Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-22-2017, 06:53 PM   #1
mpsgolf

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformer
Tune scheduled!

My tune is scheduled for 9-27-17.

Because:
1. Warranty ends 9-26-17
2. 60th birthday present to myself
3. More power = GOOD

Mods: trunk subwoofer and amp, LED lighting (fogs, interior, trunk), skip shift eliminator, CAI cold air kit, Vmax ported throttle body, Stainless Works retro chambered cat back, JBA Cat4ward SS ceramic coated headers
Potential Next Mods: Tune, F&R sway bars, rear cradle bushing inserts and trailing arms
mpsgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:05 PM   #2
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6 #5591
Too long to wait. Just kidding, I'd be chomping at the bit.. good luck
Dyna-Tech Headers Ceramic Coated w/Super Flo Cats, JRE Custom Rough Idle Racing Cam Package and 125 RWHP Pulley Kit w/ 28% pulley, Custom Tune by Ted, ID850 injectors, JMS Fuel Booster, NGK Plugs, MSD Plug Wires, Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, Elite Catch Can, Mild to Wild, 90mm VMaxx Ported Throttle Body, Skip Shift Elim., D3 Coolant Resevoir, Separated Clutch Resevoir, and Fuzzy Red Dice..
Candr3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:10 PM   #3
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Get some long tube headers and a cam to go with your impending tune. You won't regret it and early happy birthday!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:53 PM   #4
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Definitely install those parts you have pending before the tune...What a great gift!
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:21 AM   #5
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
Why wait? If nothing has gone wrong now I doubt in five months it will. Plus what is to say the day after your warranty is up and you install your mods and tune something doesn't break? I would do the mods/tune now and then if something happens maybe you can take it to a mod friendly dealer for the fix? Just an idea? Plus, that is five more months of enjoyment. Trust me, after the install, you will say to yourself; I should have just done it sooner! : )
Matty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:27 AM   #6
mpsgolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Ice View Post
Why wait? If nothing has gone wrong now I doubt in five months it will. Plus what is to say the day after your warranty is up and you install your mods and tune something doesn't break? I would do the mods/tune now and then if something happens maybe you can take it to a mod friendly dealer for the fix? Just an idea? Plus, that is five more months of enjoyment. Trust me, after the install, you will say to yourself; I should have just done it sooner! : )
Crossed my mind more than once! But then there's that Murphy guy ....

Mods: trunk subwoofer and amp, LED lighting (fogs, interior, trunk), skip shift eliminator, CAI cold air kit, Vmax ported throttle body, Stainless Works retro chambered cat back, JBA Cat4ward SS ceramic coated headers
Potential Next Mods: Tune, F&R sway bars, rear cradle bushing inserts and trailing arms
Old 03-23-2017, 10:39 AM   #7
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
You will like the mods. I did the same parts and tune and got 32 whp and 24 tq. Then the stage one cam really woke it up!
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:51 PM   #8
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Man that's a wait! But you'll be happy with the result. Try and add to that mod list in the meantime
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:33 PM   #9
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
You have learned as many hopefully will that delayed gratification is the best of all...and it's freakin awesome your still doin this shit(LOL)...gives me hope...turned 55 in Jan.....peace out..
Old 03-23-2017, 08:28 PM   #10
mpsgolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
You have learned as many hopefully will that delayed gratification is the best of all...and it's freakin awesome your still doin this shit(LOL)...gives me hope...turned 55 in Jan.....peace out..
60 isnt old nowadays - even though my joints sometimes think so. Actually I retired in Oct 2016 and started a custom furniture / finish carpentry business. My long term goal is to get sick, run out of money, and die all on the same day (while having sex on a golf course). But not any time soon!!

Old 03-24-2017, 05:17 PM   #11
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
you will like loosing torque managements power robbing.....