Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-01-2008, 01:23 PM   #113
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
Been to Chicago, been to lots of windy places, heck, it's just as windy here in Omaha, but again, I ask, "Are you not careful with your own doors?" Maybe it's just me (I doubt it), but when it's windy out, I don't just fling open the door, I hold onto it so it doesn't hit anything. At the pump, don't park such that your door would hit anything even if it accidently flies out of your grasp. That seems pretty simple.

I'm sorry, I go back to the covenience thing...the gas cap should be on the driver's side period. My opinion, yes, (and apparently others as well), and no, it is not a deal breaker for me, just a minor annoyance.
I'm careful with my own door cuz I'm aware of the strong winds but unlike you and me, some people are not aware of their surroundings and just casually open their doors. It is simple. You had asked how people could do that and I was trying to give a possible reason. That's all.
I'm not crying about anything I've seen yet. We're on the same Camaro Parade float.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:35 PM   #114
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
OMG!!!!!! WHAT HAVE THEY DONE!!!! That car isF-U-GLY!!! I'm out after seeing these pics, might go buy a ford just for the heck of it!

Just a little experiment to see how many people actually read the whole post. I love the way this car is shaping up, that nose looks MEAN! One thing I don't like is the fuel door being on the pass. side, but that's just personal preference. Awesome car!
Old 02-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #115
Silverado
GM Guy For Life

Drives: 2010 GMC Yukon XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCamaro View Post
I'm careful with my own door cuz I'm aware of the strong winds but unlike you and me, some people are not aware of their surroundings and just casually open their doors. It is simple. You had asked how people could do that and I was trying to give a possible reason. That's all.
I'm not crying about anything I've seen yet. We're on the same Camaro Parade float.
Yeah, I'm with you Gotham, I'll ride right next to you on that float. I didn't mean to come off sounding like an ass. If I did, my apologies. I guess like the cap being on the side to help idiots who always spill gas, I just think it sucks that a company has to lose some of the cool factor on their products (whatever product that may be) to "idiot proof" it.

Anyway, as I've stated, the gas filler thing, strictly personal preference. It won't keep me from buying the car. I think it's looking great, in and out, and I hope GM keeps on the track they're on...if they do, the future is very bright...for them and for all of us driving their products.
Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:53 PM   #116
Hyperknight
Band.

Drives: 2016 2SS
Awesome pics. I love it!
Hyperknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:53 PM   #117
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I figure I'd quote you too just so everyone can see it one more time....the lights won't stay.
My job is done

Allow me to explain myself, I posted that specifically to get people to say, over and over, that THOSE ARE NOT FOR OUR CAMAROS. It probably needs to be said on every page, since not everyone will

I am sorry for any rage that I caused by my post from earlier
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:54 PM   #118
Bart

Drives: 1997 Trans Am
TriPower, you are NOT allowed to pump your own gas??? Really? Wow.

And I wouldn't hold out having the filler on top as an option. Different filler tubes, different quarter panels, different pieces to support it, having to meet up on the assembly line. This is a (relatively) low cost, high volume car. Remember the last few years of the Trans Am came standard with T-Tops. It was cheaper to add the feature, rather than manage how many of each to build. And it wasn't even a matter of saving on tooling, as the firebird and formula could still be had in a hardtop.
2009 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #119
camarolove

Drives: Yukon XL DENALI, DODGE DAKOTA
Hello fello Camaro lovers. I just wanted to give a yell and say that in Oregon, it is against the law to pump your own gas as well. I wouldn't want some disgruntled employee of where-ever I am pumping my gas to be careless with my paint either. I personally wouldn't mind having the gas cap on the passengers side with one exception. Now, if I have someone in the passengers seat, I have to be their eyes for them or they'll ding my car. That can be a pain. Then they'll think that I am overprotective of my Camaro....which I will.

camarolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:42 PM   #120
sbg

Drives: Mustang
Thumbs down

I'm glad that people are complaining about what they see. If anyone from GM is reading these boards, then it's the only chance to voice your opinion.

