Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #29
Z69

Drives: ZL1 ,TT 03 cobra,69 camaro
Torq should refund John the $$$ spent on the crappy turbo system and buy him the short block....Paul we all know of all the cars you have blown up with your tuning.....I bet he is also going to need a transmission,Paul is great on fing them up as well even full race ones
Old 09-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #30
jonpro2000
Lethal Smoke

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister@Torq View Post
We casually discussed retail prices of 1-2 options and the various ways we could assist with the build based on the fact you are a good customer and always strive to earn your business and keep you happy. Further investigation had to be done at the point the car was at and you declined our FREE offer.

We have an open door policy and made it clear we were open to discussions and moving forward with you and never heard anything back and the discussions never went any further fro the casual chat we had in the back of the shop.

Please feel free to call me with any other questions or concerns.
You never made it clear to me about it being free, and if I would have accepted that offer i would have been obligated to do the rebuild with your shop since it was taken apart there. All I'm saying is that it's probably going to be better off if I do the rebuild with another shop. Another shop can then tear the engine apart and diagnose what caused it.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #31
Z69

Drives: ZL1 ,TT 03 cobra,69 camaro
Also have them look at what Paul set the rev limiter at I am sure Paul set it way over what the stock engine was capable of spinning resulting in Catastrophic failure
Old 09-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #32
jonpro2000
Lethal Smoke

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z69 View Post
Also have them look at what Paul set the rev limiter at I am sure Paul set it way over what the stock engine was capable of spinning resulting in Catastrophic failure
Yeah I'll be sure to get the other shop to look over everything in detail
Old 09-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #33
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
If they did negligently set it too high, you have created liability on torq. You will Sue and win. Good luck.
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #34
MANNYS2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS,LS3
Have you guys noticed they started a thread on this crappy $15,400 dollar turbo set-up and never posted anything else on it. No dyno printout or videos, this thing never ran good, if not they would have been raving about it. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301926

LS-3, ProCharger D1SC
665. rwhp /562. rwtq @ 9.3 psi

Last edited by MANNYS2SS/RS; 09-17-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #35
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
^^^ This.... astute observation my friend.
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #36
Kiernans88
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO TAMPA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS IBM M6
Yikes... Sorry to hear about this man. I would do everything in my power to bury this shop. Have your car analyzed before anyone does anything to it. I have a few buddies from engineering school that do Failure Mode Analysis as a profession. Let me know if you need some help!!

FSP Custom Grind Comp Cam - K&N CAI - 1 3/4" BBK Full Length Headers - BBK High Flow Cats - Kooks 3" Street Screamer Catback - VMax TB - Barton Short Throw - BMR Suspension/Bushings - Eibach Pro-Kit Springs -Tuned by Florida Speed and Power (FSP)
Old 09-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #37
Erik@lashway

Drives: Camaros, Vettes, Trucks
Yikes. I hope this all pans out for both parties. Things like this are never pleasant.

GL

Erik@Lashway
Old 09-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #38
Justins00ss

Drives: 2000 viper blue flamed camaro ss
I have never delt with Torq but in the high performance world this shit happens. Now if Torq had actually built the motor and then it blew up then I would say its on them. But the fact is you put a power adder on a STOCK INTERNAL ENGINE. Just because a hundred people do it doesnt mean its still OK. I have run my stock internal ls1 on a 150 shot for a long time before it spun a rod bearing. I bought a low mileage stock short block that was supposed to be in working order. I put it in the car and guess what. It blew up after 10 miles. I was out 800$. Chance I took with it.

I can understand that you feel like they should of warned you that you could exceed your power limits. Maybe they did and you didnt really think about how much you could be pushing the limits of your motor. Its tough for shops to offer warrantys when it comes to stockish engines and power adders. If the turbo failed and caused the engine damage then thats another story. In all honesty the stock rod broke most likely from over reving the engine/too much power or detonation. Either way it sucks and I hope you get it figured out.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #39
CamaroV6
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6 1LT Manual
GROUP ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL TRI-COUNTY CAMARO MEMBERS

Att: Miami,Southwest Florida and Tampa chapters.

I regret to inform you that we have come to a fairly easy decision at this time....From here on out Tri-County Camaros will drop TORQ speed lab as a sponsor, this come via a negligence to uphold values as a sponsor to the club and to its members from situations in the past and some very close to this time frame.

If you wish to do business with them do so at your own risk. I strongly hope you do your homework before you move on.

@

Meister@Torq you have been terminated.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #40
rozay

Drives: camaro 2LS LFX A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroV6 View Post
GROUP ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL TRI-COUNTY CAMARO MEMBERS

Att: Miami,Southwest Florida and Tampa chapters.

I regret to inform you that we have come to a fairly easy decision at this time....From here on out Tri-County Camaros will drop TORQ speed lab as a sponsor, this come via a negligence to uphold values as a sponsor to the club and to its members from situations in the past and some very close to this time frame.

If you wish to do business with them do so at your own risk. I strongly hope you do your homework before you move on.

@

Meister@Torq you have been terminated.
Good call buddy
Old 09-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #41
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonSS View Post
I'd take the care to Redline so you can have the tuned diagnosed.

By now Howard should be use to fixing all the crap that's coming out of TORQ. He's had to fix and more problems than he's been able to keep count of, if you want something done right don't go to Torq...

I had to take my car to Howard after receiving a tune from a vendor here.Howard also warned me of some of the so called tuners in the area.If I were going to spend that kind of money that's where I would have started.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #42
superchris
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO'S 3CC5

Drives: 2010 Red 2SS/RS M6
1200 VIEWS?!?! SAY WHAT..... This is the Hot topic right now, I wonder if it will end once Torq decides to do something for Jon. We are all waiting.
is Facebook next? Instagram? hmmmm

Closed Thread