Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What should I buy?
12-13 Grand Sport 24 12.18%
14-15 ZL1 72 36.55%
18 1SS 1LE (new) 51 25.89%
just keep my 2010 2SS 50 25.38%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2018, 09:43 AM   #127
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1chris View Post
I've been thinking allot lately of upgrading from my 2010 2SS. Car is paid off plus I have some cash saved that will be getting included in a downpayment on the next purchase. I'm looking at spending around $35k. Preferably low 30s.

Here are the few cars im thinking of....

12-13 C6 Grand Sport (under 30k miles)
18 1SS 1LE (new)
14-15 ZL1 (under 30k miles)

I'm completely torn on what car to get. I've seen all 3 of these in and around my price range.

The ZL1s are kinda hard to find it seems.

I've really been leaning towards the GS lately since I've already owned 3 Camaros (2 4th gens and my current 5th gen) plus I really miss the t-tops from my 4th gens and the targa top on the GS would be great imo. The Vette would be something a bit different for me. Plus I love the looks of all the widebody (ZR1, Z06, GS) C6 Vettes.

As for the 1LE, it would be my first brand new car and the styling of the 6th gen has really grown on me.

I've been trying to do allot of research and learning about the 3, especially the Vette since that's the car I knew the least about. I've never driven any of them so that will obviously have something to do with my final decision.

I currently own an auto but plan on getting a manual trans in the next car.

Any Pros and Cons you guys have on the 3 that i might not be thinking of would be a great help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin15 View Post
Of course my answer will be biased like many others. I have found the car that meets all that you have mentioned wanting and more. The wife and I take road trips, go to cruise's and I get to stretch out her legs when I am by myself.

Going to cruise's the car attracts a lot of attention, with the most common comment is " I have never seen one of these". The car is just simply a blast to drive and could satisfy most anyone's desires. The lope of the cam in a LS 427 is like attracting bee's to honey and is how a great muscle car should sound. It's fast, it handles and to me just looks great.

Good luck on your decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
What was the main reason behind your decision to buy a car built for the track?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin15 View Post
First off, I am an old muscle car guy and have had my share of the old school muscle. I have always liked the big block motors to work on to make more power. I would have bought a stock Z/28 and did the same thing that was done to this one. I like the rawness of the power and the handling is just an extra. I don't need creature comforts in a car, I have two others for that.

Lastly I wanted something unique, something somewhat rare not what everyone else has. I get all that and more with this car, REALLY satisfied with this car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Come on man.....he never asked your negative opinion or your preference. He stated why he has what he has and why he enjoys it.
He recommend a car built for the track to someone that is not looking for a track car . Smokin15 owns a track star ,how he chooses to use it is on him and thats good . But its a bad recommendation . Come on man ,get caught up on a conversation before you point fingers , just making yourself look bad .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:55 AM   #128
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
He recommend a car built for the track to someone that is not looking for a track car . Smokin15 owns a track star ,how he chooses to use it is on him and thats good . But its a bad recommendation . Come on man ,get caught up on a conversation before you point fingers , just making yourself look bad .
Im pointing fingers at you because all you post is negative comments that really we could do without. As far as looking bad...that's all you bud. I don't even need to read your posts completely .....they are all the same. Somebody posts what they like about their ride. Then there you are posting what's bad about it. And oh you think its bad to recommend a specific car for specific people for specific uses. Your more humorous then helpful. Im sure you will agree...or not.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 10:07 AM   #129
JLBIII

