Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-21-2010, 08:13 PM   #15
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
gmag21, you asked if there were any packages available for the Camaro that are like a track pack. Pfadt Race Engineering offers a sport package that has 1.25" drop springs (spring rate increase) and matched set of front and rear sway bars (rear adjustable), and combined with our strut tower brace and sway bar endlinks you would be covered! There are many good testimonials as to the high quality of our parts, as that is what our company is known for. Please give us a call if you have any questions. We are here to help!

Some images below:

Last edited by PfadtRacing; 02-21-2010 at 08:58 PM.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:45 PM   #16
gmag21
gmag21

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to gmag21 Send a message via Skype™ to gmag21
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
gmag21, you asked if there were any packages available for the Camaro that are like a track pack. Pfadt Race Engineering offers a sport package that has 1.25" drop springs (spring rate increase) and matched set of front and rear sway bars (rear adjustable), and combined with our strut tower brace and sway bar endlinks you would be covered! There are many good testimonials as to the high quality of our parts, as that is what our company is known for. Please give us a call if you have any questions. We are here to help!

Some images below:

Do you guys have any pics of a camaro with this package equipped only? Im really curious

L99 | Billyboat Exhaust, American Racing Headers, Pfadt Springs and Sways, Tune | 350 whp / 371 tq
gmag21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #17
PfadtRacing

Of course!

PQ just finished up his install of our springs and sway bars. There are countless others as well, but he has great before and after pics. Granted its a black car, but post #139 really shows how the fender sits just above the tire. Take a look and make sure to comment on it if you like it! He even documented in video how easy the install procedure was.

And below is a picture of our strut tower brace, unpainted.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=63322&page=6

Old 02-21-2010, 08:54 PM   #18
gmag21
gmag21

Quote:
Of course!

PQ just finished up his install of our springs and sway bars. There are countless others as well, but he has great before and after pics. Granted its a black car, but post #139 really shows how the fender sits just above the tire. Take a look and make sure to comment on it if you like it! He even documented in video how easy the install procedure was.

And below that is a picture of our strut tower brace, unpainted.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=63322&page=6

The photos on the right side are the after-install correct? Def. looks good man! Got a pricing on that package?

L99 | Billyboat Exhaust, American Racing Headers, Pfadt Springs and Sways, Tune | 350 whp / 371 tq
Old 02-21-2010, 08:54 PM   #19
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Pedders offers lots of systems for the Camaro, plus we can build something specific to yor needs. For an actual track usage, here are some systems for you:

Road Coarse and Autocross
GOOD
2/15/2010 CAMARO TRACK 1
MERLIN STORE P/N IS CAMARO TRACK I
The Track I combines all the components of the Street II and adds sway bars, all bushes and adjustable Endlinks. With the virtual pivot point design and the advanced rear suspension your tracked Camaro does not need to be over sprung and over damped. In complete OE trim it will out perform many respected marquees. With a Track I System we are going hunting for the big boys with big dollar stickers. We add more urethane bushes to create greater control. These are Pedders exclusively designed urethane bushes that use voids, shapes and volume of urethane to increase control while maintaining an OE like ride. There are no squeaks. It is not rough. It is AMG like control. It has long been the Pedders philosophy that sway bars are not used to correct deficiencies in your suspension. Sway Bars are the final tuning step for a properly sprung, damped and bushed vehicle. Pedders sways offer four positions of adjustment front and three positions of adjustment rear. They include Pedders urethane bushes. They are perfectly matched to provide an amazing level of control as they compliment your Pedderised ZETA II Camaro, PLUS the flexibility to fine tune the control rates to fit your needs. Keep in mind, because the system is titled Camaro Track 1, this is a system designed for the street, that just happens to work well for the track!. A special note: The Pedders Performance coil set offered in this kit will give you a moderately aggressive flat stance, and work very well with your OE dampers to allow adequate shock movement. However, many rear oversized tires and wheels may not allow you to make the rear drop so low. Therefore, you can swap the 220033 for the 220035 rear coils that will give you a slight rake look, and are spring rated to match the front drop coils. In terms of handling, the 220033 coils will bed the performer. For Drag racing, the 220035 will be the ticket.
P/N Part Description Price
220032 "Camaro 2009 Front drop Coils & Ride Height with 20"" Wheels at 657mm
" $92.31
220032 "Camaro 2009 Front drop Coils & Ride Height with 20"" Wheels at 657mm
" $92.31
220033 Camaro 2009 Rear Drop Coils & Ride Height with 20" Wheels at 660mm $92.31
220033 Camaro 2009 Rear Drop Coils & Ride Height with 20" Wheels at 660mm $92.31
CAMAROSOLUTIONB 27MM FR. & REAR BARS WITH 4 ADJUSTABLE ENDLINKS Larger HD end links require enlarging mounting holes. $599.99
EP1167HD REAR ZETA HD DIFFERENTIAL BUSHING KIT $142.51
EP1201 CAMARO TOTAL REAR SUB FRAME BUSHING REPLACEMENT $462.50
EP2112 Zeta Steering Rack Bush $26.25
EP6579 CAMARO FRONT EXTREME RADIUS ROD BUSHING INSERTS for raciing (new) $101.63
EP7264 Zeta rear lower control arm inner $96.20
EP7322 Camaro Only Rear Control arm - Upper inner rear. $99.09
EP7323 Zeta Camaro Rear Toe, and trailing arm links in and out. $96.20
PDUSACAMFULL CAMARO REAR EXTENDED CAMBER, TOE ADJUSTERS, FRONT CASTER ECCENTRICS & CAMBER ADJUSTERS $287.36
Pedders Parts Totals $2,569.57

