Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-27-2008, 06:54 PM   #295
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Here's one of them. I still think it is inferior to the concept. Chubby cheeks
i'm certain an aftermarket front bumper could make it look just like the concepts even with the lower marks under the bumper...but the car is downright gorgeous....i want to see a convertible version of this

and for some reason in these pics the opening of the bumper doesn't look as big as in other photos where it looked like it stood out awkwardly...seems improved or my eyes are playing tricks on me
Old 08-27-2008, 08:15 PM   #296
Yardgnome
Do the truffle shuffle

Drives: its black and its a POS :)
I dont know what all the ranting and raving over the production version of the Camaro is all about , but the 2010 Camaro is downright gorgeous!!!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 08:17 PM   #297
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardgnome View Post
I dont know what all the ranting and raving over the production version of the Camaro is all about , but the 2010 Camaro is downright gorgeous!!!!!
I agree.........I think???????
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:19 PM   #298
Yardgnome
Do the truffle shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert91RS View Post
I agree.........I think???????
I hope someone agrees even if it may be just a few people
Old 08-27-2008, 09:26 PM   #299
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlecamaroboy View Post
Find the people who thought this front-end looked bad, and show them this. Just goes to show you, don't comment on what you haven't seen

It doesn't look bad to me and never did. However to me the V6 bumper is a more accurate representation of the concept and looks better in my opinion. I'm still getting the V8 and will not let something as trivial as the bumper not being perfect get me down..
Old 08-27-2008, 11:10 PM   #300
TonytheTiger

Drives: 1999 camaro rs
Get that danm bowtie off!! the "SS" badge should go their and by the way is it me or is the "SS" badge a bit smaller than the past badge sizes???
TonytheTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 11:29 PM   #301
mstrfdsstr

Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAMARO
I will take the ss in silver with black stripes already put 500.00 down to go on the list.it's gonna be a long winter for me anyway.Hope the boston system is included with ss.love every thing about this car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mstrfdsstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:23 AM   #302
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Big girls need love too. Am I right, huh, huh? Heavier than I wanted but I don't think I'll mind when I stand on the Go pedal.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:32 AM   #303
gladiatoro

Drives: 1981 Z28 Camaro
I love how low the window line is on the SS very much like the concept and smaller than the VETTE it does look awesome , I think even the windshield is more angled than the Vette's , great job GM , look at the picture were the two are side by side ...

Last edited by gladiatoro; 08-28-2008 at 10:43 AM.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:07 AM   #304
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1stCode2nd View Post
Big girls need love too. Am I right, huh, huh? Heavier than I wanted but I don't think I'll mind when I stand on the Go pedal.
Big girls do need love too... they just gotta pay

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:20 AM   #305
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Does anyone have any Cheese to go with all the Whining in here.

Good Lord folks. Like Scott has repeatedly said, "Drive the car."

You really can't judge until you actually sit in it, drive it, and get a feel for how it really performs.

I for one am extemely please with what I am seeing.

If racing is your number one priority, do what Hot Rodders have always done in the past. Strip the car of as much weight as you can. This isn't anything new.

For those of us, who want a very good performing car which can handle well and maintain comfort, I am all set to go.

Will that be Swiss? Cheddar? or Colby?
Old 08-28-2008, 11:24 AM   #306
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
Does anyone have any Cheese to go with all the Whining in here.

Good Lord folks. Like Scott has repeatedly said, "Drive the car."

You really can't judge until you actually sit in it, drive it, and get a feel for how it really performs.

I for one am extemely please with what I am seeing.

If racing is your number one priority, do what Hot Rodders have always done in the past. Strip the car of as much weight as you can. This isn't anything new.

For those of us, who want a very good performing car which can handle well and maintain comfort, I am all set to go.

Will that be Swiss? Cheddar? or Colby?
It looks slick, will handle great, and will punish the competition. How is that disappointing?

I was actually thinking Colby-Jack. Would you like some crackers with that?
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:37 AM   #307
Yardgnome
Do the truffle shuffle

Umm I like Mozzerella with some fine Gouda and Havardi cheese please
Old 08-28-2008, 12:55 PM   #308
RSHugger

Drives: 1969 RS Camaro
Amazing how this weight discussion just won't die. Take a deep breath and move on with life, it is what it is. The Mustang is living on borrowed time on the safety standards of yesteryear. What will happen when the Mustang is redesigned to meet the standards for 2010?? It will increase in weight!! Fact of life that the new Camaro will be "heavier" than the Camaros we have all come to love. BUT the new Camaro will beat the pants off all of our old cars in both the mileage and performance... and has an IRS!

You know when I first saw that red concept shot years ago... I was extremely disappointed in the whole nose of the car... how could GM do that to the Camaro. Yes, that was my initial reaction because I had some preconceived notion of what it should look like. But over the years I have come to understand that the car is not my vision but the vision of a very talented design team. I have come to appreciate the styling of the new car and excited to have a 5th Gen (come on GT 500 killer) parked next to my 69 RS.

AWESOME CAR
RSHugger is offline   Reply With Quote