Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #71
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
And I don't think you should ever support Todd Cooperider and/or esoteric detail by buying 22ple.
Explain?

And agreed, it's kind of sad we choose to skip permanent(ish) coatings just to wax and seal more

And OC does seem much easier to apply, but since none to effect dust much there isn't much benefit for me anymore. Water was the main reason to get it but living in the desert fixes that. I wish there was a legitimate anti-static dust repelling sealant.

How much IronX do you use? Do you use it and cover the car like a detail spray? I feel like the 500mL bottle wouldn't last very long then. But I do want to start the car fresh clean again, use an Eraser wipedown and just start from a clean slate.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #72
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ2SS View Post
Do you guys know of any product that "ionizes?" a car to keep dust particles from settling on it? I've heard rumors that something like this exists. Like it puts a negative (or positive - I'm not sure which) electric charge on your car and prevents dust from settling. If not I must have dreamt it haha
Permanon is probably the most notable.... and it doesn't work. But if you want to try yourself, I have a 2/3 full bottle I'd be willing to sell for 50% off

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #73
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
Explain?
Well Todd Cooperider is the guy behind 22ple.

The guy thinks it's ok to

1) lie: he said that his coating was the only one that ever caused microfiber to harden (which it isn't, just about all do that). Even when people told him that, he did not change any of that information, which of course will make people looking up 22ple ignorant and misinformed.

2) do something called a hybrid detail, which is 2 step the parts of the car seen by most and 1 step the lower parts. Oh, and charge for the whole 2 step correction.

Not the kind of person I'd like to support.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
Old 05-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #74
KJ2SS

Drives: 2011 2SS/M6
Quote:
Permanon is probably the most notable.... and it doesn't work. But if you want to try yourself, I have a 2/3 full bottle I'd be willing to sell for 50% off
Haha thats not the best sales pitch. But that would explain why I haven't really heard of anything that did this.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #75
ec1990

Sounds like someone who would charge by the hour then delay in how long it takes to finish a car. Maybe I just don't have enough experience but I can't wrap my head around some of these 30-40 hour+ details. I can understand 20 if it's a full 2-step paint correction with interior.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #76
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Haha thats not the best sales pitch. But that would explain why I haven't really heard of anything that did this.
I'd rather be honest and not make a sale, then be dishonest to make the sale

Still, not much will be truly dust repellant. One thing you can do to reduce static friction is to wipe down with any waterless wash. Doing so relieves built up static charge according to Mike Phillips.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #77
ec1990

Quote:
I honestly don't think there's any real anti-dust products, water repellency yeah, which is just hydrophobic coatings that allow the water slide it off easier if it's a clean surface, rather than actual push water off (wouldn't that be sweet). Maybe in the future there will be anti-dust products.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #78
KJ2SS

Drives: 2011 2SS/M6
Quote:
I'd rather be honest and not make a sale, then be dishonest to make the sale

Still, not much will be truly dust repellant. One thing you can do to reduce static friction is to wipe down with any waterless wash. Doing so relieves built up static charge according to Mike Phillips.
And I very much appreciate that. It might be different if I was a mustang owner I'm sure...

Yeah, I wipe down with a cali duster and waterless wash a few times a week in between full washes and It's been working out great. It's just so annoying coming out to a dusty car every time. Someone needs to invent an anti dust force-field
Old 05-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #79
barelfly

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Just a note of thanks to all you guys. I started a complete detail on my 2003 Torreador Red F150 tonight as my trial run before the camaro. Washed and clayed so far, will continue with the process throughout the week. But the detailers here are a wealth of knowledge and I thank you for the info you all so willingly provide!

I'll post photos when Im done.
barelfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:31 AM   #80
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
I have a quick question! I'm getting my windshield replaced because I got about 3 rock chips that have turned into really big cracks. Is there any product that I could possibly put on to minimize the chance of rock chips? Any coating that might add protection or make the window slightly stronger? Anything I can do to help would be great.

Also, I think I'm going to take the plunge and do a ZL1 bumper swap. I'm highly considering doing a clear bra to protect it the best. Do you guys recommend it? And since it's getting painted, how long do I have to wait before I can clear bra it?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:49 AM   #81
ec1990

Windshield protection I really don't know for that, there's not much you can add that will be stronger than glass.

I love my Xpel bra, I believe you may want to wait 30 days if it has to be corrected in any way, but I'm not positive. What I would do though, is take it to get the bra before you get the bumper on the car, it would insure no edges are shown plus probably a much easier fit for the installer. If you want a recommendation in San Antonio let me know.

Last edited by ec1990; 05-20-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:08 AM   #82
trm2

Drives: Model S, Vette, Volt & Equinox
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
It's really a societal problem at the core. We enjoyed so many years of prosperity that we decided our shit doesn't stink.
Quote:
We tell our kids they can do anything they want, we give trophies for participation, we use 'AP' courses to inflate GPAs, we curve grades so C students are now A students.... We celebrate mediocrity at every turn. As a result, everyone thinks they're too good for most jobs. Everyone wants to be CEO. In Asia, India, they celebrate the exceptional students and are realistic with the rest. As a result, they are staring us down in the rear view in education and are consistently the best students in our universities.
I'm all for encouraging children, but we have to stop telling everyone they can be an astronaut or whatever. It just holds back the gifted students because instructors always have to teach to the lowest student in the class. As such, you have the people who want to learn being bored to death and everyone graduates with a watered down education. I'm so disenchanted by the whole college experience. Maybe if I could have afforded a private school things would be different. But I just couldn't believe the people who were in the class and the questions they would ask. They should be raking leaves somewhere. Sorry if it's harsh, but I feel I just pissed away $30k for nothing.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Beautifully said! (but you didn't miss anything - private schools are no different. I can't believe the "intelligence" of some of my former classmates)

Quote:
Anyway, this is getting too serious. Somebody tell a fart joke or something.

Doctor: "What seems to be the problem?"
Patient: "Doc, I've got the farts. I mean I fart all the time"
The doctor nods, "hmmm"
Patient: "My farts do not stink, and you can't hear them. It's just that I fart all the time. Look, weve been talking here for about 10 minutes and I've farted five times. You didn't hear them and you dont smell them, do you?"
"Hmmmm," says the doctor.
He picks up his pad and writes out a prescription.
The patient is thrilled "Great doc. This prescription, will it really clear up my farts?"
"No," sighs the doctor. "The prescription is to clear your sinuses. Next week, I want you back here for a hearing test."
trm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #83
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Haha that's a good one

Old 05-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #84
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Lol good joke