Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-31-2012, 03:34 PM   #15
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
My BAD, FSP in the house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
Thanks guys appreciate most of the comments here

We'll be doing a full pictorial on Birm's car with the installation and of course dyno video. The lift guys are here right now tightening down the last bolts on the lift & dyno so we'll be good to go. We're going to start on the methanol kit today, due to UPS with holidays the ECS kit will be here Wednesday but still on track to get er done this week.

Oh and insurance-wise, I just switched to Heacoc Classic insurance. Dropped my premium almost $1600 over Geico, and I'm insured for $68000 assessed value like Jaime said from my supercharger to my Weld's. However, this is secondary insurance you need to prove you have a primary driver car.

Oh and Birm it's FSP !!! It should have been FPS but that's another story of Matt not paying attention to when he registered the name!

- Matt
Bah.. My bad. I typed it on memory lol, for some reason FPS was in my head They know what im talking about lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Awww yeah!!!! Turn up the boost
Hopefully I am close to you brother!

Quote:
13-14psi
Sounds good to me
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:01 PM   #16
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birm View Post

Hopefully I am close to you brother!

)
I think you will be man! I'm thinking 820 . Matt knows the spec of my cam not sure how it matches up to yours but I was able to make 15.3lbs of boost.

Hope you got plans for the rear end and invest I'm better tires LOL
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:08 PM   #17
Birm

I got the DSS 1400 Axles, I am hoping that and a future Driveshaft will do the trick, rather not get a full 9"
Old 12-31-2012, 05:12 PM   #18
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birm View Post
I got the DSS 1400 Axles, I am hoping that and a future Driveshaft will do the trick, rather not get a full 9"
Depends on what your gonna do I guess. Doug told me trying to launch my car with the stock diff it's more than likely going to blow lol. My .02 is plan for one in the future haha.

DSS Hammerhead is a nice piece as well. Les powerloss and it weighs considerably less I think
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #19
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
If you keep the sticky tires off, do the axles and driveshaft you should be good for a bit. When we put my drag pack on and go for the time-shot I make no warranties about the stock rearend

Vanq: We won't make that kind of boost down here, you have something called "cool" weather up there LOL. It's just hot, hotter, and stupid hot down here mostly. Although we have been catching some 45-50* nights now.

Quote:
I'm thinking 820
Ah on our Mustang dyno I am not anticipating seeing anything with a 8 in front of it. We have a baseline of the vehicle so we'll know the HP/TQ improvements though!
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:20 PM   #20
Birm

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Depends on what your gonna do I guess. Doug told me trying to launch my car with the stock diff it's more than likely going to blow lol. My .02 is plan for one in the future haha.

DSS Hammerhead is a nice piece as well. Les powerloss and it weighs considerably less I think
Ill look into it, thanks brother. My car wont see the track much as its my DD and I am pulled away quite a bit due to my job. But if and WHEN I do bust it, a 9" from DSS will where I go

Quote:
If you keep the sticky tires off, do the axles and driveshaft you should be good for a bit. When we put my drag pack on and go for the time-shot I make no warranties about the stock rearend

Vanq: We won't make that kind of boost down here, you have something called "cool" weather up there LOL. It's just hot, hotter, and stupid hot down here mostly. Although we have been catching some 45-50* nights now.

Ah on our Mustang dyno I am not anticipating seeing anything with a 8 in front of it. We have a baseline of the vehicle so we'll know the HP/TQ improvements though!

Lucky for me we will be on the Dyno in the winter lol. I will be happy as long as it is considerable improvment and no loss in driveability

Hence the reason I went with you and the ECS vs' the much cheaper maggie
Old 12-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #21
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
You'll be happy no matter what. You have a lot of supporting mods. The only thing that may hold you back is the fuel system. A BAP is great, but sometimes you'll feel when the car is starving for more fuel. Matt knows what he's doing so you'll be fine. You'll def. be somewhere in the 700+ range, at least on a Mustang dyno, more if it was a Dynojet. Just make sure you find a place to get your meth at. You'll go through it quickly.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:53 PM   #22
Birm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82xx View Post
You'll be happy no matter what. You have a lot of supporting mods. The only thing that may hold you back is the fuel system. A BAP is great, but sometimes you'll feel when the car is starving for more fuel. Matt knows what he's doing so you'll be fine. You'll def. be somewhere in the 700+ range, at least on a Mustang dyno, more if it was a Dynojet. Just make sure you find a place to get your meth at. You'll go through it quickly.
ZL1 Pump is going in as well

And I called around yesterday and got a Meth-lab () within minutes of my house

I cant wait!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:07 PM   #23
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
You're good to go then.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:20 PM   #24
Jayrcr3

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
On the stock tires that thing will be nasty. My cammed/whipple makes 650 at the tires and will break them loose at 40. Should be a fun driver for sure. I wish I knew someone local with a centri so I could feel the difference in power delivery.

Call Andy @ ADM and get his FPCM, or the ZL1 pump is a waste of money. My Z pump is falling into the upper 40's at my power level even with the BAP. Your meth will help alleviate some of that problem though.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
American Racing 1 7/8" Headers and Hi-Flow Cats, CAI cold air intake, Flowmaster AT exhaust, Vengeance Racing Stage 2 cam, VMax ported throttle body, TEA valve springs and titanium retainers, Trick Flow hardened pushrods, 180* T-stat, Comp Trunion kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM Fuel Pump Control Module, 20% window tint, Whipple Supercharger. Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports. 656rwhp/584rwtq @10 PSI.
Jayrcr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:10 PM   #25
Birm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrcr3 View Post
On the stock tires that thing will be nasty. My cammed/whipple makes 650 at the tires and will break them loose at 40. Should be a fun driver for sure. I wish I knew someone local with a centri so I could feel the difference in power delivery.

Call Andy @ ADM and get his FPCM, or the ZL1 pump is a waste of money. My Z pump is falling into the upper 40's at my power level even with the BAP. Your meth will help alleviate some of that problem though.

I hope not but I've talked to Andy, so if the KB Bap doesn't hold I will absolutely do the FPCM.

Hopefully I won't need to though
Old 12-31-2012, 07:24 PM   #26
Jayrcr3

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
The cenri blower and meth may be okay. 2ss-rs matt was having the same problem as I am. He installed the FPCM from Andy and he now holds 63psi. I called Andy the other day to order it, but no one answered. I'll catch him the end of this week and get it on its way. Keep us updated. You will have a permanent perma grin. Lol

American Racing 1 7/8" Headers and Hi-Flow Cats, CAI cold air intake, Flowmaster AT exhaust, Vengeance Racing Stage 2 cam, VMax ported throttle body, TEA valve springs and titanium retainers, Trick Flow hardened pushrods, 180* T-stat, Comp Trunion kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM Fuel Pump Control Module, 20% window tint, Whipple Supercharger. Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports. 656rwhp/584rwtq @10 PSI.
Jayrcr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:15 PM   #27
02bluess
Camaro Addict

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1 SIM A6
OP, you'll be happy with your decision; ECS has a great kit, and it delivers great results.

I guess Matt's ok, too

Paul...

Best Timeslip: TBD
02bluess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:23 PM   #28
Birm

Thanks Paul, I am looking forward to it!

And I suppose Matt will do.. lol