Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-09-2018, 09:45 PM   #1
Zl1_kyle

Drives: 2014 zl1, triple black, M6, stock f
Slave cylinder problems.

Replace slave cylinder and clutch 700 miles ago due to space leaking. Raced one night on the new slave and clutch and it is leaking again has anyone else had this problem? Is there a good aftermarket slave?
Zl1_kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:45 AM   #2
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zl1_kyle View Post
Replace slave cylinder and clutch 700 miles ago due to space leaking. Raced one night on the new slave and clutch and it is leaking again has anyone else had this problem? Is there a good aftermarket slave?

Havent seen or heard that problem. I replaced mine myself when I did the Clutch and and Flywheel. It wasnt leaking, just did it as it had taken a lot of heat, and I wanted to add a one man Speed bleeder while in there. Sure the bleeder valve was closed?
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:15 PM   #3
Zl1_kyle

Drives: 2014 zl1, triple black, M6, stock f
It only leaks under hard shifts didn’t start leaking again until I did some hard shifts. I wonder if my slave cylinder is getting hot and leaking.
Zl1_kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:04 PM   #4
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zl1_kyle View Post
It only leaks under hard shifts didn’t start leaking again until I did some hard shifts. I wonder if my slave cylinder is getting hot and leaking.
You can NLS all you want and it only wears the clutch disk and syncros, the slave cylinder works the same regardless how you shift, it’s only lifting the disc off the flywheel. It only becomes symptomatic if is overheated and the fluid is boiled, like slipping the clutch. It will stay extended and the pedal will stay on the floor

Did you inspect the feed line to make sure it’s not damaged since your new slave cylinder also leaks. Assumptions are based on stock clutch flywheel and slave cylinder.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slave cylinder, transmision, zl1