Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #141
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Good poop! The pedal is part of our fine computer controlled vehicles. a "Sensor" picks up the position of the pedal and sends that to another sensor in the throttle body. no linkage, just signals. My pedal may work with it but don't know. May not talk to the throttle body. Stupid computers.

I'm in over my head.

I could do this you say???? Keeps it simple ~ forward = forward, backward = backward

What the hell is a K member?
Old 07-25-2011, 12:51 PM   #142
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
It goes right before the J member dude, dont you member?

Last edited by Dr Jkel; 07-26-2011 at 06:41 AM.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #143
garcmol

just before the LMNOP member?
Old 07-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #144
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Good poop! The pedal is part of our fine computer controlled vehicles. a "Sensor" picks up the position of the pedal and sends that to another sensor in the throttle body. no linkage, just signals. My pedal may work with it but don't know. May not talk to the throttle body. Stupid computers.

I'm in over my head.

I could do this you say???? Keeps it simple ~ forward = forward, backward = backward

What the hell is a K member?
k member... hmmm, theres a lot of loaded responses to that one...

J's partner... before the flashy thing was used....

It's the big metal, not medal, thing under the front of the car that the steering components, the suspension components, and the engine bolt to...

Remember, you may need heavier springs in the front to support the extra weight... BMR, Eibach, Pfadt or any of a number of others will happily supply those for a minimal charge...
Attached Images

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:04 PM   #145
garcmol

I'm Pfadt~ed already

Ahhh, I see. So, If I found an entire front clip from an SS I would be better off?

I sound all car savvy, lmao
Old 07-25-2011, 01:09 PM   #146
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
I'm Pfadt~ed already

Ahhh, I see. So, If I found an entire front clip from an SS I would be better off?

I sound all car savvy, lmao
SS Minnow, SS Enterprise???

Check around here and see if the K member is compatible... this whole conversation though humorus, may be for naught if they are the same...

and you know what they say about the Pfadtéd cow...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 07-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #147
garcmol

I don't know if anyone's done this. Anytime it's brought up everyone says "Buy an SS." Which to an extent I agree with, however I've grown pretty attached to this car.

I did look at another member's member (Ahhhhh there you go!!! hardy har har) when he busted his sway bar up on his SS and it looked the same to me.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #148
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
I don't know if anyone's done this. Anytime it's brought up everyone says "Buy an SS." Which to an extent I agree with, however I've grown pretty attached to this car.

I did look at another member's member (Ahhhhh there you go!!! hardy har har) when he busted his sway bar up on his SS and it looked the same to me.
Don't worry about what others say as I'm saying this... go figure...

Check with one of the GM dudes on here that work at the plant, or are on the design team... F-bodfather or Mike J. They'll be able to give you an honest answer. If you want to convert yours, Go for it and enjoy... It might be less money in the long run depending on the trad in value... with all the parts you've added, I'ld probably stick with the same car...

Back later... gotta go see someone... and looking at another members member is just so... so... so wrong on so many levels...

Old 07-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #149
garcmol

I shot a PM to Mike J... Waiting to see what he thinks.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #150
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
SS Minnow, SS Enterprise???

Check around here and see if the K member is compatible... this whole conversation though humorus, may be for naught if they are the same...

and you know what they say about the Pfadtéd cow...
Don't know if it's for naught, but it sure sounds naughty!

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #151
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Just to redeem myself...Norm, take a look at this thread...our cars are more awesome than we thought

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160690

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:44 AM   #152
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
Just to redeem myself...Norm, take a look at this thread...our cars are more awesome than we thought

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160690
Good read Diane, thanks! I knew the V6 has the FE2 and SS has FE3. What those differences are I'm not sure. Now FE4 is in the works. 2012 models right?

I shot a PM to a vendor here who informed me that I would have to swap the K member, ECM, driveshaft, rear diff and half shafts just to make it work. I think the rear diff and half shafts are the same as the SS since I have the manual transmission. Not exactly sure though. Haven't had a chance to look under both to compare.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #153
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Good read Diane, thanks! I knew the V6 has the FE2 and SS has FE3. What those differences are I'm not sure. Now FE4 is in the works. 2012 models right?

I shot a PM to a vendor here who informed me that I would have to swap the K member, ECM, driveshaft, rear diff and half shafts just to make it work. I think the rear diff and half shafts are the same as the SS since I have the manual transmission. Not exactly sure though. Haven't had a chance to look under both to compare.
Hell you won't even hardly ride in an SS, much less drive one," Get Underneath One" Why you think I want a lift.....
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:55 AM   #154
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Hell you won't even hardly ride in an SS, much less drive one," Get Underneath One" Why you think I want a lift.....
No doubt. One ride in an SS at 5 mph and 40 feet. The wiki page photo of the rear suspension is a V6. I looked at the pictures of Emma's car with the rear end out of it and I can't see a difference other than the SS rotors.