Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #29
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Hey, hey J...

Just found this thread. Cage looks great. Craig did an awesome job. Can't wait to see it all up and running and hitting the streets and track. One other thing to remember is you are going to need a window net on the drivers side and SFI 45.1 padding anywhere you can whack your head on the cage...

He told me what you did for the coilovers. Can you still run large tires up front with them or do you have to go a little narrower?

Once again tough to wait, but you wanted to do it right - and this IS right !!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:06 PM   #30
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Hey, hey J...

Just found this thread. Cage looks great. Craig did an awesome job. Can't wait to see it all up and running and hitting the streets and track. One other thing to remember is you are going to need a window net on the drivers side and SFI 45.1 padding anywhere you can whack your head on the cage...

He told me what you did for the coilovers. Can you still run large tires up front with them or do you have to go a little narrower?

Once again tough to wait, but you wanted to do it right - and this IS right !!
Whats up B - Craig mentioned the window net but as for right now I am not worried with it as any tracks I will be running around here are very loose on tech but I will get one eventually. I will definitely be installing the bar pad as I dont need my head rattling around the cage I am able to put a 8" spring on the front coil overs and still run wide wheels but I ended up sticking with 12" spring and I am going to get some new wheels as going to an 8" I loose all my adjustability to transfer weight and I am also going to try the 14" spring and see what works best. It is all finally coming together and once we get everything dialed in I am going to try and get Craig at Extreme Innovations and Craig and the guys at Cincy Speed to come down for a weekend and rent the track out for a private test and tune and really get it dialed in with the suspension and tuning. Hope to see your ride out terrorizing the streets soon as well.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:23 PM   #31
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
I got the Corbeau CR1 seat with the 5th hole and harness. That is great news on the airbags but a little late for me but I am not worried as there is no where for them to go with the cage installed. This will be great info for everyone as this is a very simple fix.

One thing I was warned about - not sure if it is true or not, was that if "some" of the airbags are missing, it could trip the system and deploy the other airbags.

There are airbags in the seats.. I believe you can add resistors (not sure of the Ohms required). I believe drew@speedware knows what to do in your case (just the seat airbags missing) see post #40.. though he doesn't give an answer in the thread.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=harness+bar

I'd call speedware motorsports and tell them you are interested in replacing the camaro seats, and ask what needs to be done for the airbag system. I believe you can keep the other airbags in there, if it's just the airbags in seats that are missing.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:30 PM   #32
jrpxxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
One thing I was warned about - not sure if it is true or not, was that if "some" of the airbags are missing, it could trip the system and deploy the other airbags.

There are airbags in the seats.. I believe you can add resistors (not sure of the Ohms required). I believe drew@speedware knows what to do in your case (just the seat airbags missing) see post #40.. though he doesn't give an answer in the thread.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=harness+bar

I'd call speedware motorsports and tell them you are interested in replacing the camaro seats, and ask what needs to be done for the airbag system. I believe you can keep the other airbags in there, if it's just the airbags in seats that are missing.
Thanks for the heads up. I will try and contact Drew and see what he says. Like you said, I only have the seat airbags missing so I hope there is a simple solution as a sudden deployment could be quite a surprise
Old 04-28-2011, 11:35 PM   #33
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Wow, that is an awesome Camaro you have there.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:36 AM   #34
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Very nice build,looking foward to seeing it first hand,good luck and be safe!!!
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #35
jrpxxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
Wow, that is an awesome Camaro you have there.
Thanks
Old 04-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #36
jrpxxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
Very nice build,looking foward to seeing it first hand,good luck and be safe!!!
Looking forward to getting it out to the track and car events to see everyone.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #37
jrpxxii

For those of you interested, as most have seen my build, but if you havent, here is the link to the entire build to see what all has been done.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/m...0.147282994113
Old 04-29-2011, 12:55 PM   #38
MANNYS2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS,LS3
Very Nice Job! I can't wait to see your car and the rest of the build's that have been going on for the last year set some great track time.
MANNYS2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #39
Driveshaftshop

Drives: own more cars than i can list
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
I was hoping you had already worked thru it for a less expensive fix. Closest I have found is a custom built case that is coming in the near future from Rockland Gears. It is supposed to be a built tranny Tremec 6060 with a sfi 16.3 rated case. Nobody is making a bellhousing nor do they plan on making one for the tremec 6060 due to clearance issues and the dang oil pump location. I have to run at a track that is anal about NHRA safety issues so it is what it is. Also they want us to carry our log book with pictures of clutch etc with us at all times...roflmao. what can you do?..Cant wait to hear your results. Oh by the way.. You may want to talk to Frank at DSS on the Carbon fiber driveshaft. They are having some problems with the glue used to bond the shaft to the aluminum parts and they are spinning apart at the rear Diff. I personally saw one detonate at the track the week before Cfest and I guess two more bit the dust at Cfest. Aluminum shaft may still be the best option right now..

Actually only one came apart at the fest and one before (like the PST one Conrad's Hankook) here is a full explanation. (click here)

p.s. jrpxxii Car is coming out real nice, its great to see someone taking there time to make a special effort on the platform.
Driveshaftshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:25 AM   #40
jrpxxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driveshaftshop View Post
Actually only one came apart at the fest and one before (like the PST one Conrad's Hankook) here is a full explanation. (click here)

p.s. jrpxxii Car is coming out real nice, its great to see someone taking there time to make a special effort on the platform.
Thanks for the info. I hope this is not going to be a trend for the CF shafts and is only a freak occurance with the few that have gone bad by any manufacturer as it seems several CF shafts have broke. I am going to give this one a full workout and will see what it will withstand and if it breaks, I guess I will be waiting for an alternative. I have to say it is great to see the vendors on here standing behind their product no matter what and this is the reason that this is the best camaro community.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:50 AM   #41
Bossmanz07

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Supercharged YSI
Nice build I'm going ladder bar set up with fab 9 rear end mini tubs to put a 24x15 wheel and tire for traction from chassis works with over 1100rwph the baddest 416 in the world... And now swapping from manaul to 4l80e transmission automatic
Bossmanz07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #42
jrpxxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossmanz07 View Post
Nice build I'm going ladder bar set up with fab 9 rear end mini tubs to put a 24x15 wheel and tire for traction from chassis works with over 1100rwph the baddest 416 in the world... And now swapping from manaul to 4l80e transmission automatic
I am also going to swap my manual for the auto as I want to get the best times out of this car as once we add the NOS it will be around 1500rwhp and the manual just wont hold up.