Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-08-2010, 02:04 AM   #1
VRMMMM

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Playing devils advocate here

You know a Z28 Camaro is gonna be sick, its gonna look amazing its gonna put out huge power. It will put up the numbers. In the end I think this car will cost around 50k. Now that is all fine and good. Look at the price of a Top Shelby Mustang, or GT500.

My thought is that a 50K Camaro Z28, even though cool as hell, and I can not wait so see it. We all got a big brother Corvette. How much would a guy buying a new corvette really need to spend to get the same numbers.

Actually, I have owned both new corvettes and new Camaros, I think a Z28 will keep its value more than a "normal" Corvette.

I just think at this level of performance the Covette has the Camaro beat. It was set up to be the King.

Just my thoughts guys, I love both cars. Your opinons on this?
VRMMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #2
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I agree with you
Old 05-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #3
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Are you asking at what price level will the Corvette be at to beat the Z28? I'm thick headed sometimes. I am not sure I understand.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:41 PM   #4
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
There is a lot of unconfirmed speculation about the Z28, meaning that there really is no answer to this question.

Primarily, we're assuming that the Z28 is designed to compete with the GT500. I can agree with this possibility because there's no point in releasing another Camaro in a lower performance bracket. It would have to have a function, and the most reasonable function is to fight for the GT500 section of the performance market.

Moreover, we're assuming that it will be faster than any Corvette at the time of its release. If the Corvette gets an upgrade, then we're also assuming that the Camaro Z28 is getting the newest, most advanced engine to beat the Corvette. If the Corvette is the same as today, then we're assuming that the Camaro has enough power to make up for its weight disadvantage when compared to a Corvette.

This is a lot of assumption. Based on rumors alone, we can guess that the Z28 will be faster than the base Corvette. Because we don't know how much faster or how much heavier the Z28 would be, this comparison is nearly impossible to make. Even then, we're guessing that the Z28 would be faster. We have to remember that the next generation Corvette may be coming up soon enough that the lighter, more agile Corvette might have a substantial performance advantage over the heavier Camaro.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote