Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-24-2015, 12:33 AM   #1
aj0294

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Reduced Power Message

Alright, I have a 2010 Camaro SS/RS L99. Problem occurred while cruising down the highway when i got a reduced power message come across my dash. The car started misfiring EXTREMELY hard and eventually lost all power. I started the car again and kept misfiring but there are no leaks, no smoke, and no burning smells. Gave it a little gas to creep to a parking spot (with some gas, misfires went away but not completely). I left it alone for about 5 minutes, started it up again, and the reduced power message went away but check engine light remained. The car is completely stock with the exception of a ported throttle body. Can somebody please help?
aj0294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 04:44 AM   #2
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Go to auto zone and get the codes pulled. Once you have the codes, you'll be able to track down the problem.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:07 AM   #3
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Alright, I have a 2010 Camaro SS/RS L99. Problem occurred while cruising down the highway when i got a reduced power message come across my dash. The car started misfiring EXTREMELY hard and eventually lost all power. I started the car again and kept misfiring but there are no leaks, no smoke, and no burning smells. Gave it a little gas to creep to a parking spot (with some gas, misfires went away but not completely). I left it alone for about 5 minutes, started it up again, and the reduced power message went away but check engine light remained. The car is completely stock with the exception of a ported throttle body. Can somebody please help?

See this post sounds just like your problem ...turned out to be a bad throttle body http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332212&highlight=Cable

Also, there was a problem with a loose positive battery cable in the trunk on '10-'11 SS that caused REP condition, not sure if misfires too. A TSP was created and dealers fixed. Check out the forum for "loose battery cable". Maybe you just have a bad battery as that will cause REP condition, again not sure if misfires too?

My bet is the throttle body ...how long after you installed yours did you start having the problem? Post a follow no matter what once you find the cause.

Last edited by camguynj; 07-25-2015 at 08:54 AM.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:59 AM   #4
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
I agree with reading the codes. For less than $50 bucks, autozone et.al. will sell you a code reader. No garage should be without one these days. It helps point you in the right direction.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check engine light, misfire, reduce engine power