Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #1
Halltech

Drives: 2010 Halltech Camaro SS, 2008 C6Z06
First look at the production Halltech Yellow Jacket in plastic

One more mold change to get the same texture as the faux intake manifold in the background. Will be finished tomorrow. That way our setup will look OEM. (Well almost) We now have 5 independent dynos done on our intake, all over the USA, including two now done with Magnusun SC setups.

14 to 34 HP depending on the engine mods. 14 RWHP is bolted on to stock, 34 gain is where there are headers and cam. The 34 is the INCREASE with our Yellow Jacket over the stock GM Camaro induction system, not the increase from the headers and cam. Nickey Chicago has 6 Carbon Fiber Yellow Jackets on order for their show in Rosemont IL.

Stock bolt on, no tuning:

Here is what they said about our intake:

Quote:
"This is a very high quality product which actually works as it was designed to. No BS, just the real deal and I have to mention the great tech support which comes along as with the purchase.
We had a 22 peak hp increase over the stock air box on a Super Charger with headers (base Magnuson set up) and a conservative drive your car every day tune. We were expecting 15-16 rwhp and got 22." Stefano of Nickey Chicago

You can catch a peek at our Yellow Jacket at this show:

http://www.MCACN.COM

This from Rick in Appleton WI:

Quote:
I picked up my Camaro today from Dan & Bruce from MPI (Motion Products Inc.)They are Located in Neenah WI which is about 5 miles from Appleton WI. Mine is the Camaro that you show the Dyno results on & like the numbers show your Halltech's Yellow Jacket CF102 Did the trick, picking up 13.4 RWHP & 22.3 lb ft say it all over The Hennessey CAI.
It is a bolt on Package that looks like everything fell together perfect for Fit & Horse Power ! Your Halltech Yellow Jacket CF102 in the Carbon Fiber The American Racing Headers & Cats the the awesome looking MBRP
304 Polished stainless Exhaust with the Square tips all Look Great, & better yet brought the Camaro up a couple notches, not to mention Your Carbon Fiber Yellow Jacket Looks better Than the pictures Top Quality, You Must be Proud of what you came out with! To bad it almost time to park for the winter. Thanks alot!" Rick
His dyno before and after:

Last edited by Halltech; 11-17-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Halltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:20 PM   #2
Halltech

Here is another Camaro with a Maggie Report

Quote:
I will let you know what I have to do to make it work. I will get a copy of the dyno sheet. Basically, my car has Supercharger w/smaller pulley at 10psi, Comp Cam, FAST injectors, Kenne Bell Boost a Pump, ARH Long tube headers no cats, Borla S Type mufflers, all new valve springs, seats, seals, rods etc. upgraded oil pump and of course the Halltech Yellow Jacket CAI. All of this done with a tune and putting down 627hp at the wheels.
Thanks
Jason
This was done with our Carbon Fiber Yellow Jacket, and Halltech Hornet 102mm MAF setup. We have sold 9 of these setups, and all have shown BIG gains over stock.

Nickey picked up 22 HP just swapping out the stock OEM intake restrictor box with our Yellow Jacket.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:29 PM   #3
Halltech

How about Naturally Aspirated???

Here is the result of our Yellow Jacket when added to Mark's Camaro:

Quote:
The intake looks and runs great. Put it on the dyno and picked up over 34 hp, from stock air box with cam and headers; 455.42 hp to the rear wheels.

A copy of the dyno graph is attached with under the hood picture. We let off at 6,500 RPM, before it hit the rev limiter, on the first pull.

Thanks,
Mark
Prior to his heat shield install.

Quote:
"Ran a 12.15 and 12.12 last night. Posting in Quarter Mile Times, Internal mods no power adder. Almost there."

"Along with cam we upgraded to dual springs and tool steel retainers, better pushrods, and upgraded trunion bearings in stock rocker arms. Also installed 160 degree thermostat.

I am adding ported throttle body and intake this week. I will let you know how that goes.

Best 60 foot 1.667 but usually 1.8 or 1.9. BMR fabrication lower control arms ($139.00) took 2 tenths off 60 foot. I have an M6. They did the same for my friends A6. The L99 automatic will not make the horsepower of the LS3. But they launch better, more torque and stock the M6 catches them after half track or later. I have BMR upper toe rods and a line lock ordered. Lingerfelter MSD 2 step rev. control coming this week.

Best ET is 12.42 and 118 mph prior to intake with a 1.9 60ft. I'll send you a copy of the time slip when I break into the 11.'s. I could go faster with ZO6 vette rims but this is my street car and I run the Nitto drag radials on the street. You can go to my garage/photo album for mods and pics. I put 20" OZ rims on yesterday. They are lighter by 12 and 14 lbs each. Should be good for 2 tenths. Picture of car attached.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:29 AM   #4
Halltech

Halltech Yellow Jacket Features

Word back from Jerry's Chevrolet in South Dakota today. The Halltech Yellow Jacket fits the Magnuson SC perfectly. The only change is the PCV location and line length.

Dyno testing by Nickey Chicago showed a 22 RWHP gain with our Yellow Jacket vs. stock on the Maggie setup.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #5
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quick bit of feedback....

It looks like you're using the same material/design that LMR did for their heat shield. The LMR unit marred the paint on my strut tower brace and it looks like you're experiencing the same issue as evidence by the photos above. Might want to consider altering the design to include some stripping along the strut tower edge as well.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
Halltech

Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
Quick bit of feedback....

It looks like you're using the same material/design that LMR did for their heat shield. The LMR unit marred the paint on my strut tower brace and it looks like you're experiencing the same issue as evidence by the photos above. Might want to consider altering the design to include some stripping along the strut tower edge as well.
Thanks, that has already been done.