Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 11-18-2019, 12:47 PM   #1
pzero

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28 #968 Silver Ice M
Some one help me out, please

I remember seeing an old thread about changing all the fluid on a Camaro.
Oil, Trans, Rear Diff and I think Brake Fluid as well. Anyways, he showed pictures before and after on all fluids at 5000 miles. The pictures showed how dirty the fluids were even at 5000 miles.

Wanted to show this to a friend who thinks changing fluids at 50,000 miles was good enough and to prove him wrong. If someone can help me find this would be greatly appreciated.
pzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:03 AM   #2
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
You want them to change all fluids at 5000 miles? He'll be completely fine at 50k
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:09 PM   #3
pzero

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28 #968 Silver Ice M
It's an old thread and I can't find it to save my life. I think the owner had a SS 1LE or a Z/28, can't remember but they are both very similar. Well anyways, he changes all the fluid since he only puts about 3000 or less per year and at 5000 he decides to change all the fluid, trans, diff, brake/clutch, and oil at his own garage. He posted a pictures of all fluid before and after. I would like to share that info to a friend.

If you drive 3000 miles per year at 50,000, it would be 16 years from now...that's my point. If you saw the pictures before and after, you would change fluid at 5000 or once a year.
pzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:47 PM   #4
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzero View Post
It's an old thread and I can't find it to save my life. I think the owner had a SS 1LE or a Z/28, can't remember but they are both very similar. Well anyways, he changes all the fluid since he only puts about 3000 or less per year and at 5000 he decides to change all the fluid, trans, diff, brake/clutch, and oil at his own garage. He posted a pictures of all fluid before and after. I would like to share that info to a friend.

If you drive 3000 miles per year at 50,000, it would be 16 years from now...that's my point. If you saw the pictures before and after, you would change fluid at 5000 or once a year.
Yeah 50k based on regular driving with an average 1k miles a month. Of course if you're driving a Z28, ZL1, 1LE etc and track it regularly it will need maintenance much sooner. But on the average daily driver most people don't ever service their brake fluid, coolant, etc. unless it needs servicing or unless it's due. I'm not planning on changing my diff fluid until I hit 50k, and coolant why bother unless it gets contaminated? I'll change it out when I drain it to fix the first coolant leak.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote