Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-05-2012, 01:26 AM   #1
sswiss3000

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS Vert, L99
Window Auto up Feature

So I just drove about 1000miles from Texas back to Chicago after picking up my New 2012 Camaro Convertible. On the drive I started noticing how quickly those windows go up with the autoup feature. While that is very cool it started to make me think about what would happen if i mistakingly kept lets say a finger out the window while i turn them up . Can anyone tell me if the Camaro has a Saftey reverse function or anything like that?
sswiss3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:39 AM   #2
BumbleBeeMatt

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS TF3
Why not stick a finger in there and find out? can't hurt that bad right?
BumbleBeeMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:04 AM   #3
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Had it roll up on my wrist as I was waving to a passing camaro. After it gave me a good squeeze it went back down on it's own, like an elevator door opening after closing on an object.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:07 AM   #4
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Mine's pretty slow...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:14 AM   #5
RollaMo

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sswiss3000 View Post
So I just drove about 1000miles from Texas back to Chicago after picking up my New 2012 Camaro Convertible. On the drive I started noticing how quickly those windows go up with the autoup feature. While that is very cool it started to make me think about what would happen if i mistakingly kept lets say a finger out the window while i turn them up .
Can anyone tell me if the Camaro has a Saftey reverse function or anything like that?
I guess I haven't really tried it, but I am pretty sure they do.
All cars with the "auto up" have that safety feature.

Also, if you don't want to auto up feature to engage just barely push the switch (in either up or down position).
2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
RollaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:21 AM   #6
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Roll it up on your finger and see. Doesn't hurt too bad.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:23 AM   #7
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
. Can anyone tell me if the Camaro has a Saftey reverse function or anything like that?
i believe it's required.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:25 AM   #8
JoansDriver
Hoser Orange

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
i believe it's required.
Yup, because kids are stupid.
JoansDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:27 AM   #9
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoansDriver View Post
Yup, because kids are stupid.
lmao
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:51 AM   #10
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Auto up?
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #11
5cents
Dave

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS - Black/CGM Stripes
From the owners manual:

Express Window Anti-Pinch Feature

When express-up is active, the window will auto-reverse if there is an obstruction or severe icing. The window returns to normal operation after the obstruction or condition is removed. If conditions prevent a window from closing and it continues to auto-reverse, the window can be closed by having the ignition in ON/RUN and holding the window switch up until the window is closed.

Programming the Power Windows

If the battery on the vehicle has been recharged, disconnected, or is not working, you may need to reprogram the windows for the express-up feature to work. Before reprogramming, replace or recharge the vehicle's battery.

To program each front window, follow these steps:

1. With the ignition in ON/RUN, close all doors.
2. With the window partially open, pull the power window switch up until the window is fully closed.
3. Repeat step 2 on all remaining windows.
5cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #12
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Thanks Dave I will try that.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #13
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
So I just drove about 1000miles from Texas back to Chicago after picking up my New 2012 Camaro Convertible. On the drive I started noticing how quickly those windows go up with the autoup feature. While that is very cool it started to make me think about what would happen if i mistakingly kept lets say a finger out the window while i turn them up . Can anyone tell me if the Camaro has a Saftey reverse function or anything like that?
On page 2-15 in your owner's manual, it states:

Express Window Anti-Pinch Feature
When express-up is active, the window will auto-reverse if there is an obstruction or severe icing. The window returns to normal operation after the obstruction or condition is removed. If conditions prevent a window from closing and it continues to auto-reverse, the window can be closed by having the ignition in ON/ RUN and holding the window switch up until the window is closed.

I hope this was helpful!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 08-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #14
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeMatt View Post
Why not stick a finger in there and find out? can't hurt that bad right?
Oh, man... I tried that with a crawdad one time. I figured, "How bad could that little fella really hurt?" So, I intentionally let him clamp down on a finger. Let me tell ya... that was like a pair of pliers with little sharp points clamping down hard. My finger was blue for a week.

All in the name of redneck science...
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote