Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-07-2010, 09:36 PM   #43
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
Thumbs down Duh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Read your owner's manual before asking silly questions like "what kind of oil should I use?". In fact, there are MANY things answered right in your owner's manual.....read it!!!
:(

Maybe hes asking cause he dosent have one yet so he WOULDNT have a owners manual yet..
Maybe he does.
Maybe hes suggesting it for those Looking to by a new 2010 Camaro
Either way-
Stop being so DAMN RUDE......................

Jesh

Rick
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:36 PM   #44
sigma_1966
My baby is here

Drives: SIM 2LT
Theres two new ones for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post

Nature Girl showed me you don't have to hold the key to start it. Merely push it forward lightly let go and it will start

The lights will come on automatically if you run the wipers for a period of time

The Lug nut torque is 140 foot pounds not 100.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #45
markbolt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHOCTANE View Post
So yall are saying.."don't bother reading,or trying to search for an answer...just ask away and the same questions will be answered over and over and over"? Ok that is cool..lol.

I swear people just keep getting more and more lazy...
I am a newb to the 2010 Camaro...search my posts and see how many questions I have asked..
I have had questions...and guess what I have found 99% of the answers by searching...
Seems like alot of Flower Power going on around here...my wife would enoy this forum...there is respectful and then there is overboard kissing ass...world peace...welfare...yada yada yada..
Handouts...seems like everyone wants one...bring the car to me and I will drive it for you too..
To the OP...sorry this got off track and I'm not helping to get it back on track...again I think a thread listing things that are NOT in the owner's manual would be helpful....

For a second/third time. What part of don't read threads that do match up to your intellengence don't you understand. If you don't like it don't read it. It is not rocket science.
markbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #46
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
Careful with curbing the 21"
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:09 PM   #47
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Besides a few helpful posts, this thread went nowhere fast. If you're worried about being crucified by the less "tactful" people of the forum you can always shoot a PM with your question to someone who is helpful. It's generally pretty easy to discern the helpful ones from those that are not.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:41 AM   #48
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rharp View Post
Just wondering. If the lazy people stopped calling and asking questions would you still be employed? Also if people just read the manual and didn't ask stupid questions would we still have c5?
Yes, I'd still be employed. I work as a network admin and SQL admin these days. I don't get asked many stupid questions anymore. If I do, I'm in a position to tell them that it's a stupid thing to do.

I have, however, worked in other support positions in the past. I've dealt with people who could not locate the power button on the front of the machine. People who could not figure out how to move the mouse and click on something.

I'd get asked a specific question (for example) about what formula in Excel would count cells. It wasn't my job to tell people how to do this, but apparently it was easier to call me than to hit F1 and actually look it up in help. Other times, I might not even know exactly what it was and I would go to help with them watching over my shoulder. Those calls were a blast -sarcasm mode off-

Salespeople are the worst. I swear to god that sales people are the dumbest computer people on the planet.

As far as your second question about C5...of course we would. Most of the conversations would be whether A6 of M6 was faster, Talk about mods and bs'ing about how cool the car is. It'd be awesome if we didn't keep getting asked how to reset the milage because people don't want to look it up in the manual.

That being said, I've always done my best to answer questions. However, there is something to be said for pointing out that there are a lot of LAZY people who come to the site and haven't even opened up the owners manual. I did. Did you? If not, why didn't you (You being anyone reading the post, not a specific person)? You don't need to answer me on this...just ask yourself why you didn't.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:30 AM   #49
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Wow!

Maybe I'll save this thread to see who is most likely to jump on me for asking questions!

I find owner's manuals very often illogical in their layouts and very confusing, compared to the quick answers that people who've owned their cars for awhile can give.

For my part, I try to be nice when new folks ask me questions to which I actually know the answers! On this forum, though, I am the "new folk!"

And guess what....I want to know which exhaust sounds the best, which after market wheels everyone likes, etc, etc. Guess I better use the search function to save my a**!!!
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:37 AM   #50
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
launch mode is fun

hold the t/c (sorry, traction control) button for 5-7 sec. to completly shut off t/c and stability control. Press it twice to activate competitive mode, and once to shut off t/c.

you have a warranty, USE IT!

do NOT put wax on your vinyl stripes, it will make them dull and whiteish...instead use a polish such as Zaino or Adams.

Do us all a favor, if you must race or the such, do it on the track. (keeps our insurance premiums down)

If you plan on keeping XM, just buy the lifetime subscription...it will pay for itself in 2.5 years. ($500 + taxes/fees)

and don't forget the if you don't find what u want on the first 2 pages then go ahead and ask your question. Someone WILL answer it for you.

Last edited by Big Brunsy; 04-08-2010 at 04:39 AM. Reason: spelling
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:25 AM   #51
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Yes, I'd still be employed. I work as a network admin and SQL admin these days. I don't get asked many stupid questions anymore. If I do, I'm in a position to tell them that it's a stupid thing to do.

I have, however, worked in other support positions in the past. I've dealt with people who could not locate the power button on the front of the machine. People who could not figure out how to move the mouse and click on something.

I'd get asked a specific question (for example) about what formula in Excel would count cells. It wasn't my job to tell people how to do this, but apparently it was easier to call me than to hit F1 and actually look it up in help. Other times, I might not even know exactly what it was and I would go to help with them watching over my shoulder. Those calls were a blast -sarcasm mode off-

Salespeople are the worst. I swear to god that sales people are the dumbest computer people on the planet.

As far as your second question about C5...of course we would. Most of the conversations would be whether A6 of M6 was faster, Talk about mods and bs'ing about how cool the car is. It'd be awesome if we didn't keep getting asked how to reset the milage because people don't want to look it up in the manual.

That being said, I've always done my best to answer questions. However, there is something to be said for pointing out that there are a lot of LAZY people who come to the site and haven't even opened up the owners manual. I did. Did you? If not, why didn't you (You being anyone reading the post, not a specific person)? You don't need to answer me on this...just ask yourself why you didn't.
Still didn't leave a simple tip..... just wow.

Here's one....window indexing is normal! Goes down about a half inch when you open the door. Goes back up when you shut the door. No, your door is not loose or falling down when you open the door. My wife swears the passenger door is falling off every time she opens the door.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:20 AM   #52
sigma_1966
My baby is here

Launch mode.. didnt know that one. Competitive mode does that allow me to spin the tires ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brunsy View Post
launch mode is fun

hold the t/c (sorry, traction control) button for 5-7 sec. to completly shut off t/c and stability control. Press it twice to activate competitive mode, and once to shut off t/c.

you have a warranty, USE IT!

do NOT put wax on your vinyl stripes, it will make them dull and whiteish...instead use a polish such as Zaino or Adams.

Do us all a favor, if you must race or the such, do it on the track. (keeps our insurance premiums down)

If you plan on keeping XM, just buy the lifetime subscription...it will pay for itself in 2.5 years. ($500 + taxes/fees)

and don't forget the if you don't find what u want on the first 2 pages then go ahead and ask your question. Someone WILL answer it for you.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:37 AM   #53
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma_1966 View Post
Launch mode.. didnt know that one. Competitive mode does that allow me to spin the tires ?
From the owner's manual. Launch control (Competitive mode) only on manual transmission V8..... Wish we had it though!

Launch Control (V8 with
Manual Transmission
Models Only)
Launch Control uses a form of
traction control specifically tuned to
optimize tire spin while launching the
vehicle during closed track events
and competitive driving. The feature
is activated when the vehicle is at
rest while in Competitive Mode.
See Competitive Driving Mode on
page 8-37 for more information.
At rest, if the accelerator pedal is
pressed to the floor with the clutch
engaged, the RPM is limited to a
predetermined level.
A smooth, quick
release of the clutch while keeping
the accelerator pedal on the floor
will provide controlled wheel spin for
consistent acceleration. Complete
shifts as described in Manual
Transmission on page 8-30
Old 04-08-2010, 01:50 PM   #54
rharp

Drives: 2010 SVT Raptor/ 70 Chevelle SS 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post

OK
rharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #55
sigma_1966
My baby is here

Another tip. If it has rained and theres water on the roof of your car don't open windows until you have been driving for awhile other wise the water will come in.

Garcmol nice car. You have good taste in color SIM (Silver Ice metallic) is the best color.. IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
From the owner's manual. Launch control (Competitive mode) only on manual transmission V8..... Wish we had it though!

Launch Control (V8 with
Manual Transmission
Models Only)
Launch Control uses a form of
traction control specifically tuned to
optimize tire spin while launching the
vehicle during closed track events
and competitive driving. The feature
is activated when the vehicle is at
rest while in Competitive Mode.
See Competitive Driving Mode on
page 8-37 for more information.