Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 09-28-2011, 08:03 AM   #15
ibmrs

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IBM
So what his transmission warranty is or is not gone, he pulled the tranny himself and had it built RIGHT . What good is warranty if GM won't admit/fix the problem, what are you going to do, live with a crappy trans just to have a precious warranty on it? OP has a working transmission, which is a lot more than the rest of you 6 speeders can say.

Everybody with manual 6 speed should be thanking the OP for taking the time and money to do this for you. Now you have ammunition to use against GM to get your syncros changed out under warranty and fixed properly.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #16
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
WOW!! Great solution. Now what was it?? LOL
Old 09-28-2011, 08:16 AM   #17
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Like I said Id like to let Rick explain it to you. He told me he used a different syncronizer. its not a camaro syncronizer and whatever he did worked because my trans shifts perfectly now.
IDEALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:19 AM   #18
ibmrs

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
WOW!! Great solution. Now what was it?? LOL
edit. what OP said.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:29 AM   #19
earn88hardt

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro SS
no thanks mine shifts fine.
earn88hardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:41 AM   #20
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Dietcoke -
Old 09-28-2011, 08:59 AM   #21
Dexgto

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
PM me how much it cost u just wondering how much. Dealer has mine not sure if there gonna be able to fix it right this time
Dexgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:23 AM   #22
jtmiller92

Drives: 2011 1SS Camaro
I dont know if this post makes me feel better or worse. Rick was going to be my last option to get this thing fixed if GM couldn't sort it out. But having to send the transmission into him twice to fix it is a deal breaker.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #23
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

well my tranny was just a horrible grinder at high rpm into second. He rebuilt it with the upgraded carbon blockers and new shift fork bushings the first time with a brand new second gear for camaro . Rick is very thorough and makes sure all tolerences are correct. When i got it back and it still ground second he was baffled at first and said this just may be a problem tranny and we might have to get a new one. because some people have the problem and some dont its weird. he promised me he would do everything in his power to solve this problem for me because i was ready to get rid of the car. so i gave it back to him and hes like a mad scientist and had an idea. so he checked to make sure his idea of using this different syncronizer would work and he said lets try it. at this point i said lets do it i dont care i just want my camaro to work right. so we did and it works. he said if it works hes going to rebuild them all like this from now on. I took a chance at meeting him and just giving him my trans i know i did. But i have to tell you hes a really nice guy and takes pride in his work. i wouldnt want to deal with anyone else, the three hour drive to meet him was worth it to me.

i was the guinea pig, you wont have to send yours in twice.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #24
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
anyway.

On another note... I have a solution for the ticking lifters on the L99... just drop an LSX454 in... problem solved!
Untill those lifters start ticking gm stock lifters and the caddy ones are not hi performance by any means
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:12 AM   #25
jtmiller92

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
i was the guinea pig, you wont have to send yours in twice.
Good to know.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:33 AM   #26
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmrs View Post
So what his transmission warranty is or is not gone, he pulled the tranny himself and had it built RIGHT . What good is warranty if GM won't admit/fix the problem, what are you going to do, live with a crappy trans just to have a precious warranty on it? OP has a working transmission, which is a lot more than the rest of you 6 speeders can say.

Everybody with manual 6 speed should be thanking the OP for taking the time and money to do this for you. Now you have ammunition to use against GM to get your syncros changed out under warranty and fixed properly.

Exactly! Warranty, shmarranty. What good is a warranty or a guarantee if they don't know how to fix it correctly. Reminds me of Tommy Boy.
Quote:
Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me. Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] Okay, I'll buy from you.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:47 AM   #27
jtmiller92

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post

Exactly! Warranty, shmarranty. What good is a warranty or a guarantee if they don't know how to fix it correctly. Reminds me of Tommy Boy.

Warranty hasn't done anything for me so far, this is the second transmission with same deal.(Only 1700 miles on the car) Took it back again due to grinding, notchy issues, and kicking out of second gear. The Service manager was still waiting to hear back from GM when I picked up the car, I think its one of those drive until it gets worse deals.

My problem is I have several mods such as headers, CAI, and a few other items sitting in the garage waiting to go on. I was hoping to have this fixed prior to installing them due to this so called Warranty.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #28
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmiller92 View Post
Warranty hasn't done anything for me so far, this is the second transmission with same deal.(Only 1700 miles on the car) Took it back again due to grinding, notchy issues, and kicking out of second gear. The Service manager was still waiting to hear back from GM when I picked up the car, I think its one of those drive until it gets worse deals.

My problem is I have several mods such as headers, CAI, and a few other items sitting in the garage waiting to go on. I was hoping to have this fixed prior to installing them due to this so called Warranty.

Thats what was bugging me. i got a cam and i want to take the heads off and have them ported but i wasnt going to go through all that if i couldnt shift into second.