Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 09-08-2018, 07:28 AM   #15
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by redirish View Post
I agree with you, my local track stopped drag racing so I will have to make some friends at the new track!
it still makes me tear a little every Wednesday when I know I can't go down to E-Town for my normal test and tune. Or the bonus Fridays every month when I would go to Ratchet Fridays but skip the "Ratchet" part of it.

When E-Town was open it was perfect. Atco Tuesdays, E-town Wednesdays, Island/E-town on Fridays (depending on the week for E-town), and then the weekends it could be wherever. Worked out really well with my always changing work schedule.

I am guessing the new track you are going to is Atco? Went there my first time a few weeks ago and ended up making a surprisingly great pass on my new setup with a crap launch and I missed fourth gear . They have some great track prep there thats for sure!
Some weird snail with a belt on it | Tial Q Bov | CCP Jam Cam | Stainless Works 1 7/8" Headers to Custom 3" Exhaust | Alky Control Dual Nozzle| ProMeth Trunk Mount Tank | Melling Oil Pump | DSX Aux Pump | id1050x Injectors | McLeod RXT w/ Monster Billet Release Bearing | ZL1 3.73 Rear Diff | BMR Delrin/Poly Diff Bushings | DSS 1-Piece Aluminum Driveshaft | ZL1 Axles | Metco Driveshaft Loop | BMR Adjustable LCA's, TA's, Toe Rods | BMR Adjustable Sway Bar w/ Fe3 End Links | Mickey Thompson 305/35-20 Street S/S Drag Radials |
TheInfamouSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 03:11 PM   #16
redirish

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS/M6
Yeah Englishtown is close to me n was convenient. Atco will be my go to track now. It’s a better maintained n a faster track. Do u drive on your racing tires or change them at the track?
redirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:15 AM   #17
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS/1LE
Super delayed response. Right now I just drive on my racing tires but im on 20" M/T ET Street SS right now.

When I get my 17" setup finished I might have to figure something else out because I really want to go with a bias ply. Actually about to go outside now to put in my new suspension setup so when Im done with my 17s I can throw them on the car. (got some used welds for a great price but the P.O. never cleaned them so they needed a major re-finishing, but money wise it's worth it. Just a lot of elbow grease)
Some weird snail with a belt on it | Tial Q Bov | CCP Jam Cam | Stainless Works 1 7/8" Headers to Custom 3" Exhaust | Alky Control Dual Nozzle| ProMeth Trunk Mount Tank | Melling Oil Pump | DSX Aux Pump | id1050x Injectors | McLeod RXT w/ Monster Billet Release Bearing | ZL1 3.73 Rear Diff | BMR Delrin/Poly Diff Bushings | DSS 1-Piece Aluminum Driveshaft | ZL1 Axles | Metco Driveshaft Loop | BMR Adjustable LCA's, TA's, Toe Rods | BMR Adjustable Sway Bar w/ Fe3 End Links | Mickey Thompson 305/35-20 Street S/S Drag Radials |
TheInfamouSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:31 PM   #18
Pro Stock John
Writer

Drives: 2010 SS / 1967 Camaro
Drive to track on them, or swap at track, all works. Issue is how to pack them. I've fit one 28x17 Hoosier slick/wheel in the trunk, but then I had the seats out and put the other wheel in the back area and my big jack where the passenger seat goes... Might be able to put one wheel up front but I suggest bagging it so you don't rub the headliner.
12.37@112 1.85 | + Kooks Headers/Cats + 20" 555R + CAI + BW TB + UDP + Tune
12.06@113 1.70 | + CD 3200 + 18" NT05R + RCR Intake + NE OTR + GPI Tune
11.84@115 1.59 | + 3.91s + Race Star 17x7 Fronts
10.90@125 1.47 | + GPI VVT Cam + BW Ported Heads + CD 3800
Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:15 AM   #19
saluki

Drives: 2017 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
Drive to track on them, or swap at track, all works. Issue is how to pack them. I've fit one 28x17 Hoosier slick/wheel in the trunk, but then I had the seats out and put the other wheel in the back area and my big jack where the passenger seat goes... Might be able to put one wheel up front but I suggest bagging it so you don't rub the headliner.
I suggest the second in the backseat. visiblility already sucks enough no reason to block it anymore with a 305 in the passenger seat.

'13 SS @ Burkhart Chassis
saluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 01:04 PM   #20
booneSS13

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS LS3
Exclamation !!!DON'T LET WHAT HAPPENED TO ME HAPPEN TO YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redirish View Post
I just wondering how long the Hoosier’s will last they are very soft
I have about 1000 miles on mine and they are about down to the wear bars almost. Also I recently spun out on a 2 lane interstate (complete 360 degree spin) when I got caught in an unsuspecting rain storm!!! I was traveling out of town for a cruise with them slowed to about 65mph when the rain started prior to that happening. I thought I was for sure going to get hit as I spun out in traffic. It was fine until I hit the newly paved asphalt section and that's where it seemed to get slick. Tried to make it off the exit with the hazards on doing 25mph and almost lost it again!!

It was a definitely a blessing from almighty God that I landed on the shoulder unscathed! Had to have my wife pick me up and pick the car up that night when it dried.

Moral of the story. Don't get caught in the rain with these!

-Fastlane Cold Air Intake, NPP cat back exhaust, Stainless Works LT Headers, 2r max camshaft, Stage 3 Ported Heads (Manley Stainless steel values, titanium retainers, dual valve springs, bronze guides), Wiseco Forged Pistons, K1 Forged Rods, Clevite Bearings, Factory Crankshaft, Comp Cams rocker arm trunion kit, Morel 5315 lifters, JP performance single billet timing chain, Melling oil pump, Spec stage 3+ clutch and flywheel, BMR trailing arms, Nitto 555r 305/35/20.
booneSS13 is offline   Reply With Quote