Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 02-12-2011, 02:19 PM   #15
dahulk

Drives: '11 RS SYNERGY GREEN, 09 Corvette
Send a message via Yahoo to dahulk
thx for the great instructions!
dahulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:37 PM   #16
AZJazzyJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to AZJazzyJ Send a message via Yahoo to AZJazzyJ
Great instructions. I found a simpler shortcut to removing the the accessory outlet that does not require the use of channel locks. After removing the internal screw with a Torx T-10, turn the housing over. There are two clips holding the silver barrel of the accessory outlet to the spring loaded cover. Gently pull the clips outwards and the silver barrel can be pulled straight up. Once That is removed, the housing/cover can be removed by squeezing the tabs with your fingers and pulling straight up. That worked much easier for me than trying to mess with the accessory jack with the barrel intact.

To add to the new console insert the housing first until it clicks in place. Once that is done insert the silver barrel until it clicks into the two tabs. From there reinstall the Torx T-10 screw to the bottom through the black tab. Make sure you line up the holes for the protruding tab in the bottom. Hope that helps.
AZJazzyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #17
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Nice. That really looks good.

I was looking for a way to make sure the trim piece could be changed before I drill a whole for a line lock button. This was just what I was looking for.

Honestly....after seeing that leather piece I might have to look into that one.

Hey Tag.....want to sell your stock trim piece?
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:24 AM   #18
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
PM sent
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote