Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #99
jbotta

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
It was ordered with a ZL1 bracket, but somehow made it out the door with the incorrect bracket. Also the RX catch cans are shipped directly from RX, so we never had the can in our possession. I have been speaking with Joe and the issue is being resolved

Thanks Joe, I apologize about all of this. I can assure you that you will be taken care of.

Great to hear! Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help the process along.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Thanks tyler, I should have my can back soon, Just wanted you to know what happened in our conversation this morning and I know JDP had nothing to do with the bad looking can. I shipped out the can back to Rx, and i will continue buying my products from JDP, THANKS JOE
Old 06-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #100
jbotta

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Im looking forward to taking a picture with a nice looking catch can so everyone can see what it looks like when i install it. Then move on to the next mod because as we all know the mods never end.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #101
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Lol
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #102
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Maybe if he spent less time arguing with FBODFATHER over the ZL1's break-in proceedure and calling posters names he would have time to run his business properly.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #103
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by family man View Post
Yea, he hasn't called anyone a dick or taken a jab at them for their teeth yet. Yet.
you read that thread too?
Old 06-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #104
tandtperformance

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2011 PACE CAR 2012 ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to tandtperformance
can

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbotta View Post
The bracket should have been black with a slight bend, in there directions it says the straight bracket is not used for the zl1 should have a bend. When i ordered from JDP i asked tylor about the bracket and made sure it was the one i wanted, This bracket is to short to mount by the radiator where is says to mount with out it rubbing. The silver bracket looks like shit with the black.

so did jdp ship you the can or did rx
Old 06-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #105
tandtperformance

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2011 PACE CAR 2012 ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to tandtperformance
can

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayousef View Post
car came without a catch can, it doesn't need one.
oh yes they do put one on your car and run it about 3k miles and drain it you will see. every car should have one no matter what car it is
Old 06-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #106
jordan 572

Drives: none
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #107
Bauer2

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE and 2009 R1
Jesus again!!

You know this thread should have been more like this.

I ordered a RX can and it came in with the wrong bracket and a crappy looking paint job. I called RX and they are taking care of the problem and getting me the right bracket and a new can thats painted correctly.

I really think people have become to NOW NOW NOW and are to fast to complain and blast people instead of giving them the opertunity to correct the situation. Now if they don't fix it then by all means blast them to hell and back. You guys need to be realistic no matter how good your quality control is something is going to get missed it always does. People have bad days for what ever reason and things slip by. If no one gets hurt and theres no damage to your car then for the love of God give them the chance to make it right before sending out the Bat signal!!!

And after reading a few of these diffrent threads its very apparent some of you clowns have no other reason to post except to bash someone. Your not helping the situation your only making things worse by attempting to create more anger. Share your stroy post the facts and move on. If they hold water you won't have to explain it to anyone.

Jesus sorry about the rant just tired of seeing so many needless threads when things could have been fixed with a 5 min phone conversation.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #108
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Perhaps I have a twisted catch on all this but, If I had waited forever to get the can and it showed up not meeting my expectations as in bad paint or wrong bracket, I would just repaint it and make my own bracket. I have done this several times for several items. Heck, when I installed my supercharger it did not have the right brackets for a couple of items. Did I tell anyone? NO, I made them work and they look just fine.
When I mounted my RX double check catch can I called RX about the hose routing regarding the Whipple, they were very helpful and told me where to route one of the hoses as there are no clear directions for Whipple. I have the utmost respect for all the venders here and have only had one bad experience. You won't find it on the boards though, not even in the vender review section. They try to make products that we can use and enjoy. For the most part they are all quality products. Just think of the quality issue that would rear its ugly head if RX decided that in order to meet volume they would have their catch cans made in china.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #109
jrcbandit

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I was also disappointed in the paint job of my RX catch can, but after waiting around 2 months for my order, I wanted to use it immediately. I recently replaced my throttle body with Vmax ported and there already was oil contamination after 1.5 months of car ownership.

As for the paint job, the top portion of the can was perfectly fine, which is the most visible portion in the engine bay. However, the paint had rough spots/small specs along one side.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #110
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer2 View Post
Jesus again!!

You know this thread should have been more like this.

I ordered a RX can and it came in with the wrong bracket and a crappy looking paint job. I called RX and they are taking care of the problem and getting me the right bracket and a new can thats painted correctly.

I really think people have become to NOW NOW NOW and are to fast to complain and blast people instead of giving them the opertunity to correct the situation. Now if they don't fix it then by all means blast them to hell and back. You guys need to be realistic no matter how good your quality control is something is going to get missed it always does. People have bad days for what ever reason and things slip by. If no one gets hurt and theres no damage to your car then for the love of God give them the chance to make it right before sending out the Bat signal!!!

And after reading a few of these diffrent threads its very apparent some of you clowns have no other reason to post except to bash someone. Your not helping the situation your only making things worse by attempting to create more anger. Share your stroy post the facts and move on. If they hold water you won't have to explain it to anyone.

Jesus sorry about the rant just tired of seeing so many needless threads when things could have been fixed with a 5 min phone conversation.
As a consumer, this stuff matters to me regardless of how easy the fix is.

I want to know that I'm going to be waiting 7 weeks for a product. I want to know there's a good chance that said product would be of poor quality when I receive it. That way I know who to and not to do business with. When you buy a product, especially one that costs a few bills, you expect it to come ready to go - not that you will have to call anyone to resolve anything.

Sure, it's a simple fix and phone call, but its just one you SHOULDN'T have to make.

All that being said, I have an RX can and while I've never checked it, I assume I'm happy I have it? Haha
Old 06-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #111
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
I have more money than time. To me, so what if they are going to make it right. I still have to go out of my way to ship it back and wait for it to be fixed and sent back. I'd be ticked like the OP.

There needs to be a better QC process in place, simple. No one looked at that can before it was shipped. I know of no other manufacturer that doesn't have an inspection and approval process of the finished product.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:37 PM   #112
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
It's a catch can. I lives under your hood where nobody see's it. It is not a cosmetic mod. It collects blow by oil! 200 miles and it will be coated in road grime. Who cares what the paint looks like...
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

Closed Thread