Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #57
4DoorRocket

Drives: It's a 4 door rocket!!!
Not to be a jerk, but the whole work thing, you kinda got what you had coming to you. Where I work, I have competitors, and if I worked at one of them one day a week and my job found out, I would be fired. You should have used common sense on that one. That's playing russian rouilette.

As for the rest...

I can relate to you. I have had times where I felt like I had hit rock bottom. Maybe I did. It's a feeling that you don't want to feel and will never forget. Like you, I felt like I was alone. I felt like I was fighting a losing battle all by myself. It feels as if, no matter how hard you try, the more you sink. As cliche as it may sound, things will get better.

my advice to you...

Keep your head up. You don't need anyone or thing to help you get through these hard times. (in regards to feeling like a failure) Remember, it doesn't matter how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you stand up and what you do, when you stand up.
4DoorRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #58
Hammer St. James

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS
Now that I am home I can type this on my laptop instead of the iphone.

Allow me to share one the "dark hours" in my life. This may offer some encouragement and hope.

When I was 29 years old I knocked up my live-in girlfriend of 4 years. I was an aspiring guitarist in a promising local band that was just getting some attention. The music biz is a tough area to break into and the rock n roll highway is littered with the corpses of those that dared to tread down that road. I gave up the scene and was compelled to "do the right thing" and get a real job to support my kid. So I enrolled in truck driving school and scored a gig hauling a different kind of heavy metal.

11 months into my new profession and through a hydraulic failure I low bridged a train trestle. I was left with 6 compressed discs, a herniated disc, and pinched nerves along my spine. I was bed-ridden and could not walk more than 12 steps for 2 years. Modern medicine and physical therapy didnt help. On top of that my employer fought my comp case all the way to the state supreme court. I couldnt work and I didnt receive any benefits. I needed to take care of my baby and this crushed my spirit and morale.

Somehow we stayed alive although we didnt have a telephone and the utilities were constantly getting shut off at my house. We were truly living on a prayer.

I gave up on the doctors and therapists and decided to give chiropractic a chance. What did I have to lose? I had over 200 visits in one year and there was much improvement. I was still in incredible amount of pain but at least I could stand straight and walk short distances, albeit very slowly.

About this time, my girlfriend's habits began to change. She was becoming aloof and distant. She would leave the house more often. I had a feeling that she was cheating on me but would deny it up and down.

I eventually won my back pay which amounted to $23k. After paying the bills that accumulated I had around 18k in a joint account with my girlfriend.

One night I went to the atm to get some cash for dinner and the machine said I had ZERO in my account. WTF? I head home empty handed. "Sorry honey, atm says I'm broke. We dont eat tonight". She says that there must be a mistake, call the bank in the morning.

I wake up in the morning to find a dear john letter written on my computer. I called the bank and all my money had been withdrawn. I drove the kid to school and 2 hours later she took the kid out of school and I didnt see or hear from them for three years.

I was devastated. Broke, out of work, lost my kid, and about to lose my home. The tramp slandered my name throughout town and lost most of my friends. I had to move out and rent out my home to just to get the money together to pay the real estate taxes. My dad took me in, thankfully.

I'm not very religious but I began to pray for guidance. My life was in shambles. I was directed to call the county occupation rehab office. I
went through a battery of tests and was offered an education of my choice (within my physical limits). I choose medical technology and enrolled in school.

I busted my ass to score a gpa of 3.45. After graduation, I landed a gig for a large medical institution. Today, I have a 3 bedroom ranch in a nice 'burb, 2 Harleys, a Honda, 3 cars including a brand new Camaro, plus many other toys and gadgets. I am dating a great chick and I found my daughter on facebook and am trying to rebuild our relationship.

It was truly a dark tunnel I was traveling. It took time, perseverance, and a desire to live better than my ex. She is living in the ghetto with a drunk and her mother and sister while I'm rollin' large.

I hope you find inspiration and hope to carry on.
I'm a rebel. I will not allow anyone to dictate what I do, when I do it, or who I do it with. I feel sorry for those that choose to compromise their goals, dreams, needs, and desires to appease the control of another. I believe in freedom. I am an American.
-HSJ
Hammer St. James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #59
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
People are just jealous of what you have and the plate I don't think helps, people feed on things like that and try to be smart, but are complete AS******I hope things work out for you and keep your chin up,being depressed is not healthy.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #60
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer St. James View Post

Allow me to share one the "dark hours" in my life. This may offer some encouragement and hope.

When I was 29 years old I knocked up my live-in girlfriend of 4 years. I was an aspiring guitarist in a promising local band that was just getting some attention. The music biz is a tough area to break into and the rock n roll highway is littered with the corpses of those that dared to tread down that road. I gave up the scene and was compelled to "do the right thing" and get a real job to support my kid. So I enrolled in truck driving school and scored a gig hauling a different kind of heavy metal.

11 months into my new profession and through a hydraulic failure I low bridged a train trestle. I was left with 6 compressed discs, a herniated disc, and pinched nerves along my spine. I was bed-ridden and could not walk more than 12 steps for 2 years. Modern medicine and physical therapy didnt help. On top of that my employer fought my comp case all the way to the state supreme court. I couldnt work and I didnt receive any benefits. I needed to take care of my baby and this crushed my spirit and morale.

Somehow we stayed alive although we didnt have a telephone and the utilities were constantly getting shut off at my house. We were truly living on a prayer.

I gave up on the doctors and therapists and decided to give chiropractic a chance. What did I have to lose? I had over 200 visits in one year and there was much improvement. I was still in incredible amount of pain but at least I could stand straight and walk short distances, albeit very slowly.

About this time, my girlfriend's habits began to change. She was becoming aloof and distant. She would leave the house more often. I had a feeling that she was cheating on me but would deny it up and down.

I eventually won my back pay which amounted to $23k. After paying the bills that accumulated I had around 18k in a joint account with my girlfriend.

One night I went to the atm to get some cash for dinner and the machine said I had ZERO in my account. WTF? I head home empty handed. "Sorry honey, atm says I'm broke. We dont eat tonight". She says that there must be a mistake, call the bank in the morning.

I wake up in the morning to find a dear john letter written on my computer. I called the bank and all my money had been withdrawn. I drove the kid to school and 2 hours later she took the kid out of school and I didnt see or hear from them for three years.

I was devastated. Broke, out of work, lost my kid, and about to lose my home. The tramp slandered my name throughout town and lost most of my friends. I had to move out and rent out my home to just to get the money together to pay the real estate taxes. My dad took me in, thankfully.

I'm not very religious but I began to pray for guidance. My life was in shambles. I was directed to call the county occupation rehab office. I
went through a battery of tests and was offered an education of my choice (within my physical limits). I choose medical technology and enrolled in school.

I busted my ass to score a gpa of 3.45. After graduation, I landed a gig for a large medical institution. Today, I have a 3 bedroom ranch in a nice 'burb, 2 Harleys, a Honda, 3 cars including a brand new Camaro, plus many other toys and gadgets. I am dating a great chick and I found my daughter on facebook and am trying to rebuild our relationship.

It was truly a dark tunnel I was traveling. It took time, perseverance, and a desire to live better than my ex. She is living in the ghetto with a drunk and her mother and sister while I'm rollin' large.

You sir are an inspiration to what can be acheived when you start to believe in who and what you can do and what can be overcome Kudos and much future success will follow

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #61
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
You sir are an inspiration to what can be acheived when you start to believe in who and what you can do and what can be overcome Kudos and much future success will follow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer St. James View Post

Poignant story and oh so real. Nice lesson.... DON"T GIVE UP ON YOURSELF!

I would like to add a saying that has stuck with me forever since I heard it:

"A heart is broken by a person and heals with time.
A spirit is broken by time, and can be healed by a person."

Wish you the strength to work through this. Some other patrons or employees probably thought your second job was denigrating the first and they felt they needed to "teach you a lesson in loyalty".... It's sad they don't see you for the hard worked you actually are!
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:08 AM   #62
UFN Wish

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorRocket View Post
Not to be a jerk, but the whole work thing, you kinda got what you had coming to you. Where I work, I have competitors, and if I worked at one of them one day a week and my job found out, I would be fired. You should have used common sense on that one. That's playing russian rouilette.

As for the rest...

I can relate to you. I have had times where I felt like I had hit rock bottom. Maybe I did. It's a feeling that you don't want to feel and will never forget. Like you, I felt like I was alone. I felt like I was fighting a losing battle all by myself. It feels as if, no matter how hard you try, the more you sink. As cliche as it may sound, things will get better.

my advice to you...

Keep your head up. You don't need anyone or thing to help you get through these hard times. (in regards to feeling like a failure) Remember, it doesn't matter how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you stand up and what you do, when you stand up.
Actually no I didn't have it coming to me. Last year she allowed her staff to work the big event without firing them. I wasn't supposed to work her bar. Never been written up or given a verbal warning. We support other bars in the area and they support us. We have no policy stating we can't work. What I do on my weekends off is none of her business.
UFN Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:23 PM   #63
4DoorRocket

Drives: It's a 4 door rocket!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFN Wish View Post
Actually no I didn't have it coming to me. Last year she allowed her staff to work the big event without firing them. I wasn't supposed to work her bar. Never been written up or given a verbal warning. We support other bars in the area and they support us. We have no policy stating we can't work. What I do on my weekends off is none of her business.
Actually, it is. You are forgetting something. You work for her. If she doesn't like that you worked a night or two for someone else, that is her choice and she can fire you. She doesn't have to warn you or write you up.

When you work for a company, you represent them while on the clock and off the clock. If I were to go get drunk, and a customer seen me get in my car, and then proceed to go drive, and called it into my work, I would immediately be talked to by the higher ups when I came back in, and possibly even fired without telling my side of the story.

I now don't feel bad. This self entitlement crap is sad. Good luck on finding a job.
4DoorRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:50 PM   #64
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorRocket View Post
Actually, it is. You are forgetting something. You work for her. If she doesn't like that you worked a night or two for someone else, that is her choice and she can fire you. She doesn't have to warn you or write you up.

When you work for a company, you represent them while on the clock and off the clock. If I were to go get drunk, and a customer seen me get in my car, and then proceed to go drive, and called it into my work, I would immediately be talked to by the higher ups when I came back in, and possibly even fired without telling my side of the story.

I now don't feel bad. This self entitlement crap is sad. Good luck on finding a job.
Way to kick a gal when she's down, dickhead...
Old 05-31-2012, 10:32 PM   #65
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Sry to hear your having a rough time. :( I have been there to. 2011 was the worst year of my entire life. My husband was sent to afghanistan, my father was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, on valentines day my husband was accidently called into fort knox casuality center as KIA, in august my father died, on my 30th birthday my brand new camaro that wasnt even two monthes old was egged in front of my house, I was harrassed and had to call the cops on a pervert that wouldnt leave me alone and actually broke into my house, on my 3 year anniversary I actually left my home for a month because oI was afraid of that same pervert and didnt have anyone to come stay with me, my old friends couldnt understand the pain of deployment and shut me out, and I was pretty much totally alone for that entire year. I cried almost every night in an empty bed and slept with a cell phone and laptop on at all times. I had maybe 5 phone calls that whole year from my husband. But I got through it and I know you will too. Sometimes life breaks us down time and time again so that each time we pick up the pieces we become stronger and stronger. This hard time will not last forever, it too shall pass and you will be even more resilient than before. *hug* Just believe in yourself and know that you can and will overcome any obstacle.
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #66
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS A10
Sorry all this had to happen to you :(
SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
RIP 2016 Camaro SS https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565453
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
NEGXXIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #67
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
sorry to hear about your string of misfortunes. just keep your head up! things will get better.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #68
UFN Wish

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
You know everyone keeps saying things will get better. I still haven't found a job. I'm looking into to moving to destin. I'm lookig for jObs now.
UFN Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #69
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFN Wish View Post
You know everyone keeps saying things will get better. I still haven't found a job. I'm looking into to moving to destin. I'm lookig for jObs now.
If you are looking into moving there, apply for jobs in the hospitality industry. Florida's travel revenue have increased almost back to pre-oil spill levels.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:31 AM   #70
Globemaster

Drives: 2010 2SS Bumble Bee
Both these jobs posted this morning, both are in your town. Dont know if this helps but one is a bartender... Good luck on the JOB search.

Things will get better. but nothing happens overnight in this world so chin up and keep focused you will be fine!!

Always remember:

If you are going through hell, keep going."
"Winston Churchill"

https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWEbHos...77&siteid=5160

https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWEbHos...77&siteid=5160
Globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote