Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #15
ssinferno2010
Albert

Drives: 2010 Inferno SS
By Torq aka Dork own admission, if the have prior knowledge that the factory engine is not designed to take all that boost, WHY SELL YOU THAT CRAP AND TAKE YOUR MONEY??
I smell a good lawsuit.......call me. I have great lawyers.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #16
Ewing

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
Someone earlier here posted about Pontiac guys warning about this place. That was me and another guy named Vinny...I went through a lot of the same stuff. I took my G8 there for a DOD delete, cam install, springs and tune and ended up without my car for about 10 months, $13K poorer and with two blown engines. I wouldn't get my oil changed at this shop...If anyone wants to know anything about Torq and Paul just read the thread below. There are a few gems from Paul directly there and should tell you all you need to know about him and his shop. This guy even sues his former techs and keeps them from making a living at another shop ANYWHERE in the area...Like they're Apple there and have trade secrets to protect...Like blowing customer's engines.

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showth...t=43511&page=2
404ci Forged & Stroked|Livernois Stage 1 Cam|Roto-Fab|Kooks LT's & X-Pipe|Ported TB & Intake|Pedderized with BMR sprinkles|JHP Nav Kit|Much ICE|Ceramic Tints|3rd Shift & Holden Emblems|Gloss Black Camaro Brembos|Bluetooth and XM retrofit|5000K HID's|Roof Spoiler|TCS 3200RPM Stall|Earl's tranny,oil & ps coolers|12.3@109MPH|440HP|410TQ|
Old 09-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #17
thebeast916

Drives: Blown G8 GT
Of course the engine is blown. It's the customers fault. Only the 3 rd one I know of
Old 09-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #18
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
Our very reasonable offer(s) to work with the customer were declined. Anyone who ever had any issues with us always had the opportunity to discuss it with us in attempt to find a resolution rather than waiting for an opportunity to attempt to slander us online.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #19
rozay

Drives: camaro 2LS LFX A6
sue these guys ASAP
Old 09-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #20
thebeast916

Bullshit on factory components. I'm making way more power then your 'custom' kit on stock parts on more boost with way more miles installed by me who has no experience doing this and still going strong.

Too many people Are losing there hard earned money to this half ass shop with a tuner who apparently doesn't know ls engines and has other shops do work who don't even know what what a 6l80 trans is or how to build an engine properly at a machine shop.

You can apologize all you want and make people sign disclosures so they can't talk shit aBout you because you have lawyers in the family.

This right here is the reason car enthusiasts should real the forums closely before leaving your investment with some shop. If you can do the work yourself
Old 09-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #21
Ewing

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
Read pages 3 and 4 of that G8Board thread guys...Hear it all from the horse's mouth. It ain't slander if it's true.
404ci Forged & Stroked|Livernois Stage 1 Cam|Roto-Fab|Kooks LT's & X-Pipe|Ported TB & Intake|Pedderized with BMR sprinkles|JHP Nav Kit|Much ICE|Ceramic Tints|3rd Shift & Holden Emblems|Gloss Black Camaro Brembos|Bluetooth and XM retrofit|5000K HID's|Roof Spoiler|TCS 3200RPM Stall|Earl's tranny,oil & ps coolers|12.3@109MPH|440HP|410TQ|
Old 09-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #22
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
It's not slander if its true......
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #23
thebeast916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister@Torq View Post
Our very reasonable offer(s) to work with the customer were declined. Anyone who ever had any issues with us always had the opportunity to discuss it with us in attempt to find a resolution rather than waiting for an opportunity to attempt to slander us online.
Or have to sue you in court, or fix a Belt that broke on the blower at 2am in the morning while you are 'tuning'? No other shops go through this, wonder what the problem is
Old 09-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #24
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
And technically slick, it's not slander at all.... it's libel. Not aimed at u Ewing.... but at the douche who thinks he's a real mechanic/tuner.....lol
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #25
jonpro2000
Lethal Smoke

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister@Torq View Post
Your "reasonable" offer to me was that you would charge me $6000 to rebuild my engine. $6k to fix something Torq broke is not an acceptable solution to offer a loyal customer who just spent $15k with your shop.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #26
thebeast916

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonpro2000 View Post
Your "reasonable" offer to me was that you would charge me $6000 to rebuild my engine. $6k to fix something Torq broke is not an acceptable solution to offer a loyal customer who just spent $15k with your shop.
Nicely said. No matter what, we are wrong and torq is right. People keep going and people keep ending up with shit
Old 09-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #27
superchris
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO'S 3CC5

Drives: 2010 Red 2SS/RS M6
Quote:

I'm a service manager at a dealership and the Manufacturer would just say to fix it, no charge! Eat it... not worth going through all the hastle.
Keep your customers happy, Jon's voice will be heard everywhere if he's not helped the right way. We will stand by him. He's a good kid and he doesnt deserve this.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #28
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
Quote:
We casually discussed retail prices of 1-2 options and the various ways we could assist with the build based on the fact you are a good customer and always strive to earn your business and keep you happy. Further investigation had to be done at the point the car was at and you declined our FREE offer.

We have an open door policy and made it clear we were open to discussions and moving forward with you and never heard anything back and the discussions never went any further fro the casual chat we had in the back of the shop.

Please feel free to call me with any other questions or concerns.

Closed Thread