Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2017, 01:54 AM   #1
CesarICR
 
CesarICR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 White Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Houston Tx
Posts: 16
Exclamation Water in my car from Hurricane (Houston Tx)

So I have a 2011 Camaro SS and during the hurricane some water was able to get in my car but it only got on the driver side on the carpet because my car was parked sideways on a hill so, this happened days before I was supposed to trade it in for a ZL1.

Is there any car wash that can do a full detail and take the smell and clean the carpets out. I just want to get it all clean up before I trade it in, and no water got into the more just a little on the driver side!


Houston area please and thank you
CesarICR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:44 AM   #2
CamaroFred


 
CamaroFred's Avatar
 
Drives: Miss Con Ception
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by CesarICR View Post
So I have a 2011 Camaro SS and during the hurricane some water was able to get in my car but it only got on the driver side on the carpet because my car was parked sideways on a hill so, this happened days before I was supposed to trade it in for a ZL1.

Is there any car wash that can do a full detail and take the smell and clean the carpets out. I just want to get it all clean up before I trade it in, and no water got into the more just a little on the driver side!


Houston area please and thank you
Isn't it now labeled a flood vehicle?

The dealer will see the damage

Sorry for your loss but at least it wasn't your house.
__________________
2011 1SS/RS LS3 CGM
CamaroFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:33 AM   #3
zman1969
 
zman1969's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 R/S Z28 302 m20 Endura
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: DFW
Posts: 385
It gets labeled flood when insurance gets involved, sounds minor, I'd pull rocker trim and pull up that carpet as much as you can, dry it out put it back down and vacuum up. then look at car if anything is noticeable? if good enjoy or trade as needed. its when you get deep water penetration - like up to fuse block say and if fresh water should have zero issues its salt water that corrodes.
thoughts with all Houstonians trying to get back to normal down there
__________________
1969 RS Z/28 302
1969 Firebird LS6-6 speed TA clone
2015 Zl1
zman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:33 PM   #4
Infern0
Bring It
 
Infern0's Avatar
 
Drives: In Between
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,927
I obviously don't know how bad the smell is, but it doesn't sound like it would be too bad yet. Take it in for a wash, the sooner the better before it sets. I think a good shampoo quickly would be the best bet. Obviously better than trying your luck on trade with the smell still there. If there's nothing mechanically wrong with it, no reason to get insurance involved.
__________________

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:37 PM   #5
CWI
Helping Build America
 
CWI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Freeport LPG Export
Posts: 3,836
My 2010 got a little water in the floorpan area as well. Got about a gallon out with shop vac but not good enough. Trying to figure out how to get the console out if anyone can point me to a thread for that. Only way to do mine right is to remove the carpet and clean it right and let the floor pan dry out and clean it up. New carpet is cheap so might just go that route.

Edit: Found Youtube, no problem.
__________________
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shit, what a ride!"

Last edited by CWI; 09-02-2017 at 04:06 PM.
CWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 10:43 PM   #6
myold88


 
myold88's Avatar
 
Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ct.
Posts: 7,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman1969 View Post
It gets labeled flood when insurance gets involved, sounds minor, I'd pull rocker trim and pull up that carpet as much as you can, dry it out put it back down and vacuum up. then look at car if anything is noticeable? if good enjoy or trade as needed. its when you get deep water penetration - like up to fuse block say and if fresh water should have zero issues its salt water that corrodes.
thoughts with all Houstonians trying to get back to normal down there
If the insurance company pays the claim as a "repairable vehicle" it is
NOT considered a flood vehicle or labeled as such.. Only if it's totaled,
does it get a salvage title listing it as a total loss.
__________________
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:06 PM   #7
nonstopper3
 
nonstopper3's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 camaro ss
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Houston
Posts: 29
Doing this to my as well in houston cant figure out how to remove the carpet from under the dash


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nonstopper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:02 AM   #8
zman1969
 
zman1969's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 R/S Z28 302 m20 Endura
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: DFW
Posts: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonstopper3 View Post
Doing this to my as well in houston cant figure out how to remove the carpet from under the dash


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
when console is out, unbolt the 2 dash braces from trans tunnell and with pry bar bend them to the side but about 1/2" carpet can be moved backwards till its clear of the dash braces, they will bend back when carpet is re-installed
hardest part is getting carpet back in its pretty snug around the console
__________________
1969 RS Z/28 302
1969 Firebird LS6-6 speed TA clone
2015 Zl1
zman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
houston, texas

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.