Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-15-2013, 05:11 AM   #1
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Cheap Exhaust cutouts - Fitment?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tansk...276233678.html

I know these are not QTP OR NOWEEDS, but they are damn cheap and they are basically the cheapo's from ebay but even better pricing since there coming from counterfeit part central but hey if they break ohwell not much of a lose.

Then there are a self-fab kit - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-5-2...006965768.html
Might also have a muffler shop fab some piping out of stainless and take this route if they are the right size.

So is the stock exhaust on our cars 2.5inch all the way or something else this is a 3 inch kit so fitment will be a issue?
revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:29 AM   #2
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
stock exhaust is 2.5" all the way.

give us some pics of where you put them.
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
Deezee

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
I've always like the saying "Buy quality and bitch once, buy crap and bitch forever!"

That being said, I wouldn't mess with those. If money is a little tight I'd wait, or maybe look for a used set here. I've seen the qtps in person and they are ok. Not a huge fan of the design. I run the noweeds and they are worth the extra money IMO.

If you do decide to try the ones you listed be sure to post up. I think with all the extra money to get a custom set to work you might be close to the price of the qtps. Good luck
Deezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:21 AM   #4
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezee View Post
I've always like the saying "Buy quality and bitch once, buy crap and bitch forever!"

That being said, I wouldn't mess with those. If money is a little tight I'd wait, or maybe look for a used set here. I've seen the qtps in person and they are ok. Not a huge fan of the design. I run the noweeds and they are worth the extra money IMO.

If you do decide to try the ones you listed be sure to post up. I think with all the extra money to get a custom set to work you might be close to the price of the qtps. Good luck
Noweeds is rediculously overpriced IMO, I'd rather run a performance exhaust maybe headers rather then pay 900$ for cut-outs.

Im gonna pick up one of these i will update the thread when i get them - says its gonna take a few weeks to ship.
revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:23 AM   #5
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
raceready cutouts. Bolt on, stainless, fully articulated control, not bad on the budget and lifetime warranty. Had mine for almost 2 year and no issues.
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:46 AM   #6
dcoates18481

Drives: 2010 CAMARO RALLY YELLOW SS/RS/M6
QTP ovals don't look back

Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam Kit, Melling oil pump, C5R Timing Chain, Dyno Tuned by Shawn@Lethal Racing, Vararam Tuned intake, Vararam Power Wedge, LSR Tri Ax Short throw Shifter, VMAX Ported T/B, TSP 2" L/T Headers, TSP Cat delete, Borla axle back exhaust, Innovate A/F monitor, 471.7 HP/438.8 TQ
dcoates18481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #7
Josh @ Spartan LSX

Drives: A wrench
I'd be willing to be bet money those cheapo cutouts won't last 1 full year with constant use. We've done some chinese and/or ebay cutouts for people in the past because they asked us to and they never ever last long. The motors burn up.

I'm all about doing more with the least amount of money spent but there does come a time when you get what you pay for and electric cutouts is one of those times.
Josh @ Spartan LSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:10 AM   #8
Deezee

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by revived View Post
Noweeds is rediculously overpriced IMO, I'd rather run a performance exhaust maybe headers rather then pay 900$ for cut-outs.

Im gonna pick up one of these i will update the thread when i get them - says its gonna take a few weeks to ship.
That's because noweeds are exhaust diverters not cut outs. Cut outs act as two 2 1/2" holes in the exhaust. When you open them they close the exhaust side completly off. I do run headers and the noweeds open diverters are in perfect line with the headers thus no extra bends. No need to run an aftermarket exhaust with them though. I prefer not too. The other issue I have with traditional cut out is the motor and some plastic cover parts are mounted directly to the metal cut out, thus making heat and melting a problem. No weeded have a metal actuating arm, but no plastic touching the metal. As soon as I supercharge this car too it's going to get VERY hot down there!

So to me it's worth the extra money. Like with anything else you get what you pay for. I don't think the qtps will hold up as well open all the time boosted. I've seen one set on a SS melt already! :(

Be sure to post up what you decide to go with though! It's good to see people try new things on the forum!!
Deezee is offline   Reply With Quote