BETTER
2/15/2010 CAMARO TRACK II with Xa Coil Overs
MERLIN STORE PART NUMBER IS CAMARO TRACK II
The Track II combines all the components of the Street II and adds sway bars, all bushes and adjustable HD Endlinks. With the virtual pivot point design and the advanced rear suspension you tracked Camaro does not need to be over sprung and over damped. In complete OE trim it will out perform many respected marquees. With a Track II System we are going hunting for the big boys with big dollar stickers. We add more urethane bushes to create greater control. These are Pedders exclusively designed urethane bushes that use voids, shapes and volume of urethane to increase control while maintaining an OE like ride. There are no squeaks. It is not rough. It is AMG like control. It has long been the Pedders philosophy that sway bars are not used to correct deficiencies in your suspension. Sway Bars are the final tuning step for a properly sprung, damped and bushed vehicle. Pedders sways offer four positions of adjustment front and three positions of adjustment rear. They include Pedders urethane bushes. They are perfectly matched to provide an amazing level of control as they compliment your Pedderised ZETA II Camaro, PLUS the flexibility to fine tune the control rates to fit your needs. This kit uses our Pedders eXtreme Xa Coil Overs that give you a massive amount of flexibility, custom tuning to your individual driving habits and needs. You will have complete suspension travel no matter what height you set the Xas at. This will give you the same comfort at a 2 inch drop as you would have at a 1/2 inch drop. For the SS Camaros with Brembos, we strongly recommend adding our Complete Brake Hose Kit for added performance and security. PDUSACAM2800
P/N Part Description Price
160086 Camaro eXtreme Xa Multi Adjustable Coilover Kit By Pedders with 8kg/mm Front and 10kg/mm Rear Coil Rates $1,574.99
CAMAROSOLUTIONB 27MM FR. & REAR BARS WITH 4 ADJUSTABLE ENDLINKS Larger HD end links require enlarging mounting holes. $599.99
EP1167HD REAR ZETA HD DIFFERENTIAL BUSHING KIT $142.51
EP1201HD CAMARO VERY HD REAR SUB-FRAMEBUSHING REPLACEMENT $565.50
EP2112 Zeta Steering Rack Bush $26.25
EP6577 CAMARO Front Radius Rod Bushing $204.55
EP7264 Zeta rear lower control arm inner $96.20
EP7322 Camaro Only Rear Control arm - Upper inner rear. $99.09
PDUSACAMFULL CAMARO REAR EXTENDED CAMBER, TOE ADJUSTERS, FRONT CASTER ECCENTRICS & CAMBER ADJUSTERS $287.36
Pedders Parts Totals $3,981.24
Pedders System Discount $596.57
Camaro Track II Discounted Parts Pricing $3,384.67

These coil overs are not yet available but are VERY serious setup and go way beyond enything that is currently available for the Camaro:

SERIOUSLY THE BEST
2/15/2010 Camaro Justice Package with Remote Reservoir Xa Coil Overs
MERLIN STORE P/N IS CAMARO JUSTICE
"The Justice Pete Package will include all the suspension components that assisted him taking 7 seconds off the lap time of a stock SS2 at Gingerman Raceway. This track ready package contains the best of the best of what Pedders has to offer, including our VERY SERIOUS sway bar package, SOLUTIONC, which, if improperly setup, may induce significant oversteer. Properly setup with a SCCA or NASA certified driver, will produce the perfect handling package for the track. The initial Justice Package came with our off the charts great Pedders eXtreme Xa Coil Overs. They are very hard to beat!. But we did. The Justice Pete Camaro now has our large Remote Reservoir, high pressure, 6mm larger valves with dual detent adjustable Coil Overs. These are VERY SERIOUS COILOVERS that offer eXtreme flexibility. The Track eXtreme combines all the components of the Street II and adds extremely Aggressive Track Sway bars, all bushes with all of our most HD options, 4 adjustable Endlinks and our new Pedders Remote Canister eXtreme Coilovers. With the virtual pivot point design and the advanced independent rear suspension your tracked Camaro does not need to be over sprung and over damped. In complete OE trim it will out perform many respected marquees. With a Track II eXtreme System your ZETA II Camaro is ""this close"" to race ready and yet still street comfortable. This is where GM's multi billion dollar investment in the ZETA architecture reaches levels of performance that are as aggressive as the Camaro styling. You really can have it all. Drive to the track in performance comfort, Click to max Performance, and Play to the Max!. CLICK, TUNE, PLAY! The look; The handling; The comfort! A Pedderised Camaro offers it all! Your Pedderised ZETA II Camaro will dominate the market.

"
Special Note: Racing helmet and Driving Suit Not Included!
P/N Part Description
164086 Camaro eXtreme Xa Multi Adjustable Coilover Kit By Pedders with 8kg/mm Front and 10kg/mm Rear Coil Rates with remote high pressure reserviors and dual damping adjustability. Not available yet. The price of this kit has not been 100% determined. Price indicated is an initial estimate. The dampers have 52mm valves as compaired to the 46mm Xas.

CAMAROSOLUTIONC 27MM FR. & 32MM REAR SWAY BAR WITH 4 ADJUSTABLE ENDLINKS Larger HD end links require enlarging mounting holes. Special Note: The 32mm sway bar is a Track ready bar and should only be installed on vehicles driven by SCCA or NASA qualified drivers. This bar may be set up to induce excessive oversteer!
EP1167HD REAR ZETA HD DIFFERENTIAL BUSHING KIT
EP1201HD CAMARO VERY HD REAR SUB-FRAMEBUSHING REPLACEMENT
EP2112 Zeta Steering Rack Bush
EP6577 CAMARO Front Radius Rod Bushing
EP7264 Zeta rear lower control arm inner
EP7322 Camaro Only Rear Control arm - Upper inner rear.
EP7323 Zeta Camaro Rear Toe, and trailing arm links in and out.
PDUSACAM2800 SS CAMARO BRAKE HOSE KIT (4 lines)
PDUSACAMFULL CAMARO REAR EXTENDED CAMBER, TOE ADJUSTERS, FRONT CASTER ECCENTRICS & CAMBER ADJUSTERS

Then we have systems that are far less involved than these

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:00 PM   #20
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmag21 View Post
The photos on the right side are the after-install correct? Def. looks good man! Got a pricing on that package?
I will PM you!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:23 PM   #21
PfadtRacing

PM sent
Old 02-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #22
FFPM73
Firefighter/Paramedic

Drives: RJT 2SS/RS M6 LS-3
Be careful asking such an open-ended question. You will get a lot of sales pitches on here about which is better. Bottom line is, if you are just giving the car a sportier look, all you need is lowering springs. Save yourself a bunch of grief listening to coil over this, sway bars that, this spring, that spring etc........

Me personally did the Eibach Pro-Plus kit which is a 1.0 lowering springs, and front and rear sway bar. I did it primarily for looks but also I live where there is a lot of curvy roads. I was looking for stiffer suspension just to have a little fun. I also chose Eibach because of price and the companies reputation.

Good luck with you decision
Old 02-21-2010, 10:19 PM   #23
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
Quote:

Some images below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFPM73 View Post
Be careful asking such an open-ended question. You will get a lot of sales pitches on here about which is better. Bottom line is, if you are just giving the car a sportier look, all you need is lowering springs. Save yourself a bunch of grief listening to coil over this, sway bars that, this spring, that spring etc........

Me personally did the Eibach Pro-Plus kit which is a 1.0 lowering springs, and front and rear sway bar. I did it primarily for looks but also I live where there is a lot of curvy roads. I was looking for stiffer suspension just to have a little fun. I also chose Eibach because of price and the companies reputation.

Good luck with you decision
I agree with everything FFPM73 said above. I have no skin in the game and am not trying to sell you something, but I can personally vouch for the Eibach Pro-Plus Kit as well as the Hotchkis Track Pack. Have driven both and I think you would be pleased with either. The Pfadt kit sport kit detailed above would work for you as well. Can't personally vouch for it from experience, but a lot of people I trust speak very highly of it. All three solutions come from first class companies. It comes down to what kind of driving experience you are looking for. I can tell you the Eibach and Hotchkis kits feel different when you drive them. It's a matter of which one you like best. What I would do is attend a large meet and talk to folks with this stuff installed. Camaro people are the best and are very proud of their cars. They will be happy to talk your ear off, educate you and maybe even give you a ride so you can feel for yourself.

With regard to the Pedders post above, as I stated before, they have great stuff that performs in outstanding fashion, both on the track and off. I just think they're a little more track oriented than the others. I'm a mechanical engineer and I work in the automotive industry and even I couldn't read through that post without my eyes glazing over. Just too much. This guy stated he's a suspension rookie in his OP. How could he possibly interpret what he did and did not need from that post? C'mon guys....
Old 02-21-2010, 10:29 PM   #24
gmag21
gmag21

I see exactly where you guys are coming from- I would love to attend a camaro meet and get some personal insight on this issue; Im living in lafayette for school and when home in houston trying to find some locals. Im also considering powder coating my wheels flat black, heres a little pic of my baby; sorry my cell phone camera is so bad u probably cant see much (smoked tails/tinted windows yesterday)