Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-23-2018, 07:31 AM   #29
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
And I was all about to break my no going into debt for mods rule over these lights. I suspect the delay is in the LED control boards. Thinking now it might have been a good idea to wait.

Anyone contact Phastek about it?
Old 10-23-2018, 09:15 AM   #30
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
And I was all about to break my no going into debt for mods rule over these lights. I suspect the delay is in the LED control boards. Thinking now it might have been a good idea to wait.

Anyone contact Phastek about it?
Just sent them an e-mail actually. If I come up with anything I will keep you guys informed.
Some weird snail with a belt on it | Tial Q Bov | CCP Jam Cam | Stainless Works 1 7/8" Headers to Custom 3" Exhaust | Alky Control Dual Nozzle| ProMeth Trunk Mount Tank | Melling Oil Pump | DSX Aux Pump | id1050x Injectors | McLeod RXT w/ Monster Billet Release Bearing | ZL1 3.73 Rear Diff | BMR Delrin/Poly Diff Bushings | DSS 1-Piece Aluminum Driveshaft | ZL1 Axles | Metco Driveshaft Loop | BMR Adjustable LCA's, TA's, Toe Rods | BMR Adjustable Sway Bar w/ Fe3 End Links | Mickey Thompson 305/35-20 Street S/S Drag Radials |
TheInfamouSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:20 AM   #31
Mike14bumblebee

Drives: 2014 yellow 2SS/RS
This may be a silly question but people are worried about being rear ended due to this delay but at the same time people r tinting their taillights and headlights. Making them harder to see... So ??? just wondering. These lights look cool though, I like them
Old 10-23-2018, 09:33 AM   #32
3rdGenAg2010

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike14bumblebee View Post
This may be a silly question but people are worried about being rear ended due to this delay but at the same time people r tinting their taillights and headlights. Making them harder to see... So ??? just wondering. These lights look cool though, I like them
There is that concern, but it also looks cheap and halfassed to have lights come on at different times.
3rdGenAg2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:35 AM   #33
3rdGenAg2010

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfamouSS View Post
Just sent them an e-mail actually. If I come up with anything I will keep you guys informed.
Great. Please do.
3rdGenAg2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:48 AM   #34
huggett

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzzed View Post
This is terrible news. I hope you guys are able to find a solution. A car going 45mph travels 33 feet in a half second. Someone behind you could have 33 less feet to stop due to that kind of lag. Higher speeds even less.
When you put it that way, I'm not sure I can live with this delay!
huggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:50 AM   #35
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
I'm hoping this gets resolved as I drive in a lot of traffic here in SoCal and I love the way the lights look but a second delay is absurd.

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:11 AM   #36
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Glad I didn't jump on buying these. I always wait to see if a problem rears its head on new products. Hopefully they come around to fixing this issue. 1 second is huge when you're talking about safety..
Old 10-23-2018, 10:43 AM   #37
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfamouSS View Post

Old 10-23-2018, 01:57 PM   #38
Mike14bumblebee

Drives: 2014 yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdGenAg2010 View Post
There is that concern, but it also looks cheap and halfassed to have lights come on at different times.

I totally agree it doesnt look good with that delay. I wouldnt like it either. Was just wondering cuz I dont no y people tint their headlights or taillights. Those are something that I want nice and bright for people to see and so I can see while driving at night.

I hope they fix the issue
Old 10-23-2018, 04:30 PM   #39
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Alright guys I will give you the same exact response i got-

"Hello Rob,

That is the normal operation of the tail lights.

Thank you,
Phastek Performance Customer Support"

So now who is going to be the bold one to figure it out? Im trying to draft some ideas right now, hopefully we can figure this out. We always do.
Some weird snail with a belt on it | Tial Q Bov | CCP Jam Cam | Stainless Works 1 7/8" Headers to Custom 3" Exhaust | Alky Control Dual Nozzle| ProMeth Trunk Mount Tank | Melling Oil Pump | DSX Aux Pump | id1050x Injectors | McLeod RXT w/ Monster Billet Release Bearing | ZL1 3.73 Rear Diff | BMR Delrin/Poly Diff Bushings | DSS 1-Piece Aluminum Driveshaft | ZL1 Axles | Metco Driveshaft Loop | BMR Adjustable LCA's, TA's, Toe Rods | BMR Adjustable Sway Bar w/ Fe3 End Links | Mickey Thompson 305/35-20 Street S/S Drag Radials |
Old 10-23-2018, 04:33 PM   #40
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
not the greatest reply..

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:35 PM   #41
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike14bumblebee View Post
My headlights are more than bright enough to see through my tints. And definitely more than bright enough for people to see them from far away (shout out to Big Worm Graphix on that one).

My foglights are tinted but I actually got them aftermarket on Amazon (they are the same ones that fit the impalas (i believe) and a couple of other chevys. The light output is just as good as the stock output and just as bright as my headlights.

As for the taillights. The fact that they are tinted on the inside doesn't have any effect on the LED's in the taillights at all. The lights are super bright. From lights on, brakes on, turn signal, hazards, and if someone doesn't see you reversing they should not be driving at all.

Even people that get their stock taillights tinted, there is a right way and a wrong way to do everything. People just usually take the cheap way out and that's why they lose visibility.

And I have a tinted 3rd brake light. Lights are bright as ever it would just be nice for everything to come on at the same time.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:37 PM   #42
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSEssence View Post
not the greatest reply..
Yea I was looking for a , well you can always tap into the 3rd brake light using said wire and that should be able to have them come on at the same time or some time of resistor trick.