Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-04-2014, 09:06 AM   #1
Cbaublitz

Drives: inferno orange lfx 2013
Is it worth adding to v6 lfx

i have a 2013 LFX camaro, 6 sp manual. i was thinking about adding some aftermarket things to it. already have hurst shifter and elite catch can. thinking bout adding Exhaust, intake, throttle body, tune etc... wondering if worth it or should i just save my money and buy a V8 then. i bought this car because i wanted a 5th gen bad but did not have enough money to buy v8. i like being different. everyone has a v8. a quick v6 would be fun. its my daily unless its snowing and i cant move it, then i have a chevy truck. my whole point is, can a fun to drive and a quick v6 be possible for decent money.
thanks for opinions and help
Old 02-04-2014, 10:24 AM   #2
TheTiredPanda

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
I think the throttle body at 150 is worth it; if you know you want to save up and upgrade then I wouldn't spend the extra money on the exhaust or tune but would still try to do the intake by trying to hit the classifieds and buying a used one off a forum member.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:59 AM   #3
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Figure out how much you are willing to spend and the folks here I'm sure will chime in on what is worth doing at what price. You can have fun with the V6 for sure, I do!!! Speed costs how fast can you afford to go? Without going FI/Nitrous than gears, high flo cats, ported throttle body, intake and tune - (for the gears) would be some of the first things to do. <---- Just my opinion, I'm sure there will be many more to follow
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:06 AM   #4
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
absolutely love mine!
Old 02-04-2014, 11:11 AM   #5
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Intake, throttle body, high flow cats, tune, gears, supercharger, cams, etc... The V6 can easily be fast.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:13 AM   #6
Pro Bro

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, Garnet Red
Name:  20140118_172008.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  169.2 KB

I'd recommend this if money is an issue. K&N makes best bang for your buck if you cant get a CAI or Injen. I still have to install of a throttle mod and do a washer relocate/scoop for my intake (another time).

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008BQ1AG8/..._26725410_item

I like it, and could see no real difference in this in my Camaro from my buddies comparable-sized , more expensive Injen (by a 100 bucks) for his Mustang v6.
Pro Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:36 AM   #7
Lacpac

Drives: 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat RS
It all boils down to where you want to park your contentment. We all have to tell ourselves "no" at a certian point. There will always be some car faster than you. Sometimes I wish I had a VB, but I love the V6.
Vmax Throttle body and intake was well worth it. It's not just the extra cost of a v8, it's high octane gas, higher insurance, less mpg. If an extra seond to the next stop light is worth the cost, then you know what to do. I picked up my Volant CAI for about $230. You don't have top spend a ton.
Lacpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:15 PM   #8
Cbaublitz

all have good points, did not think bout insurance and mpg and higher octane gas.
money is not an issue, just was wondering if worth putting into a v6. i want a quick car that handles. not looking to make a straight line car. the difference in pric between v6 and v8 just for the car is roughly 8 grand. (work for car dealer, so employee pricing). i sure for that i can make a fun v6 car. i guess i am just used to everyone being like you have a v6 muscle car. why? v6s are not like they used to be i guess.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #9
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
A few simple boltons and some suspension really go a long way as far as making the car funner to drive and more enjoyable. The V6 may not be the fastest thing out there, but it's still pretty peppy and can hold its own with a lot of other cars on the road.

But in the end, only you can make that decision. Let me know if you have any questions regarding different mods and I will be happy to help out.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:27 PM   #10
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbaublitz View Post
all have good points, did not think bout insurance and mpg and higher octane gas.
money is not an issue, just was wondering if worth putting into a v6. i want a quick car that handles. not looking to make a straight line car. the difference in pric between v6 and v8 just for the car is roughly 8 grand. (work for car dealer, so employee pricing). i sure for that i can make a fun v6 car. i guess i am just used to everyone being like you have a v6 muscle car. why? v6s are not like they used to be i guess.
Adding an exhaust will totally change the sound. Love the way my sounds.

But yes in short V6's do make great cars, I've had one since day one. Sure all the work I put into it I could have just traded for a v8 but I love my car and with everything I do I think that shows.

There's lots of v6's that are awesome on here. A few have a s/c and one LFX with the IPS turbo and he's making some awesome power.

Just check out some build threads and the ideas will flow!

Good luck modding!

P.s. Tyler (the guy above) great to work with and answers all your questions, and they have basically everything you can think of
Old 02-04-2014, 01:38 PM   #11
Cbaublitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post
Adding an exhaust will totally change the sound. Love the way my sounds.

But yes in short V6's do make great cars, I've had one since day one. Sure all the work I put into it I could have just traded for a v8 but I love my car and with everything I do I think that shows.

There's lots of v6's that are awesome on here. A few have a s/c and one LFX with the IPS turbo and he's making some awesome power.

Just check out some build threads and the ideas will flow!

Good luck modding!

P.s. Tyler (the guy above) great to work with and answers all your questions, and they have basically everything you can think of

thanks, i will probably talk to Tyler then.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:41 PM   #12
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
Where in PA are you? When it warms up go to some Camaro5 meets and see what others have done to their cars.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:00 PM   #13
Cbaublitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcfuzz View Post
Where in PA are you? When it warms up go to some Camaro5 meets and see what others have done to their cars.
I am in southern PA. York area. I want to go to Gml nationals this year.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:43 PM   #14
2014v6

Drives: 2014 black 2 LT
for 50 bucks i installed a 2011 ss exhaust.. it was a manual tranny car.. i found it on craigslist about 10 mins from my house... the difference in sound was night and day... but you can mod your car if you are smart about it for cheap.. i plan on modding this exhaust but in case i trade it in i have the orginal and this will fit in a 2014 and 2015 gen 5 v8 car..
TPW 7-22-13(6-14-13)
3300 status 6-28-13
3400 status 7-18-13
3800 status 7-20-13
4200 status On its way home
6000 status 7-31-13 first camaro ever...
Sold 7-5-14.. thank you oshawa assembly
2014v6 is offline   Reply With Quote