Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #29
11SGM2SSRS

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@CPR.com View Post
This is a very rare incident and we are sending the customer a new oem throttle body. We have ported dozens upon dozen's of tb's with no issues. So don't think this one isolated incident should push you away from using us or getting the v-max one. I understand if this thread makes you not want to run ours but I wouldn't fear running the v-max unit
My son is the one having all the problems with is car since the porting day. I just wanted to say THANK YOU for sticking with this and sending him a new oem TB. I have been on the phone with him every day since the problems began and after he had the dealorship reset everything to no avail, he didn't know what he was going to do. I really appreciate all your help.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #30
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11SGM2SSRS View Post
My son is the one having all the problems with is car since the porting day. I just wanted to say THANK YOU for sticking with this and sending him a new oem TB. I have been on the phone with him every day since the problems began and after he had the dealorship reset everything to no avail, he didn't know what he was going to do. I really appreciate all your help.
You are very welcome sir! I got one ordered today and the dealer informed me I will have it mon. and I will ship it out asap!! I am extremely sorry this happened but we will 100% always make it right.
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #31
jd4eva98

Drives: 2013 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@CPR.com View Post
You are very welcome sir! I got one ordered today and the dealer informed me I will have it mon. and I will ship it out asap!! I am extremely sorry this happened but we will 100% always make it right.
Hey Joe are you going to be at the shop tomorrow I PMed you I was going to see if you wanted to try to trouble shoot mine and try to come up with a answer as to why they are acting up
thanks Jason
jd4eva98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #32
'13Inferno

Drives: '13 Camaro LS
So last week, joe sent me a stock brand new throttle body. I installed that on my car and now it's running perfect again. Not sure why my car didn't like the ported throttle body but everything is fixed now. I will be sending him the ported throttle body. Maybe he can look at it and figure out what happened. Joe even said he will be refunding the money I paid for the porting. I want to thank joe for everything. He went above and beyond to correct things and make them right.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #33
11SGM2SSRS

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by '13Inferno View Post
He went above and beyond to correct things and make them right.
I agree. Thanks again Joe.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:35 AM   #34
JB12ZL1

Drives: victory red Camaro ZL1
I had a vmax installed my 2012 ZL1 it went into limp mode on wot. Did it twice threw code tps fualty. Let car sit for for 5 hours engine light went out and car drive ok. I had a tune done after tb installed and tuner told me it didn't matter what the ported size was. Could my tune be causing the issue? Should I disconnect battery even though code reset itself? The car feels less responsive after tune than it did with just tb. Only mods are cai tb lt headers and tune. Before tune dyno 494hp after 540hp. But It feels sluggish and shifting seems off. I know I shouldn't be at 2000rpm going 35 mph. Should I retune somewhere else and should I do battery disconnect for now? Thanks and yes it's an auto trans.

Last edited by JB12ZL1; 07-15-2015 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Add info
JB12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:03 AM   #35
v6maro

Drives: 2014 camaro
Any good tuner guy can fix this. The lfx engines are really picky about the air they breathe. I have built a custom 4 inch intake (instead of 3 inch) and had my local racing shop port my tb. If the car notices air change, even by one point, it will throw a code. So you could only imagine how much tuning and time I had to do to get my stock maf to corporate with the massive amount of extra air coming in. The first time it threw the code for me and gave me stabiltrack error was in the middle of a Street race. Really embarrassing. But my tuner guy really sat down with me and the car and got her running just perfect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
v6maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:04 AM   #36
v6maro

Drives: 2014 camaro

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
v6maro is offline   Reply With Quote