.......THis is a kneejerk reaction by thinking about needing to sue.

Sorry, I just don't buy into that kind of thinking.

Good Lord, Maybe we should encourage lawsuits for stupditity because the consumer doesn't take the time to become educated and knowledgable about the purchase they will be making.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:57 AM   #14
jackka

Drives: 2011 Black/Black 2LT/RS M6 w/Sroof
how is it not wrong to advertise a blatant lie? of course it's illegal.

of course the ideal consumer would do the research before buying. but to say that it's the consumer's own fault for not knowing is like saying a rampage gun shooting victim should have worn body armor and it's not the gun man's fault. it is beyond ridiculous.

anybody who advertises a lie and charges more for something that is not there should be sued and rightfully so. no matter how much knowledge a consumer has. i don't understand why anyone would think that sueing a shady dealer would make our society a worse one.

it disgusts me how little value people these days put on truth and honesty, while accepting deciet as something that is normal.

you would blame someone for not knowing as much as you do about something that you are interested in, more than you would blame someone who decieves for profit. what a sad world, eh?
jackka is offline   Reply With Quote