Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

AWE Tuning

Old 08-30-2017, 06:45 AM   #1
EagleRS

Drives: Nightfall Grey 2.0L Turbo
I'm sick and tired of this B.S.

It's apparent and so sad that every post that I find somewhat interesting, has some sort of response and others not one single reply.

This Kat asks about changing his rear diff. fluid on his 1LT 4 cyl. and I'm the only @$$hole who actually gave some feed back. I scrow down and some guy with a SS asks a similar question and everybody replies.

I'm tired of the smug attitude with some SS owners, not all but most. I thought this forum was to help each other out with their GEN6 Camaros. Not the guy or girl who has a SS and that's it.

Anyways, I digress and I have to come to terms that the responses won't be civil, and insightful like OEMTech. The only guy who actually answers questions regardless of what you drive.

Maybe I should follow his path and trade in my GEN6 for a SRT 392 Charger and actually have power and no list of problems like what almost all GEN6's have or will have.

Thanks for your time,

EagleRS
EagleRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:57 AM   #2
jreagle56

Drives: 2022 2SS A10 NPP MRC Red Hot
Chill dude......
Here is a quote to ponder; "Just when you think you have it figured out.... you are most likely wrong"
jreagle56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:43 AM   #3
Ponyeatr16ss
retired badass

Drives: 2016 2SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Ponyeatr16ss Send a message via Yahoo to Ponyeatr16ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRS View Post
It's apparent and so sad that every post that I find somewhat interesting, has some sort of response and others not one single reply.

This Kat asks about changing his rear diff. fluid on his 1LT 4 cyl. and I'm the only @$$hole who actually gave some feed back. I scrow down and some guy with a SS asks a similar question and everybody replies.

I'm tired of the smug attitude with some SS owners, not all but most. I thought this forum was to help each other out with their GEN6 Camaros. Not the guy or girl who has a SS and that's it.

Anyways, I digress and I have to come to terms that the responses won't be civil, and insightful like OEMTech. The only guy who actually answers questions regardless of what you drive.

Maybe I should follow his path and trade in my GEN6 for a SRT 392 Charger and actually have power and no list of problems like what almost all GEN6's have or will have.

Thanks for your time,

EagleRS
did the mods give you a warning for this comment? If they didn't they should because I got a warning for just simply making a comment and the mod got her panties in a wad. Too many hurt feeling in this world today and I say everyone needs to pull up their big girl panties
Ponyeatr16ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:01 AM   #4
Risky Justice

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Seriously? The threads you're talking about: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506451 and http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506075

One was asked yesterday (4 cylinder) vs 5 days ago (V8). 1 response vs 5...maybe time has something to do with it? Also, if the question was already asked 5 days ago, why should people respond to a new thread asking the same question? If it's because you think the procedure is different or something, then how would you even expect someone to answer you if they don't own that car?
Old 08-30-2017, 12:55 PM   #5
JKLNHYD
Defending the Nation...

Drives: '16 Summit White 2SS, A8, Sunroof
Wow! Someone is having a bad day.

I personally, don't stop to reply on things for the sake of giving someone a reach around that their question is just as valid as the next one.

I read what applies to me and reply to things I feel compelled to reply to. A whiney rant like this will not change that.

'16 2SS, A8, Sunroof, non-NPP
"SURSUM AB ORDINE"
JKLNHYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 01:35 PM   #6
Yanbags

Drives: '17 SS 1LE
Some food for thought - SS owners are likely responding to other SS owner/technical threads because they are more familiar with that drivetrain. I don't think that's out of the ordinary or targeted.

If you had the 2L engine - wouldn't you prefer to hear feedback from other 2L owners?
Yanbags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:26 PM   #7
CyberGuyPR

Drives: '16 vert 2LT RS NPP
Well OP, that is your fault for having an I4. It's universally known that the only good Camaros are the V8s. I am of course kidding cause I have a V6 but I've seen many responses here and elsewhere along these lines.

As stated above, I check threads where I can learn or contribute. I don't have an I4 or an SS so I don't bother with those discussions.
CyberGuyPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:40 PM   #8
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
I wouldn't generally lose any sleep over it. Any help is better than none.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:21 PM   #9
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:

I'm tired of the smug attitude with some SS owners, AND
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:26 AM   #10
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Quote:

Thanks for your time,

EagleRS
Most ss owners probably won't contribute simply because we have an ss and are familiar with it. I don't know i4, or 6cyl specs and won't provide info for stuff i don't know.

As for scrolling down and finding an older post, op could have done the same. It's been said once and will continue to be said, "search" it's not broken, your just not using it right. (It's slightly broken lol) click search, then click advanced search.

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:52 AM   #11
7stringtheory

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Wait... they make the Camaro in something other than a V8 engine???? Crazy...Who knew?
7stringtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:23 AM   #12
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Take it easy Eagle!! I'm sure that there are more SS owners out here that mod and have knowledge about the V8s more than the V6 owners. There are a few on this forum that do mod V6 Camaros and they would be a source to check with in the V6 part of the forum. Talk about snobs, most of the SRT Challenger/ Charger crowd are worse than we are about their cars. They think their cars can outrun every muscle car on the streets!
Old 08-31-2017, 03:57 PM   #13
EagleRS

Drives: Nightfall Grey 2.0L Turbo
I appreciate the feedback....

Pretty much described my week but no excuse to go off in a rant over something small. Most of it was credited to an @$$hole being a dick in his GEN5 SS and I honestly don't go looking for trouble and/or try to race anyone. This guy really was asking for me to flip my $#it and just t-bone is car with mine and who ever walks away wins. I love my little I4 but it's an I4...this guy really just got into my head and apparently made me look like an @$$ on here. So, apologies to anyone who was "offended." After reading some posts, I get it, you respond to what you know.

Thanks to everyone who gave some feedback,

EagleRS
EagleRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 04:47 PM   #14
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
There will always be a jerk or two that will have something negative to say about a person's car Eagle! Don't let that s**t bother you. Even though I drive an SS I get comments and challenges on the road from people and I most of the time ignore them and let them go their way. If you are happy with your Turbo 4 then that's all that matters!!