Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
SSCamaroKyle

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Crazy Reckless Driving Ticket

On August 28, 2012 at approximately 6:30 I was passing Seymour Lake Park near east Seymour Lake and Baldwin. At that point in time I was driving at 55mph around 35-45 ft from the entrance of the park (almost exact location when she pulled out click on link http://goo.gl/maps/Ao0MU) when a pearl white GMC Acadia decided to pull out in front of me. At this point I had to make a decision and either hit the car or pass. I chose to pass the car instead of hitting it. I then preceded towards my home and got stuck at the light at Seymour Lake and Baldwin and noticed that the blonde lady in the GMC Acadia was on the phone. I then continued to my subdivision and parked my car noticing that there was a Grey Chevrolet Trailblazer following very close to me he then parked on my street, as I walked into my home. I then walked outside to see an Oakland county sheriff sitting in the street with this guy in a trailblazer. As the Oakland county sheriff walked up my driveway I walked out of my garage to greet him and at that point the unknown man jumped out of his trailblazer yelling at me I was getting a ticket for reckless driving. At this point I’m am not sure who this man is that is yelling at me. Then the sheriff on the scene decided to tell me that an off duty police officer was following me this whole time. And then officer Darrin decided to shove his badge in my face and continues to yell at me telling me that I almost ran his family off the road. I then at that point in time realized the lady in the white pearl Acadia was the officer Darrin’s wife. At the point when I decided to take action and not rear end a car there were NO CARS exiting the park. Which officer Darrin insists that he was? However neither me nor my girlfriend in the car saw any cars leaving the park or near a point where they could have seen the incident. So all of the information that officer Darrin was given was through his wife on the cell phone. As both officers continued to ask me questions one that they kept asking was if I was near Seymour Lake Park. Which again makes me question the validity if officer Darrin actually saw what happened? As me and my family decided to have a heated conversation with both Officer Forrest and officer Darrin, Officer Darrin kept telling Officer Forrest what to right me up for. Officer Forrest then proceeded to do so without asking me any questions or seeing the incident. At this point I am receiving a reckless driving ticket all based on hearsay facts. When the conversation started to calm down I walked over to the side and talked to officer Darrin man to man and he at first told me to not even try at this point. I then proceeded to tell him to talk to me and he did. He explained his concerns and I explained mine. He then told me that when he came to my house he thought I was just a DICK kid. But me taking the time to talk to him showed him otherwise. He told me that if I don’t get any tickets from here to my court date he would get it reduced down to an impeeding traffic ticket. But regardless I have a ticket in my hand for reckless driving. And as I talked to lawyers the next day I found out that off duty officers can only take action in life threatening situations and a reckless driving ticket is the only ticket they can give out while off duty.
SSCamaroKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:42 AM   #2
Quackersacker

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
Long watch but well worth it.

This

From a law school professor and a police officer doing a seminar.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #3
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCamaroKyle View Post
On August 28, 2012 at approximately 6:30 I was passing Seymour Lake Park near east Seymour Lake and Baldwin. At that point in time I was driving at 55mph around 35-45 ft from the entrance of the park (almost exact location when she pulled out click on link http://goo.gl/maps/Ao0MU) when a pearl white GMC Acadia decided to pull out in front of me. At this point I had to make a decision and either hit the car or pass. I chose to pass the car instead of hitting it. I then preceded towards my home and got stuck at the light at Seymour Lake and Baldwin and noticed that the blonde lady in the GMC Acadia was on the phone. I then continued to my subdivision and parked my car noticing that there was a Grey Chevrolet Trailblazer following very close to me he then parked on my street, as I walked into my home. I then walked outside to see an Oakland county sheriff sitting in the street with this guy in a trailblazer. As the Oakland county sheriff walked up my driveway I walked out of my garage to greet him and at that point the unknown man jumped out of his trailblazer yelling at me I was getting a ticket for reckless driving. At this point I’m am not sure who this man is that is yelling at me. Then the sheriff on the scene decided to tell me that an off duty police officer was following me this whole time. And then officer Darrin decided to shove his badge in my face and continues to yell at me telling me that I almost ran his family off the road. I then at that point in time realized the lady in the white pearl Acadia was the officer Darrin’s wife. At the point when I decided to take action and not rear end a car there were NO CARS exiting the park. Which officer Darrin insists that he was? However neither me nor my girlfriend in the car saw any cars leaving the park or near a point where they could have seen the incident. So all of the information that officer Darrin was given was through his wife on the cell phone. As both officers continued to ask me questions one that they kept asking was if I was near Seymour Lake Park. Which again makes me question the validity if officer Darrin actually saw what happened? As me and my family decided to have a heated conversation with both Officer Forrest and officer Darrin, Officer Darrin kept telling Officer Forrest what to right me up for. Officer Forrest then proceeded to do so without asking me any questions or seeing the incident. At this point I am receiving a reckless driving ticket all based on hearsay facts. When the conversation started to calm down I walked over to the side and talked to officer Darrin man to man and he at first told me to not even try at this point. I then proceeded to tell him to talk to me and he did. He explained his concerns and I explained mine. He then told me that when he came to my house he thought I was just a DICK kid. But me taking the time to talk to him showed him otherwise. He told me that if I don’t get any tickets from here to my court date he would get it reduced down to an impeeding traffic ticket. But regardless I have a ticket in my hand for reckless driving. And as I talked to lawyers the next day I found out that off duty officers can only take action in life threatening situations and a reckless driving ticket is the only ticket they can give out while off duty.
Court. Dashcam request. Case dismissed.

It's that easy.

Burden of proof is on the officer involved. Unless you get a biased judge, which 98% of them are, then you should have no problem getting this dismissed.

Good luck.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCamaroKyle View Post

So sorry to hear about this, I know that corner and area well. Hopefully you can get this dismmised. Keep this thread up to date on what happens.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #5
Jameg1011

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary
Sorry to hear that. I had a similar thing happen to me. Got pulled over in upstate NY by an off duty State trooper. He tried to tell me i was doing 83 in a 55. I politely informed him that not only was the speed limit 65, but that my cruse control was on 72. He then got really defensive and went back to his personal car that he pulled me over in. (pulled me over by flashing his badge at me after following me for a mile). He comes back a few minutes later, to admit that he didn't have a radar gun and had just guessed my speed. Then tells me I'm going to get a ticket for not signalling the lane change when he pulled me over. Then he went back to his car, came back and said the other officer would be there shortly. 30 minutes later an on duty officer showed up, talked with the guy that pulled me over, and wrote me the ticket. I decided to just take the ticket and not argue, but after talking with the court, they told me i should def fight it in court because the off duty officer wasn't allowed to pull me over in the first place esp since i wasn't even breaking the law.
Jameg1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #6
SSCamaroKyle

Yeah this is just the sorduve thing that happens to me. I know the guy was prolly like "this punk ass kid in a new camaro ss I'LL SHOW HIM"
Old 08-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #7
SSCamaroKyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowSStopper View Post
Court. Dashcam request. Case dismissed.

It's that easy.

Burden of proof is on the officer involved. Unless you get a biased judge, which 98% of them are, then you should have no problem getting this dismissed.

Good luck.

Hopefully I can get this dismissed. If i dont im looking at higher insurance for 2 years. And driver resposibility of $500 a year. And the $500 ticket. NO BUENO
Old 08-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #8
2SS 2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Black
Why would that cop go to all that trouble to go to your house if you did nothing.. i mean come on here something doesn't add up
2SS 2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #9
SSCamaroKyle

Thats the whole story man. The only reason i can guess is because his wife told him that some asshole kid cut her off and she told him to do something.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:58 AM   #10
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Did the officer clock with with his radar gun? No? Did the officer show you what speed was displayed on his radar gun? No? Case dismissed on lack of evidence.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:58 AM   #11
Mishimoto
Account Suspended

Drives: Mostly Stock
What clear proof is there that you broke a law? Establish reasonable doubt
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:58 AM   #12
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
considering the facts that you have presented.....its time to get a lawyer and go to court, hopefully you got Officer Darrins full name and badge number, time to sapena him and seeing as neither he or the other officer saw the incident, after a few quick questions in court and its a done deal.....DISMISSED.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #13
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS 2011 View Post
Why would that cop go to all that trouble to go to your house if you did nothing.. i mean come on here something doesn't add up
Because he cut off the guys wife...or should I say.."cut off" the guys wife.

Stupid crap like this happens all the time. Believe it or not. And I get really about it.

ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #14
Quackersacker

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
Probably said enough to the interview officers now that they would have him. 2 officers just his family hmmmm going to be hard to fight.