Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-09-2018, 09:50 AM   #1
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Good trans tune .

Hey guys just had my trans tune done by my new tuner. Apparently the other tune was a mess. He made a bunch of changes and boy do I feel it. The car shifts lightening quick now and smooth as silk. I don't have much experience with so I'm just wondering for guys that have trans tunes from reputable tuners how does your car perform aside from the obvious harder shifts. My shift points went from 6000 to 6400. When the car shifts now it barely drops rpms..thanks fellas.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:07 AM   #2
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Glad you got that sorted! Can't wait to see some new times.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:19 AM   #3
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Glad you got that sorted! Can't wait to see some new times.
Ya its funny because even the dyno tune had the car running way better. But the trans tune has it driving completely different. And the longtubes now with the much improved trans tune has me excited for the track. Those numbers will tell the tale.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:50 PM   #4
WheelMan69

Drives: 2015 SS/A6
I only have experience going from stock to Tune, AND LET ME TELL YOU!! My car surprised the hell out of me! I didn't think these things could shift so hard! Stock tune had my car feeling so sluggish that I was actually getting pissed at the car for not downshifting at correct times and every time the car would shift under power it felt like it would lose mile an hour lol it was so bad! But my tuners tune changed all that as you say the car shifts like lighting and it kicks you in the Butt if you aren't paying attention especially since I have all BMR products in the rear, Also the shifts are smooth as butter when the car is just cruising around town! So far my quickest time on the quarter is a low 12.4 with a 1.9 60 Foot and the converter was loaded to 1100 I couldn't run anymore after that first pass due to the track shutting down. I'm pretty sure the car could of gone to low 12.3 or high 12.2 easy with the converter loaded properly (Stock Converter)

*VMAX Throttle Body
*Speed-Engineering Headers / No Cats
*Catted Magnaflow X-Pipe
*BMR Toe Rods
*BMR Xtreme Ant-Roll Kit
*BMR Trailing Arms
*CAI Cold Air Intake
*TUNED BY JAY @ KRAFTSWORKS EXCELL
WheelMan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:26 PM   #5
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
I've only had one tuned car ever, but I tell you what it is night and day different. My tuner increased the rev limiter to 6200 and tuned a "wife mode" into the tune. When in "D" mode it shifts better, quicker, holds the gear longer under "spirited" driving, but still more similar to stock softness for the wife. Then when in "S" mode or under manual mode, the thing has neck snapping shifting that feels instantaneous and really propels the car ahead into the next gear. It is amazing what a tune does for these cars. They feel almost lazy with the factory tune, but with a proper tune these things can be rather beastly.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:37 PM   #6
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelMan69 View Post
I only have experience going from stock to Tune, AND LET ME TELL YOU!! My car surprised the hell out of me! I didn't think these things could shift so hard! Stock tune had my car feeling so sluggish that I was actually getting pissed at the car for not downshifting at correct times and every time the car would shift under power it felt like it would lose mile an hour lol it was so bad! But my tuners tune changed all that as you say the car shifts like lighting and it kicks you in the Butt if you aren't paying attention especially since I have all BMR products in the rear, Also the shifts are smooth as butter when the car is just cruising around town! So far my quickest time on the quarter is a low 12.4 with a 1.9 60 Foot and the converter was loaded to 1100 I couldn't run anymore after that first pass due to the track shutting down. I'm pretty sure the car could of gone to low 12.3 or high 12.2 easy with the converter loaded properly (Stock Converter)
Thats what im finding now....around town its shift smooth as silk. I don't even feel it. But under acceleration its shifts nice and hard with almost no rpm loss. He increased my shift poi nts to to 6400 so it stays up in the power without dropping rpms during shifts . Track day will tell
Old 05-09-2018, 01:40 PM   #7
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
I've only had one tuned car ever, but I tell you what it is night and day different. My tuner increased the rev limiter to 6200 and tuned a "wife mode" into the tune. When in "D" mode it shifts better, quicker, holds the gear longer under "spirited" driving, but still more similar to stock softness for the wife. Then when in "S" mode or under manual mode, the thing has neck snapping shifting that feels instantaneous and really propels the car ahead into the next gear. It is amazing what a tune does for these cars. They feel almost lazy with the factory tune, but with a proper tune these things can be rather beastly.
I know what you mean by propels you into the next gear. Im amazed at how quick it shifts.Ive heard tuned autos on youtube racing and their cars would shift quick. I was wondering why my tuned auto didnt run like that.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:01 PM   #8
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Thats what im finding now....around town its shift smooth as silk. I don't even feel it. But under acceleration its shifts nice and hard with almost no rpm loss. He increased my shift poi nts to to 6400 so it stays up in the power without dropping rpms during shifts . Track day will tell
Ron....try Tap-Shift now. It should be amazing.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7š overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160š thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:16 PM   #9
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
After RDP tuned my trans, it shifts way hard when on it! I love it

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:37 PM   #10
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Ron....try Tap-Shift now. It should be amazing.
I havnt done it yet.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:44 PM   #11
NEstyle

Drives: Caprice
It's funny how some people think manuals are more performance-oriented or faster than autos. Put a converter in it and you will poop your pants! I would rather drive a well tuned auto with a converter than a manual any day of the week. No comparison.
NEstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:22 PM   #12
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEstyle View Post
It's funny how some people think manuals are more performance-oriented or faster than autos. Put a converter in it and you will poop your pants! I would rather drive a well tuned auto with a converter than a manual any day of the week. No comparison.
Well thats true....i have been driving manuals for 32 years. And now that I have a well tuned auto with 391 gears...3200 stall with drag radials ......its a blast. Most guys posting those comments are in the dark when it comes to modern autos. Especially tuned ..stalled and geared cars
Old 05-09-2018, 05:49 PM   #13
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Well thats true....i have been driving manuals for 32 years. And now that I have a well tuned auto with 391 gears...3200 stall with drag radials ......its a blast. Most guys posting those comments are in the dark when it comes to modern autos. Especially tuned ..stalled and geared cars
Back in the day of 2, 3, and 4 speed autos were when manuals ruled the streets. Now that there's 6, 8, 10+ speed autos that change how they shift just by plugging in a computer it is hard to argue that when driven in a performance atmosphere a manual out performs an auto. However, I still wish I had a manual to row gears in many days even though my automatic is quick.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 06:14 PM   #14
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Back in the day of 2, 3, and 4 speed autos were when manuals ruled the streets. Now that there's 6, 8, 10+ speed autos that change how they shift just by plugging in a computer it is hard to argue that when driven in a performance atmosphere a manual out performs an auto. However, I still wish I had a manual to row gears in many days even though my automatic is quick.
Yea I still like rippin the gears once in a while. But the manual only guys dont what the current autos can do....till its to late.