Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-11-2015, 10:04 PM   #1
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
New Car Purchase/Carfax Question, need help

I recently bought a 2014 Silverado. I thought it was new. They told me it was a demo and had 5500 miles on it. I was fine with that.

But things are seeming fishy. They can't get me a title application and have been being too nice to me, like offering me a free detail and a tank of gas for having to wait on the title application.

So I carfaxed it, it says it's a 1 owner vehicle. That it was registered in June 2014. I'm in Alabama and the Carfax says the truck was titled in Alabama.

So here's my question, I'm pretty sure that means the truck was titled to a private individual, is that correct? Aka, this was a used truck that may have been passed off as a new vehicle. Or are vehicles titled to dealerships and that would explain why it says it was titled in June 2014?

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:09 PM   #2
SSmokinSS
Get Some

Drives: 2014 ZL1 6Speed
registered means sold. sounds like it was bought back for some reason. Financing fell through? my guess is that you bought a used truck. Demos don't usually have that many miles on them. Could be a lot of things. I wouldn't worry about it if you got a screaming deal and they can get the title figured out.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:23 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
well....your salesman may have said DEMO.....when in reality it was a dealerships program car. which it would have been registered.....and was probably someone (manager level or above) at the dealerships DD. I have purchased cars like that before and are usually well taken care of. HOWEVER, the fact that they are telling you that they are having a hard time with a title application.....hmmmmmm
Old 01-14-2015, 05:09 AM   #4
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Thanks for the comments. So far they've said they agree to swap the truck for one of equal or more equipment. I'll believe it when a deal is done. Now they are trying to see if the finance company will allow them to just swap VIN numbers and keep the same loan. But I personally have some issue with that. Mostly that I paid for extended warranty since the truck was so high mileage and with an actual new vehicle I would never have opted for that. So there's that. And also, had they told me it was used I may have still purchased it, but not for that price.

But my lawyer said I'm doing the right thing letting them try and work it out. Then if a deal can't be struck to send them a certified letter of my complaint and call my lawyer back. But hopefully it doesn't come to that.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:36 AM   #5
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Inspect that truck for damage or repairs. You may want to swap it out if you find significant work has been done. I have been in that situation and accepted a swap.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:02 AM   #6
MATTESONDM

Drives: 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10
swap it. Once a dealer is caught in that type of lie they usually work with you. Esp if the finance team has already done their work. Similar thing happened to my brother. He bought a 2013 dodge ram, went to drive it off the lot and the manager waved him down because the truck had failed NY state inspection due to emissions. So...my brother, got a better truck for the same $. Took a lot of back and forth but it worked out.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:22 PM   #7
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Guessing it was a dealer demo. (The owner, or a manager drove it) They started the warranty on it for some reason, so they had to record it as sold.

But just a guess.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:33 PM   #8
CamaroIOM12
Jim

Drives: 2013 2SS Camaro Convertible
I don't understand something you said. You said "Mostly that I paid for extended warranty since the truck was so high mileage and with an actual new vehicle I would never have opted for that." In your OP you stated the truck only had 5500 miles it would have the remainder of the factory warranty. Why buy an extended???