Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #29
Case30SS

Drives: 2010 2SS
My biggest suggestion is just say that you are credit union member and want to participate in the program where you get invoice price. Make them show you the invoice to verify and do basic calculations so you don't pay for any dealer ads.
Case30SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #30
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
That price isnt far off according to truecar.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #31
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
if you want to deal with Hendrick, check out the Cary, NC store. They rock. I got my 2ss/rs 1le for the price of a reg 2ss. granted it is a 13, but still... the 14's werent out yet and they could of sold it out it three days before i could get there but they didnt.. kept their word. And they will ship too... Ask for Brian Ceincen...
scruffyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #32
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Case30SS View Post
Invoice price isn't what dealers pay.
There's MSRP
Then Invoice
Then there's advertising, holdback and a few other miscellaneous charges below invoice that get you to dealer cost.
And as far as dealer ads complete scam. Do not pay for nitrogen tires or any of that. I was a Chevy salesman I know all about that.

I am currently a Chevy salesman and what he is saying is 100% true. Also I wouldn't pay more than 400 for all those adds. Only reason I'd pay that much is to make dealing with the dealer easier.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #33
wahoo

Drives: Dreaming of a 2SS/RS
Thanks guys. I'm holding off for the moment and see if they call back. I doubt they will but I'm not in a hurry. I looked at true car, took the average price for a 2SS/RS, added the sunroof, MyLink, 1LE and it came to 44,9. Granted that is retail options but it puts it right at what they were asking. I'm going to start looking at ordering and putting more down. Want my note at 425 or less for 60. Credit is 802 so I have some options.

Thanks for the input!
wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #34
not
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
The price you were quoted does seem high. Pay invoice or below and you know you're getting a fair deal. In a usaa member so I get 750 below invoice.

Dealers don't pay invoice, that's just a common assumption.
From someone who used to be in the biz, the invoice price already includes the dlr's profit. And it makes sense. They have to make some $$$, losing a $100 on every sale but making it up in volume just doesn't pencil out....
not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #35
wahoo

Drives: Dreaming of a 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by not View Post
From someone who used to be in the biz, the invoice price already includes the dlr's profit. And it makes sense. They have to make some $$$, losing a $100 on every sale but making it up in volume just doesn't pencil out....
This is Hendricks no1 dealership. They do 50 cars/Saturday. Only did 19 as of 7p on Sat night. Again, not far off but I'm thinking we were 1500 away in price. Just bought a house and have some expenses coming (ahem, Christmas etc). In any event I'm still looking and may go back to them but more than likely its the turn of the year.
wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #36
Buffman
1LE FTW

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE Recaros NPP
2SS and RS are a must if you are going to have the best looking Camaro (1LE) then you might as well go all out!
Buffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #37
Milkdudd

Drives: Saturn XR V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
In a usaa member so I get 750 below invoice.
I just joined USAA about a week ago. Is being a member enough, or do you need to be in their credit union too? I probably will join that later anyway, I guess. Anyone know if GM Card savings can be used on top of USAA?
Milkdudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #38
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by karnov View Post
If your going to get a 1LE then don't waste money on the 2SS and RS package. The 1LE option is a performance package and the 2SS/RS package takes performance away by adding weight and the RS package adds nothing since you don't get the RS wheels when you get the 1LE package.

The 1LE dealer pre-orders are to get money and nothing else, it doesn't sound like they are considering performance when ordering them that way. I would recommend a custom order and get what you want. Ask around, the best 1LE is the 1SS with no RS package and it will come in about $4500 less.

Definitely get the NPP option exhaust and backup camera with the 1SS, they are a must.

Ditto on the credit union thing as well, that helps.
I agree with all you said, and the camera may have been a good idea, but we had to special order to avoid the NPP, and I am so glad we did. We go just as fast and handle just as well, but spent less and can do it without others noticing as much, but hey that's me. I could care less about the 2SS and RS features. As far as price, we ended up at invoice, less GM Card discount and GM discount. They did throw in about 10 oil changes.

Last edited by gajagfan; 10-28-2013 at 04:42 PM.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #39
karnov

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydr12 View Post
No they do it because most people want leather interior in their car. Which adds little to no weight. People don't only want a high performing car, but one that is nice on the inside as well. If it's gonna be my daily driver, it's going to have a nice interior, not cloth lol.
To each his own, but I could not see paying an extra $4500 just for leather seats and halo lights. If the cloth seats are making it for you then you could just add the Recaro seats for less than $4500. Even the gauge cluster can be bought for $400 and install yourself if you really want that. The only thing I miss is the HUD, but that can be added as option too if you really want.
karnov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #40
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Don't spend extra to get Halos! Especially when there are better aftermarket options available!

We have Halo kits for a fraction of the cost of OEM ones and they can be controlled from your phone!

PM me if you need help with lighting

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #41
C@m@r0
C@m@r0

Drives: 2014 Midnight Blue 2SS 1LE
Just purchased in Austin TX a 2014 2SS/RS 1LE, Blue Ray, Recaros, Sunroof, Nav, Dual Mode Exhaust, Rear Cam, for $45275. MSRP was $47185. Truecar target at $45,430.
C@m@r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #42
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkdudd View Post
I just joined USAA about a week ago. Is being a member enough, or do you need to be in their credit union too? I probably will join that later anyway, I guess. Anyone know if GM Card savings can be used on top of USAA?
just have to be a member
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote