Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 09-30-2011, 02:27 AM   #29
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
i dont know what's more awkward...someone changing out the tranny and saying the warranty is still intact...or someone putting on an ss sticker and asking if that voids his/her warranty
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #30
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Why is everyone so negative towards this guy and his warranty. I went through these same issues for over a year with GM and after 3 transmissions and a lawsuit they were trying to make me pay for a fix on a stock transmission that had problems with only 20000 miles on the car. If the guy got a fix then thats great if he believes his tranmission is still in warranty then who are we to tell him different leave that up to GM and his service department. I for one wasnt about to pay GM a dime to fix a stock tranmissions that has problems and continues to have problems.
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:07 AM   #31
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
Why is everyone so negative towards this guy and his warranty. I went through these same issues for over a year with GM and after 3 transmissions and a lawsuit they were trying to make me pay for a fix on a stock transmission that had problems with only 20000 miles on the car. If the guy got a fix then thats great if he believes his tranmission is still in warranty then who are we to tell him different leave that up to GM and his service department. I for one wasnt about to pay GM a dime to fix a stock tranmissions that has problems and continues to have problems.

EXACTLY.

i just wanted my trans fixed so i can do the mods i want and love my camaro even more further blowing my warranty away. people just dont understand that the point of this thread is to inform them there is a solution to the problem.

Oh yeah BTW in case you guys havent noticed your warranty isnt doing a damn thing about this problem. So while you guys sit at the dealer with your warranty ill be driving my camaro.
IDEALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:14 AM   #32
c_LoW29

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
EXACTLY.

i just wanted my trans fixed so i can do the mods i want and love my camaro even more further blowing my warranty away. people just dont understand that the point of this thread is to inform them there is a solution to the problem.

Oh yeah BTW in case you guys havent noticed your warranty isnt doing a damn thing about this problem. So while you guys sit at the dealer with your warranty ill be driving my camaro.
I would have paid to fix the transmission out of pocket if I knew it would fix the problem for good but I went through 3 transmission on my v6 with normal driving not hard driving at all. I wish the aftermarket would have had a fix for the ay6 but they dont and no one was showing interest in researching it so I got a SS L99 done and done.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:23 AM   #33
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
I would have paid to fix the transmission out of pocket if I knew it would fix the problem for good but I went through 3 transmission on my v6 with normal driving not hard driving at all. I wish the aftermarket would have had a fix for the ay6 but they dont and no one was showing interest in researching it so I got a SS L99 done and done.
Nice
Old 10-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #34
camaro34

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Doesn't Rick give a warranty on his trannys?
camaro34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #35
carls2010

Drives: 2006 Corvette
yes after market does have a fix for the AY6

I HAD A ay6 , 2010 R.S.--That had a problem going into gear -[ second] - And after leaving at dealer's and they couldnt varify, and i had turned it into gm and the NHTSA. cause of almost two rear end hits to my car.- So i got rid of it for a 2010 S.S,-- AND YES THERE IS A AFTERMARKET FIX FOR THE AY6, -AFTER TALKING TO THREE TRANS SHOPS AND THE ONE I ALWAYS USED IN THE PAST, I told him my issue when i had it AND HE KNEW THE FIX before i could ask him if it was avalible and if he could do. - His responce was his kits he had put in these tran's had the diff syncros that cured the going into gear, which he had done for a few toyota and cadilac owners.-- -These are his reg customers, and the trans are still working great.-- Heard east coast trans will fix them to but alot of money... - As for the member that had his rebuilt, good for him, but if he brought it back to gm for trans issue he is out of luck for warr on trans..-- sorry for hitting my cap's on.
carls2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:26 PM   #36
GeorgeM

Drives: 2016 2SS, Yellowjacket, A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
well my tranny was just a horrible grinder at high rpm into second. He rebuilt it with the upgraded carbon blockers and new shift fork bushings the first time with a brand new second gear for camaro . Rick is very thorough and makes sure all tolerences are correct. When i got it back and it still ground second he was baffled at first and said this just may be a problem tranny and we might have to get a new one. because some people have the problem and some dont its weird. he promised me he would do everything in his power to solve this problem for me because i was ready to get rid of the car. so i gave it back to him and hes like a mad scientist and had an idea. so he checked to make sure his idea of using this different syncronizer would work and he said lets try it. at this point i said lets do it i dont care i just want my camaro to work right. so we did and it works. he said if it works hes going to rebuild them all like this from now on. I took a chance at meeting him and just giving him my trans i know i did. But i have to tell you hes a really nice guy and takes pride in his work. i wouldnt want to deal with anyone else, the three hour drive to meet him was worth it to me.

i was the guinea pig, you wont have to send yours in twice.
I'm sure you are more intelligent than you write, so try using better punctuation, capitalization, spelling and sentence structure to convey your message.
GeorgeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #37
kaylew78

Drives: 2011 rs/ss ls3
you worry too much about "sentence structure" and such. its not hard to understand the "message". nevermind you prolly gotta run and go grade some essays or sumting
kaylew78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:32 PM   #38
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post

On another note... I have a solution for the ticking lifters on the L99... just drop an LSX454 in... problem solved!
I dont have ticking lifter but I if I get them I will take your advise so I dont have to deal with the dealership...
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:39 AM   #39
rick@tandtperformance

Drives: Corvette
Hey guys, I'm just getting back from vacation so I apologize for being late. J, I'm glad the transmission is now working as it should.

The price for the complete upgraded is $2,000. This comes with 1 year/unlimited miles warranty. The OP transmission was covered under that warranty and the new gear and the synchro along with labor was at no cost.

The 1-2 synchronizer used is from the Corvette.

As for the warranty on the transmission, the OP doesn't need GM!
rick@tandtperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #40
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Thank you Rick for clearing that up for us.
My transmisssion is still perfect and has not had any grind issues since.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #41
c_LoW29

Great guys over there at TandT they did some work on my black LS when I had it now I have to get them to work on my SS
Old 10-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #42
rick@tandtperformance

Drives: Corvette
Quote:
Great guys over there at TandT they did some work on my black LS when I had it now I have to get them to work on my SS
Let us know what you have in mind and we can take care any of your needs.
rick@tandtperformance is offline   Reply With Quote