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS
Get a Gen 1 Camaro. You'll have the best of both worlds.
JLBIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 10:11 AM   #130
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Im pointing fingers at you because all you post is negative comments that really we could do without. As far as looking bad...that's all you bud. I don't even need to read your posts completely .....they are all the same. Somebody posts what they like about their ride. Then there you are posting what's bad about it. And oh you think its bad to recommend a specific car for specific people for specific uses. Your more humorous then helpful. Im sure you will agree...or not.
As usual you have nothing to contribute to the subject just more crying about things you don't like to hear . I'm not the one that is not allowed to post on the 6th gen forum and have my account suspended because i can't follow rules .As i told you in the past keep personal issues out and stay within the subject because i don't play into your stupid crap .
Old 07-04-2018, 10:41 AM   #131
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
As usual you have nothing to contribute to the subject just more crying about things you don't like to hear . I'm not the one that is not allowed to post on the 6th gen forum and have my account suspended because i can't follow rules .As i told you in the past keep personal issues out and stay within the subject because i don't play into your stupid crap .
Please leave contributions out of it. You haven't offered any real credable info...advice...insight or anything else to any thread you comment in. You have a real high opinion of yourself that ..idf you read other members comments towards you....nobody shares. Keep up your own cheerleading its getting kinda repetative now.... you comment alot but offer very little. Change up your game a bir.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 02:11 PM   #132
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Everyone had been giving great insight and suggestions. I'm just going to ignore the little dispute going on the last few posts and move on...

As for the latest on the 1LE search. I've been to 3 different Chevy dealers now. 2 of them this morning. Got to drive a red 1LE and it was a blast. Clutch felt much better than the first one. This car had 98 miles vs 10 on the first so might have just needed a few miles to soften it up just a touch.

The first dealer has by far the best price though by $40/mo. Each place after has been higher. According to his text message yesterday we were only $30/mo off on payments which I figure to be about $2k off overall. Im going to see if his offer is true. I'm going to offer and come with an extra $1k down and $10/mo if he can figure out the rest which should be less than a thousand. Of course they are closed today so I gotta wait until tomorrow.

I am also going to the west coast of FL next weekend so I may try a couple dealers over there.

If things don't work out right now I have no problem just waiting a few months to save a couple more thousand to put down.
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:38 PM   #133
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1chris View Post
Everyone had been giving great insight and suggestions. I'm just going to ignore the little dispute going on the last few posts and move on...

As for the latest on the 1LE search. I've been to 3 different Chevy dealers now. 2 of them this morning. Got to drive a red 1LE and it was a blast. Clutch felt much better than the first one. This car had 98 miles vs 10 on the first so might have just needed a few miles to soften it up just a touch.

The first dealer has by far the best price though by $40/mo. Each place after has been higher. According to his text message yesterday we were only $30/mo off on payments which I figure to be about $2k off overall. Im going to see if his offer is true. I'm going to offer and come with an extra $1k down and $10/mo if he can figure out the rest which should be less than a thousand. Of course they are closed today so I gotta wait until tomorrow.

I am also going to the west coast of FL next weekend so I may try a couple dealers over there.

If things don't work out right now I have no problem just waiting a few months to save a couple more thousand to put down.
Yes moving right along .
You sound close to striking a deal , i don't know if you plan on getting an extended warranty but if you are i would bring it up before you sit down to sign papers . You may be able to extend the warranty within that $40 a month that you are apart and still close the gap some, or you can always extend the warranty after also .
Old 07-04-2018, 04:31 PM   #134
zr1chris

Quote:
Yes moving right along .
You sound close to striking a deal , i don't know if you plan on getting an extended warranty but if you are i would bring it up before you sit down to sign papers . You may be able to extend the warranty within that $40 a month that you are apart and still close the gap some, or you can always extend the warranty after also .
Nah I think the factory warranty should be plenty considering I won't drive it a ton.
Old 07-04-2018, 04:54 PM   #135
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
I voted for keeping the 2010 2SS.

A great first year car!
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:14 PM   #136
zr1chris

Made a deal this morning. Gotta wait for the car to be brought over from another dealer. It should be in by tomorrow morning.

Big update hopefully tomorrow. Might start a new thread.

Last edited by zr1chris; 07-12-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:40 PM   #137
zr1chris

The search is over. The time has come. Thanks for everyone's insight and help!

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...2#post10247982