I don't get why many of you want to say "whoo-ray" for GM. It's like some baseball or football team you're rooting for. If GM is making bad decisions by making changes, then express them. Good for all of you who have.

What's worse is those of you who assume that GM is making changes for good reasons. NOPE. On what basis do you make such an assumption?...None....just 'cause you like GM, or something silly like that.

Someone on this thread said it right...it's about money! It would cost them too much to put that gas cap on top.

The change to the rear bumper and the backup lights....that's just poor choices by GM designers. And no, don't post giving me some made up reasons as to why they had to do that, like to meet some code, etc. We all know they can design just about anything they want.

The change to the rear bumper and the placement of the backup lights was a design change. A very poor design change at that.

I say to GM...make it like the concept! Sure, change the things you have to, but not those that you don't.
sbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:44 PM   #121
sbg

Drives: Mustang
I have never heard of a state mandating pumped gas. That's the most absurd thing I've heard...we'll almost.

Seriously, that's crazy. If I had a classic car those bozos wouldn't touch my car. What's this country coming to?
sbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:04 PM   #122
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I'm very sorry to have to tell you this, Sbg...but your DEAD WRONG.

There are reasons that GM has changed what they changed. You'll just have to wait and see why. In the meantime, let's be very clear and say that it's not bad to say "Whoo-rah" for GM and the Camaro.
Why you seem infatuated with pointing out little nitpicky things, and congratulating those who do....is beyond me. We are not in the business of criticizing GM for every move they make on the Camaro. Because there are some things most of us don't understand, as we are not ON the design and engineering team.

I'll say again, the team does not change things just...because. There are regs to meet, and practicality issues to confront. To think otherwise is naive. I'm sure we'd all love to have a Gold-plated bowtie on our cars...but it ain't gonna happen.
If GM doesn't seem to be following your instructions - then think about why not. Perhaps because you're asking for too much, perhaps you're asking for things that can't be engineered (at relatively low cost) into a production vehicle. Or better yet - maybe your wants, and suggestions for the car contradict what the majority of people are saying they want.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:33 PM   #123
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman 12 View Post
OMG!!!!!! WHAT HAVE THEY DONE!!!! That car isF-U-GLY!!! I'm out after seeing these pics, might go buy a ford just for the heck of it!

Just a little experiment to see how many people actually read the whole post. I love the way this car is shaping up, that nose looks MEAN! One thing I don't like is the fuel door being on the pass. side, but that's just personal preference. Awesome car!
HEY NOW!!! That was sneaky!! Had me going tho. Like i said earlier, i love this car, everything about it, even the amber lights, quad headlights, and passenger side fuel filler door. its an over all beautiful car!! I LOVE IT!!
Old 02-01-2008, 03:54 PM   #124
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
Yeah, I'm with you Gotham, I'll ride right next to you on that float. I didn't mean to come off sounding like an ass. If I did, my apologies. I guess like the cap being on the side to help idiots who always spill gas, I just think it sucks that a company has to lose some of the cool factor on their products (whatever product that may be) to "idiot proof" it.

Anyway, as I've stated, the gas filler thing, strictly personal preference. It won't keep me from buying the car. I think it's looking great, in and out, and I hope GM keeps on the track they're on...if they do, the future is very bright...for them and for all of us driving their products.
I hear ya Silverado, we're all good. Let's get this Camaro in the dealerships already!!

Oh and "Whoo-Rah" for the Camaro!!!!

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:06 PM   #125
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
That was sneaky!! Had me going tho.
That was the idea. lol
Old 02-01-2008, 04:08 PM   #126
munkee drummer

Drives: 2010 convertible
Being that this WILL be my first new car not to mention first sports car, I will withhold anymore complaining about the lights ect.... even though i know they wont stay. I think they (GM) have already decided what to put on the car light wise. They may not have enough of them for the mules and such. So that being said I just cant wait till the production comes online and we can see what we have ALL have been waiting for. OURnew camaro.
munkee drummer is offline   Reply With Quote