Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #71
tanur420

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
yea my order was over 3 weeks agoi. getting a tad impatient. I cant imagine 7
Old 06-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #72
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanur420 View Post
I don't see you getting yours faster than me... Sucks to wait that long.. But GL
Old 06-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #73
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Mine actually took 8 weeks to get to me, but truthfully it was worth the wait. IMO

Old 06-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #74
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
I guess I'll give in my opinion.

I've never really had a problem with any Rx products I've had (catch can, breather, plenum spacer, black ice-olator) Whenever I've had a question about something Tracy has been more than helpful. The only problem I ever had was with my ported tb. Sent it to get painted got it back after a week or two and it must of gotten damaged in shipping because it didn't work properly. Tracy was more than grateful to send me a new painted one. Although after a couple more weeks I finally got it and I was happy with it.

Now with that said. With owning a business you can't always please everyone's demands or else you would be without a business to begin with (I know I work for a company that deals with tons of clients and ridiculous demands) the way around that is working with your customers AND never calling them out and being dis-respectful. If you can't help then you politely decline or offer them deal both parties can agree on and tell them about your policies and procedures, don't be little to name calling no matter how frustrating it may be.

There will always be people hating your company since you can never please everyone. I bet even Apex has some haters, I know I am a hater that they get to work with beautiful woman lol .

Also I think the OP is more upset at the way he was treated rather than the product, but I could be wrong
Old 06-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #75
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanur420 View Post
Order placed for my Dual Check Valve Catch Can 4-26-13. Was told my order is next up for shipping. So I'm guessing Monday or Tuesday and hopefully at my door by Friday or Saturday. Install will take place as soon as its in my hand!
Old 06-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #76
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post

Also I think the OP is more upset at the way he was treated rather than the product, but I could be wrong
I agree with you on this.... As a business owner myself, name calling is a sure way to lose customers... And without customers, you have no business.....

A owner must learn to bite his tongue.... He can tell his side of the story... But leave the childish name calling out of it....
Old 06-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #77
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1106 View Post
I agree with you on this.... As a business owner myself, name calling is a sure way to lose customers... And without customers, you have no business.....

A owner must learn to bite his tongue.... He can tell his side of the story... But leave the childish name calling out of it....

I know it can be very very frustrating at times.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #78
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
I have two things to say on this.... Remove all notions or conversations about good or bad customer service, I will state what I believe to be the valid standing of the OP in this.

OP, you were in the wrong, you chose to accept the JB Weld option, weather or not he was the one to initiate that advice or not, doesn't matter. It was advice offered, and apparently advice taken. Unless there's some PM's showing that you continued at that time to request a replacement/refund and he refused insisting you use the JB weld, I don't see you having a leg to stand on.

Because you chose to accept that resolution of your problem in the first instance, now that its past the warranty this time, you again do not have a leg to stand on. He has every right to refuse to repair it no matter what he said previously and does not owe you any money, its past the warranty. He could say 17 times over the phone, sure Ill do it, then not if he chooses.

I also do not believe this case indicates that RX cans are not good products, unless this is a common occurrence, things aren't always 100%. This could be an isolated problem.

Now the vendor:

what can I say, you should not be in the customer facing part of the company. you definitely have no clue about how to do it. My advice is to hire someone to do that aspect for you.

My statement has nothing to do with weather you repaired the can or not, or what you advised at all. It is completely in how you responded to people, in PM's and on your post. you never confront a customer or anyone ever. Fairness doesn't enter into it at all in customer relations. Customers are going to be unfairly upset, they are going to yell, they are going to make demands that are unfair and even outlandish. Suck it up bud. You don't get to act back to them the way they are acting to you. You choose to do the sales thing, accept it.

You respond in calm tones, you try to help, if you cant you apologize that you cant help but that's your policy and you end it there. And you should never ever get into a verbal slug fest with them like you did on here.

take note of what happened here, most likely what I said to the OP in the first part of my post would of been the theme on this thread, but you had to send him a PM about being a Dick......that was the catalyst you now find yourself in.

(I will say I have an RX can, had it for awhile now, and I'm happy with it, no problems)
Ok, finally found a post I pretty much totally agree with! Well said, and quite fair based on facts.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #79
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Well I can only personally speak from personal experience with Tracy and Rx. I purchased my catch can from him and most recently my magnuson supercharger. We had a few small issues that were quickly resolved during the purchase of the supercharger. Tracy went above and beyond to make me happy. Tracy has always been very professional and a pleasure to work with. He does great work and puts out the best products. I can only say great things about his company and customer service.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #80
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
Well I can only personally speak from personal experience with Tracy and Rx. I purchased my catch can from him and most recently my magnuson supercharger. We had a few small issues that were quickly resolved during the purchase of the supercharger. Tracy went above and beyond to make me happy. Tracy has always been very professional and a pleasure to work with. He does great work and puts out the best products. I can only say great things about his company and customer service.
Very well said. Theres always two sides to every story. We all have a bad day from time to time and life is filled with regrets, coulda/woulda/shoulda, and damn I can't believe I just did that, it happens to all of us. Gotta know when to just let it go. Babies whine and cry, men pick themselves up and move on. Damn, should of went with "Real men pick......"
Old 06-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #81
inferno camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro pace car, 2008 cts bl,
I've had great luck with him and he has helped me with things that I purchased other places. He did step across the line but who hasn't? Its not going to get better by dumping fuel on the fire
Mods, 2r max cam, ls3 conv,kooks lt w/hf cats,kooks street sleeper cat back with magnaflow res x-pipe, roto fab cai, v-max TB, vigilante 3700 stall, 3.70 LPE, 442hp/392tq, Mike Norris Tune 11.71@116.24 1.63 60' m&h DR's
Old 06-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #82
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
I have both an RX catch can and a breather cap and I couldn't be happier with the product, though I can't say much about customer service, because I bought mine from Apex, who in my opinion has by far the best customer service of any company I've ever dealt with. But, I work in customer service, and I don't care how annoying or rude a customer is, you should never under any circumstance call him a dick or bucked tooth. There is no excuse for that.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #83
jordan 572

Drives: none
Some of his words show a lack of . I can feel for him though that sometimes customers can be unreasonable (not saying the op was). I have mixed feelings about tracy for sure, seems like a decent, honest guy but when I googled Tracy Lewis rx some interesting things came up (involving the super chiller, etc.) Obviously threads like this can destroy a business, but how the situation is handled can change that.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:53 PM   #84
JEFF75645

Drives: his wife crazy buying mods
A few of you stated that you have a RX catch can and are very happy with it. Awesome. But Ive never seen a vendor of any kind refuse to take your money for a product. Its when the product breaks and you want it(money) back is when the problem starts.

Closed Thread