Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-05-2018, 01:56 PM   #1
chargerfan2

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE 2SS Summit White
Got pulled over for the first time today.

In the Camaro anyway. Had to take a quick trip down south to San Diego this morning and the wife has one of those carpool lane transponders that you pay each time you take the lane that her work pays for. I'm on a long straight with nobody in front of me and about to go under a bridge doing 88 mph and I see a motorcycle cop up on the bridge. He comes after me and I pull over and give him the typical license/registration. He comes back to my car about 2 minutes later and says "1LE I've never seen one of these" So I tell him the difference between the 1LE and the regular SS then he tells me he drives a C6 Z06. And I'm like that's a really cool car and we talked cars for a bit. Told him I either want the new ZL1 or Z06 in the next few years. He then says "So am I going to have to write you up for going 88 or are you going to slow it down." I told him I'll slow down and he says o.k. have a good day. I was thinking 2 years of having the car is not bad for finally getting pulled over. Good thing I had a really cool cop.
chargerfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 02:08 PM   #2
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Yeah... got dinged almost 15 years ago by a Harris County Constable for doing 40 in a 30 on my ST1300. I wasn't really paying attention until I saw him going the other direction, then noticed him loop around, and noticed my speed.

I pulled over and was waiting for him... we talked about my bike for over 30 minutes. Rode off with a warning.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 02:09 PM   #3
hou30guy

Drives: 2011 convertible 2ss/rs
Awesome story, there are good cops out

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
hou30guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 02:11 PM   #4
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
As a 30yr veteran of law enforcement....I have never written a ticket or made an arrest of someone who didn't deserve it. All we ever ask of people is to be respectful and tell us the truth. Many 100mph + speeders have gone about there merry way. Many teens just cruising and having a good time...maybe smoking a little weed...have found themselves at home in their cozy little beds. All by simply being honest.
Ha! Yes, I have pulled people over just to compliment them on their nice ride.
There are always bad apples....but most cops are fair...and believe me, we don't want the paperwork anymore than you do. Glad your experience was a good one.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:44 PM   #5
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
I do like LEOs here in SoCal... for the most part, they all go over the SL anyway themselves.
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:57 PM   #6
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
With all due respect, do you have breasts? Sorry, I’m not sure I know a male that’s ever gotten off with a warning. Good banter about football or cars, yes. But I still got cuffed and or ticketed. Jus sayin...
Old 01-05-2018, 04:49 PM   #7
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
I am not as lucky as you. I got pulled over three times since 1990. No warning. I got the tickets that I deserved.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:07 PM   #8
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Different situations get different responses...... Last time I told the officer I just had my Prostate Biopsied which I did and I just wanted to get home which I did...and We both got a good laugh....and no he did not want the details; They poke your prostate through the walls of your.......with a needle taking samples of various areas. And yes feeling less than fresh I did not even want to sit down LOL as its like getting violated is a good excuse...LOL Just had to share was going like 80 on the I-5 and showed him my paperwork and laughed....I was not really paying attention well or would have noticed him sooner and adjusted speed. OLDSTER....and yes the Officer said he had never heard that one before...
Old 01-05-2018, 05:14 PM   #9
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
With all due respect, do you have breasts? Sorry, I’m not sure I know a male that’s ever gotten off with a warning. Good banter about football or cars, yes. But I still got cuffed and or ticketed. Jus sayin...
Tude, perhaps, which is pretty obvious in this post.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:33 PM   #10
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Sounds like a fake post to get us to like cops during the holidays. No cop, especially a motorcycle cop, would go through all that effort to pull you over on the freeway only to just chit chat about cars and let you go with a warning. Sorry, I'm just not buying it.

There is this little section of road by the mall close to where I live that goes from 30 mph down to a ridiculous 20 mph and then, all of a sudden, goes back up to 30 again.

I got clocked going 32 mph on this short section of road on a nice clear afternoon with very light traffic. The motorcycle cop did not let me go and I was nice as you can be. He was very nice too and then he handed me a big fat ticket. He didn't ask me about my car or have any conversation with me. Short and sweet, but he gave me a ticket. He also followed me for a short distance before he lit me up too.

I've never been let off for a warning and neither has anyone I know. However, I do love these stories of people going 20 over and being let off by these nice motorcycle cops that like Camaros. Where are these nice motorcycle cops around here? lol!
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:45 PM   #11
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I’ve gotten out of a ticket of 20+ over just by being honest. He asked me why I was speeding and I told the trooper I just couldn’t resist doing a little “spirited driving” on such a beautiful day. He ordered me to do a little less “spirited driving” and have a nice day. I ain’t got no boobs.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:01 PM   #12
chargerfan2

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE 2SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
With all due respect, do you have breasts?
Me no. My wife has a pretty big set on her although she wasn't with me. Like I said nobody was even around me on a really straight section of freeway. Him being a Corvette driver probably knew that's basically cruising speed for that car.
chargerfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:25 PM   #13
Tom And Cheryl

Drives: 2013 SS Convertible, ThumperII
I was finishing a frame off on a friends 1970 plum crazy purple with black stripes Cuda and took it for a test drive after I got the new motor running, (I didn't have the interior done yet and was sitting on a milk create), as I went around a corner a cop saw dust fly and no I did hit the throttle but he gave me ticket for show of excessive speed. This car had a 440 6 pack in it and if I wanted to show excessive speed I could have. I went to court and at the end of the day the Judge told me if I didn't do it this time I did it in the past or I'll do it in the future. Dammed if you do and Dammed if you didn't.
Tom And Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:30 PM   #14
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerfan2 View Post
Me no. My wife has a pretty big set on her although she wasn't with me. Like I said nobody was even around me on a really straight section of freeway. Him being a Corvette driver probably knew that's basically cruising speed for that car.
LMAO, although she wasn’t with me! Lmfao!
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote