Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 08-17-2018, 08:39 PM   #1
dupspyda

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
HELP!!! Holley EFI wiring solution

I have a 2013 Camaro 1SS and the dominator system from Holley EFI. My main dilemma is in retaining stock gauges. I do not have the gauge cluster located in the center console area under the radio so that is not a concern. I mostly just need the stock ECU for AC, the dash gauges, and maybe radiator fan control (although I believe the dominator can handle this).

Does anyone have a wiring solution or advice on the matter? I already know that the dominator will have to share the signal wire from the crank sensor with the stock ECU for the tachometer to work.
Old 08-26-2018, 12:42 PM   #2
g8lover

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
I sent you an email... but I really like my holley dash... easy to hook up and gives all the info you need... but I am trying to get dahs to work as the DIC would be nice to still have...
Old 12-13-2018, 08:55 PM   #3
zfrederick

Drives: Black 2010 2ss

I put one in my car but I removed every wire that was stock from the car completely. Although you can over lay them to with with the stock ECU as well. Try getting on the Holley EFI pages on Facebook there are guys that can help you with this for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2019, 04:55 PM   #4
scv_guy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I'm in the same boat anyone have an answer for this?
or maybe a schematic
scv_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 07:04 PM   #5
enloe

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Camaro
You would benefit by retaining the factory ECU and wiring the Holley Dominator as a piggy back system if this is going to be a street car. This would allow you to retain all the CAN bus data transmission. A/C, cruise control, ABS, stabilitrack, charging system...everything can remain functional including the factory dash.

You need to be mindful of wiring some of the sensors. Some of the sensors cannot be split to both ECUs because the signal would be affected negatively. Duplicate sensors would be needed such as temp sensors, pressure sensors...anything that reads in ohms of resistance. Sounds like more work but it is actually less in terms of coming up with a solution for everything.

There are some smart guys making CAN to CAN converters to take CAN bus data from Holley ECU and converting it to what GM wants to see. This allows for a stand alone install of the Holley system on some cars but I am not aware of any commercially available electronics for this. I would be interested if it is available.

ProEFI make a standalone system that communicates on the factory CAN bus and allows all factory functionality to be retained but it is pricey and I haven't personally seen one working but they are out there. It got too complicated for me to make work with a transmission conversion and no tech support.
enloe is offline   Reply With Quote