Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 05-21-2015, 05:32 PM   #7967
BreakingBad
MAGA

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevans View Post
What year camaro? I had a 2010 I'm like 40 minutes from Pittsburgh though.
2012, where you at?
“Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference. Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens’ lives. Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons.” - Ron Paul
BreakingBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 05:34 PM   #7968
Jevans

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad View Post
2012, where you at?
Latrobe
Jevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:02 PM   #7969
BreakingBad
MAGA

Quote:
Latrobe
oh okay, i had family out there.. are you saying you do this type of work/have the tools/equipment or whatever?
“Freedom is not defined by safety. Freedom is defined by the ability of citizens to live without government interference. Government cannot create a world without risks, nor would we really wish to live in such a fictional place. Only a totalitarian society would even claim absolute safety as a worthy ideal, because it would require total state control over its citizens’ lives. Liberty has meaning only if we still believe in it when terrible things happen and a false government security blanket beckons.” - Ron Paul
Old 05-21-2015, 06:04 PM   #7970
Jevans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad View Post
oh okay, i had family out there.. are you saying you do this type of work/have the tools/equipment or whatever?
Your just doing pads and rotors right?
Old 05-21-2015, 06:24 PM   #7971
BreakingBad
MAGA

Quote:
Your just doing pads and rotors right?
I actually just posted over in the maintenance section about my problem, I'm not even sure if I have to replace them, but I'm having a noise/chirp/scrape sound from my driver's side rear wheel and have no idea what to do about it since 2 dealerships have been very unhelpful...from what I understand @ 24k miles I probably shouldn't have to replace either, but the noise is becoming VERY annoying
Old 05-21-2015, 06:30 PM   #7972
Jevans

Yeah, something like that anyone would have to check it out in person. I never had any problems like that before. Could be something stuck between your rotor and dust shield. Can't remember if the camaro had dust shields. Nonetheless, if your down this way let me know. I have a garage and a ton of tools at my place. Turbo'd my camaro here, sure we could do a brake job or diagnose the problem at least.

Last edited by Jevans; 05-22-2015 at 12:56 AM.
Old 05-24-2015, 12:03 AM   #7973
tjs279

Drives: Camaro RS/SS
Anyone with a silver LS ??
tjs279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:13 PM   #7974
BreakingBad
MAGA

Well guys, it was nice while it lasted!

Got rid of the Camaro for a new 2015 Dodge Charger SXT/AWD

I must say, I am liking the Charger a lot more than the Camaro! Rides much better, AWD (i can drive in snow!) and I like the body design overall more than the 2016 camaro.

Old 06-07-2015, 01:20 AM   #7975
tjs279

Either way you slice it the Charger is still a family sedan! Why they ever made a 4 door Charger I'll never know.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:33 PM   #7976
BreakingBad
MAGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs279 View Post
Either way you slice it the Charger is still a family sedan! Why they ever made a 4 door Charger I'll never know.
My intention with a camaro wasn't to race. I liked it solely for the features (back up camera, HUD, HALO headlights, sleek appearance, etc.) and not the speed - although that was nice. It was either the 2LT/RS or a bare bones SS.

Don't get me wrong, she was my baby for 3 years. Unfortunately after 4 accidents and poor repair jobs which caused MAJOR headaches to resolve and some never got resolved, to premature failure on one RS headlight, to braking issues, to dealerships screwing me over - it was time to sell or trade. In total, I was faced with $3-4k in repairs to get the car 'right', as I was out of my factory bumper to bumper. It was drop 4 grand in a 3 year old car that could use a new paint job (which in itself would obviously be another 3-5 grand) or just trade for a new one fresh off the lot.

My cars are daily drivers, and honestly I didn't think ahead with the Camaro. I liked the look, and bought on a whim. The Charger is AWD, MUCH roomier, and has much more trunk space WITH a spare, that my camaro did not have.

Still a cool community here, but my goals with my cars are always cosmetic and audio-based, not performance or speed based. Already talked to the shop about tinting and getting some aftermarket speakers installed. Going to get 2 sets of RE XXX components installed hopefully by the end of summer!

Lastly - it's a godsend to have trunk space and back seats people can fit into. Do you know how many people I pissed off by forcing them in the back seats? There is no feasible way to fit 4 grown men in a Camaro, comfortably. Different story with the charger!
Old 06-10-2015, 02:22 AM   #7977
tjs279

Well it's all in what you want. My car is a daily driver also. I don't have adults in my back seat often enough for me to get a family 4 door sedan but it seems to work better for you
Old 06-10-2015, 05:12 AM   #7978
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Has anyone around Pittsburgh done a muffler delete on a V8?
I would sure love to hear it in person before I decide to do it.
I am stock exhaust with only a CAI so far and trying to figure out which way I want to go.
Thanks!
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:26 AM   #7979
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow1616 View Post
Has anyone around Pittsburgh done a muffler delete on a V8?
I would sure love to hear it in person before I decide to do it.
I am stock exhaust with only a CAI so far and trying to figure out which way I want to go.
Thanks!
I honestly wouldn't do it. Get a catback to get the sound you're looking for.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:42 PM   #7980
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
That's just it, I don't know what I'm looking for. I can't really tell much from you tube videos. I would like to hear some of these in person. I want a good sound, a little louder but not earth (and ear) shattering.
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote