Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-07-2018, 02:01 PM   #15
Dbunch9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Likewise - there are definitely off the shelf grinds that offer even more lift and duration on a tighter LSA that still have acceptable PTV clearance. The GPI stick going in my car this month has more lift that OPs cam, and more duration than the BTR STG4 on a tighter LSA than either of them. Still maintains acceptable PTV clearance on stock heads without the need to flycut.

It's what I would consider a "max effort" without pulling the heads kind of cam that doesn't absolutely shred the valve-train. GPI has a proprietary cam lobe that is designed to work with the stock lifters/rockers and BTR .660 Platinum springs. So - all that said to really say that the cam the OP has isn't a monster stick, and shouldn't be a major concern for tearing up the valve-train - just keep an eye on the springs.
Sounds like we have the same cam going in. Definitely the biggest compared to other shelf cams I was looking at, long duration doesn't seem bad and high lift doesn't seem bad but when I saw the specs of my ss3 I was like damn lol this has to be cutting it close
Dbunch9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 02:10 PM   #16
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbunch9 View Post
Sounds like we have the same cam going in. Definitely the biggest compared to other shelf cams I was looking at, long duration doesn't seem bad and high lift doesn't seem bad but when I saw the specs of my ss3 I was like damn lol this has to be cutting it close
Yep - I reached out to validate PTV clearance - Ryan's confident in it even with a .040" head gasket. Those guys know what's up - so I'm comfortable with that. Makes a lot of these other "stage 3" cams look more like a stage 2.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 03:20 PM   #17
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
care to share?

Tags
cam, duration, high, lift, spec