Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 10-03-2011, 09:33 PM   #43
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Rick- have you guys shed any light on why the clutch burns periodically when revving engine with clutch fully pressed to the floor, or under load when taking off?
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #44
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Bro' (OP) don't let people raz you. What good is a warranty if the vendor doesn't honour it or "won't" resolve the issues?

The warranty on these Camaro's isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

It's better to spend a few dollars and get what you "expect" than to waste your precious life and time jerking around with GM's perhistoric monkeys living in a bubble.

The Camaro was GM's opportunity to showcase to the world they learned from their previous screw up's but instead they took die hard muscle car lovers for granted and won't fix or resolve any of the issues with the clutch, engine, tranny, paint, body warping, suspension, drivetrain, et al. But, instead spend their time marketing a new version of a busted car. Most people use the Camaro as a grocery getter or a daily driver to work so don't know any better, but for those of us that know how to drive and enjoy aggressive driving in a so called muscle car, knows everything on this vehicle breaks if you drive it hard or doesn't perform as it should (case and point can't shift into 2nd. at high RPM's). Think of itl I don't care how much a vehicle costs, what the hell is the point of a muscle car that won't shift into a gear at high RPM?
GM has known about this issue, there are numerous reported incidents, and even special groups on Facebook complaining about it along with the clutch issue for several years and still GM has done absolutely nothing to resolve it. Yet there are some people yaping on your thread about warranty or lack of warranty to those of us that take actoion to use our hard earned dollars to resolve an issue that shouldn't exist in the first place. These guys have no brains in their heads.

Let the GM poster boys, buy purple fluid and then when their trannys get smoked, or clutch fries when they decide to burn the tires a bit in front of their friends, they'll bring them back to GM who will review their useless warranty papers and laugh or worse replace it with the same garbage that was in it before. I have friends that had clutch repaired 4 times before it was taken care of properly.

Glad to hear you had your tranny worked on, enjoy it at 5-6k RPM were real drivers want to be. Sorry, for the rant but I get pissed when people who bought their $30k Camaro, drive it like girls and talk trash about something they know nothing about the issue or wanna' be GM poster boys for the sake of brand / country loyalty.

Last edited by calbert1999; 10-03-2011 at 11:21 PM.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:02 AM   #45
jtmiller92

Drives: 2011 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Bro' (OP) don't let people raz you. What good is a warranty if the vendor doesn't honour it or "won't" resolve the issues?

It's better to spend a few dollars and get what you "expect" than to waste your precious life and time jerking around with GM's perhistoric monkeys living in a bubble.

The Camaro was GM's opportunity to showcase to the world they learned from their previous screw up's but instead they took die hard muscle car lovers for granted and won't fix or resolve any of the issues with the clutch, engine, tranny, paint, body warping, suspension, drivetrain, et al. But, instead spend their time marketing a new version of a busted car. Most people use the Camaro as a grocery getter or a daily driver to work so don't know any better, but for those of us that know how to drive and enjoy aggressive driving in a so called muscle car, knows everything on this vehicle breaks if you drive it hard or doesn't perform as it should (case and point can't shift into 2nd. at high RPM's). Think of itl I don't care how much a vehicle costs, what the hell is the point of a muscle car that won't shift into a gear at high RPM?
GM has known about this issue, there are numerous reported incidents, and even special groups on Facebook complaining about it along with the clutch issue for several years and still GM has done absolutely nothing to resolve it. Yet there are some people yaping on your thread about warranty or lack of warranty to those of us that take actoion to use our hard earned dollars to resolve an issue that shouldn't exist in the first place. These guys have no brains in their heads.

Let the GM poster boys, buy purple fluid and then when their trannys get smoked, or clutch fries when they decide to burn the tires a bit in front of their friends, they'll bring them back to GM who will review their useless warranty papers and laugh or worse replace it with the same garbage that was in it before. I have friends that had clutch repaired 4 times before it was taken care of properly.

Glad to hear you had your tranny worked on, enjoy it at 5-6k RPM were real drivers want to be. Sorry, for the rant but I get pissed when people who bought their $30k Camaro, drive it like girls and talk trash about something they know nothing about the issue or wanna' be GM poster boys for the sake of brand / country loyalty.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this way. I finally told my dealer not to worry about the trans issues. I was tired of dealing with it and would just send it out to RPM transmissions this winter.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:53 AM   #46
rick@tandtperformance

Drives: Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike25 View Post
Rick- have you guys shed any light on why the clutch burns periodically when revving engine with clutch fully pressed to the floor, or under load when taking off?
That sounds like the clutch is not releasing all the way and dragging. When we upgrade the trasnmission, we usually upgrade the clutch at the same time so I don't have any information on the stock clutch. :(
rick@tandtperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #47
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick@tandtperformance View Post
That sounds like the clutch is not releasing all the way and dragging. When we upgrade the trasnmission, we usually upgrade the clutch at the same time so I don't have any information on the stock clutch. :(
sometimes it does it- sometimes it doesnt..if it keeps up- youl be getting a visit from me.
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #48
Rick@RKT56

Drives: Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike25 View Post
sometimes it does it- sometimes it doesnt..if it keeps up- youl be getting a visit from me.
We've had very good results with the ZR1 clutches. Stock feel and holds a lot of power. Let us know when you're ready.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:18 PM   #49
ctuna86
Charlie the Tuna

Drives: 1968 Z28 Yellow/Black Stripes
Send a message via Yahoo to ctuna86
What the Hell is going on? I was in one of the mustang forums and everyone was talking about the 2nd gear grind/not going into gear, in the new 6 speed transmision and it was being looked into by ABC news investigative reports. ABC was looking for customers to tell their stories about repairs, dealership experiences and Ford's involvement in getting the problem fixed. I just got out of the Honda Civic 8th gen forum and they had a list going of all members having 2nd gear grinding like this forum.
ctuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:54 PM   #50
jtmiller92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna86 View Post
What the Hell is going on? I was in one of the mustang forums and everyone was talking about the 2nd gear grind/not going into gear, in the new 6 speed transmision and it was being looked into by ABC news investigative reports. ABC was looking for customers to tell their stories about repairs, dealership experiences and Ford's involvement in getting the problem fixed. I just got out of the Honda Civic 8th gen forum and they had a list going of all members having 2nd gear grinding like this forum.
Well, Its definately not camaro specific. The GT500's and Challengers with TR6060 transmissions have the same issues.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #51
kaylew78

Drives: 2011 rs/ss ls3
some posts on this thread and similar threads that claim no problems or same problems with other makes/models seem like propaganda.
kaylew78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:02 AM   #52
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick@tandtperformance View Post
Hey guys, I'm just getting back from vacation so I apologize for being late. J, I'm glad the transmission is now working as it should.

The price for the complete upgraded is $2,000. This comes with 1 year/unlimited miles warranty. The OP transmission was covered under that warranty and the new gear and the synchro along with labor was at no cost.

The 1-2 synchronizer used is from the Corvette.

As for the warranty on the transmission, the OP doesn't need GM!
Would these synchronizers from the Vette also work for 3-4 shifts... We finally got my 1-2 shift problem fixed and now we can't get into 4th gear without grinding when driving normally, much less under load...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:13 AM   #53
jtmiller92

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylew78 View Post
some posts on this thread and similar threads that claim no problems or same problems with other makes/models seem like propaganda.
How so? I'm just pointing out that it s a Tremec TR6060 problem if your talking about my post. And yes my trans is a 2nd gear grinder.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:55 PM   #54
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post

IDEALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #55
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylew78 View Post
Actually, there are (3) issues with the M6 that have been well known for some time now, and in fact are shared with the muscle car industry with no progress since the 2010 model.

Issues:

1. Stinky, burning, warped clutch; OE clutch is garbage. Nuff said.
a) Do yourself a favour get a good clutch installed and you'll never turn back.
b) Stop wasting time at the shop for the sake of saving a few dollars, you'll end up there like 4 - 5 times to get this one resolved. When they're finally sick of you they might give you a ZR1 clutch just to get rid of you.

2. Clutch pedal issues; Sticks to floor; doesn't engage until 3/4 from the floor; Shifts suck
a) Replace the hydraulic assembly (replaces master / slave cylinders, and brake lines for better & cooler fluid flow).
b) Get a quick fix from Lingenfelter (to resolve stuck to floor issue)
c) Get separate fluid reservoir (clutch fluid is shared and heated by brakes, and get's dirty; they must have saved millions just on this alone).

3. Can't shift 1-2, 3-4,
a) Get a good short throw shifter (not necessary but helps a lot).
b) Complete tranny job to get all the syncros replaced (cheap iron syncros causing major issues).
c) Get a bleeder installed (you'll be able to change fluid really easily on track days).

Do the math (equals multiple millions in savings) and now you know why domestic automakers will not honour warranties to fix these issues, and jerk you around. Therefore the warranties aren't worth a damn.

Hope this helps ya'll.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote