Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-11-2009, 06:47 PM   #29
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
i gotta say, punch for punch the camaro is coming out way on top compared to these cars that keep hitting them.

good stuff to know.

and a very good reason why i never trust people approaching behind me, i always give myself some room ahead and keep an eye on the drivers approaching from behind me.
Anytime I am stopped I keep an eye in the mirror for cars coming up from behind. Especially if something happens in front of me and I have to hit the binders, never know if the guy behind is paying attention or has the ability to stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
How in the hell do you not see a bright orange Camaro with it's brake lights on????

I do have to give GM credit though...for as much bitching as we did about the location of the reverse lights, they've help up fairly well in these rear-end collisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
The front of the Honda is pretty f'd up. .
Looks like possible early retirement for that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrad View Post
What the hell is going on with people hitting these Camaro's?

There are about 12 total on the roads in the US and I think 8 have been hit!
If they want to see the inside of the Camaro, they are going the wrong way about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhawk View Post

Hey, I just figured out the problem with the driver. He has a Honda and is a UW fan. Either one can be bad, both together is just plain horrible. He probably thought he had nothing to live for.
Musta been on cloud 9 still since Joe Montana's son verbally commited to Washington yesterday.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:53 PM   #30
Zhawk
Iroc's Love Slave

Drives: 3 Camaros, 1 Vette, a Buick, & a 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
Musta been on cloud 9 still since Joe Montana's son verbally commited to Washington yesterday.
That's no reason to run into a Camaro. And with UWs program, they need Joe Montana in his prime playing for them!

Firestone_SS, I hope you come through this OK, and you can get your baby back on the road, soon. I hope to see you at some of the Chevy and Camaro shows/events coming up.

Has anyone seen my sanity? I am hiding from it and don't want it sneaking up on me!
Zhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:54 PM   #31
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
This is why your lender demands full coverage on the car, and why GAP insurance is a great idea

Hope your Camaro is back at 100% very soon!
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:01 PM   #32
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
Sorry this had to happen to do, guy, but at least:

- No One was hurt.
- That idiot's car suffered alot more damage than yours did.
- Your Insurance rates probably won't go up (his just went up 500%!)
- Everyone feels sorry for you and your car - no one gives a rats ass for his.

2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:04 PM   #33
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Sue for injury and for the wait for a new bumper. It is clear that this is a new car, and that kid will get off with a slap on the wrist while you wait for parts to become available. Call your lawyer.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #34
Nostromo

Drives: '11 DTS, '11 Yuk' Denali
Sad.
But it can be made as good as new again.
As to your point of WA drivers being the worst; nah, it's a tie between NJ and NY.
The State flower, for each, coincidentally is 'The Crumpled Sheet-Metal'. (any color)
Nostromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #35
sabrescamaro

Drives: TB SS and temporarily 2LTRS VR
Fix the title! It should be "Honda drivers suck!" It seems that for every ten bad drivers you see, at least eight of them are in some POS japanese car.
sabrescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #36
Teleplayer

Drives: 92 Bonnie SSEI - 2010 GT Soon
Interesting how that Honda hood is rolled up like a sardine can. Rear-ending a Camaro really messes up your car for some reason. It's almost like the bumper cover moves out of the way to expose some shark teeth.

1992 SSEI Supercharged 177k miles. 2010 GT coming soon.
Teleplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #37
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhawk View Post

Hey, I just figured out the problem with the driver. He has a Honda and is a UW fan. Either one can be bad, both together is just plain horrible. He probably thought he had nothing to live for.
The honda thing I can say yea, but the HUSKY thing NOW come one ya coug, knock it off. or I will drive your vette tomorrow.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #38
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
That just sucks. Hope everything works out for the best.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:05 PM   #39
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
dang that sucks there are soo many camaro accidents! I think it also seems like a lot because we keep seeing them on here, when you think about it a car is getting rear ended like every second around the country but you just dont know about it

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:05 PM   #40
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Sorry about your car, I almost got rear ended turning into the dealership tonight. People are freaking idiots.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #41
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
just got back from the shop,they had already taken the rear cover off,kinda kewl to look at,the actual bumper is really 2/3 down the rear cover peice so when the honda tried to go under it got quite a surprise.find out tomorrow on avail of parts was told it should be a routine repair parts already ordered.its like i have to go back to start and start again..
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:37 PM   #42
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by firestone_ss View Post
just got back from the shop,they had already taken the rear cover off,kinda kewl to look at,the actual bumper is really 2/3 down the rear cover peice so when the honda tried to go under it got quite a surprise.find out tomorrow on avail of parts was told it should be a routine repair parts already ordered.its like i have to go back to start and start again..
Thanks for the update. Hope you and the car have a quick recovery.
Hang in there and keep us posted.
KS

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote