Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-13-2008, 01:23 AM   #1
perfxn

Drives: 2SS RS
Tuning software for LS3

Ive been trying to find software so i can tune my LS3, so far all ive found is HPTuners.com for a vette forum. Is there any one that has any history with them or know any other software avaible? thanks in advance.

very new to engines, but i gave been reading all the info of this site about the hot cams and super chargers and turbos and which one is better for what type of driver, i just like to say thanks for all the wisdom and information.

Got this from the site

The VCM Editor utility is a comprehensive VCM/PCM programmer and parameter editor.
VCM Editors Flash utility allows the user to read the VCM/PCM flash memory and save it to a binary file. The Flash utility allows a valid calibration to be written to the VCM/PCM and also incorporates an automatic VCM/PCM recovery capabilities for ultimate protection against any reflashing problems that may be encountered. http://www.hptuners.com/order.php

Its 449$ for standard and 649$ professional.
perfxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:26 AM   #2
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
HPTuners is supposedly a very good company. im going to suggest that if you are new to tuning you go and have a professional tune it on a dyno.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:31 AM   #3
perfxn

my goal is to find some one thats pretty good in that area and learn from them and hopefully tune our camaros together! that be the ideal situation. if not im always willing to learn
Old 11-13-2008, 02:38 AM   #4
EuroCamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro
My tuner uses HPTuners software and they rate it very highly, my new Camaro will be remaped from day one
EuroCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:01 AM   #5
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfxn View Post
my goal is to find some one thats pretty good in that area and learn from them and hopefully tune our camaros together! that be the ideal situation. if not im always willing to learn
Hey well if you know one that does a good LS1 tune, let me know!
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:29 AM   #6
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Drives: RX350
EFILive.

Don't forget the Wideband.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:16 AM   #7
logan1080

Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
so we can basically tune our engines once we get the hot cam on our own? sweet i want one and i want a pro to teach me what to do haha
logan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:20 AM   #8
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan1080 View Post
so we can basically tune our engines once we get the hot cam on our own? sweet i want one and i want a pro to teach me what to do haha
Oh dear.

I smell a lot of "blew up my motor on boltons, WTF?!?" threads in the next year or so.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:27 AM   #9
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
I bought an HP tuners for my 2000 trans am. I honestly think it's the best on the market especially with the support you can get... check out www.hptuners.com but when you buy you really want a wideband 02 sensor also. www.thetuningschool.com has a nice combo and their book is priceless in time savings.

2001 Corvette
Heads,Big cam, 4:11, Custom Exhaust, MGW Shifter Baer Eradispeed +2 2 pieces rotors, Hotchkiss swaybars. and a few other little things.

1998 Trans Am A4 ( was STS turbo until the turbo and oil pump died)

2000 WS6 Trans AM under the knife ( sadly turned into long term project.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:50 AM   #10
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Jesse at Wait4MePerformance.com specializes in tuning General Motors vehicles. He does PCM tuning for $75 + shipping (if you send yours) or you can buy one of his units tuned to your car for $150 + s/h. Super low price, but AWESOME results. Just give him your car's specs & add-ons and he'll usually have it to you within a few days. Also FREE updates for life (if you add something later). He tuned my truck & the difference was instant awesomeness! I'd recommend him to everyone, as will lots of guys on many other GM forums.
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:04 PM   #11
perfxn

lsxjunkie if you check the hptuners website it has a list of the cars that its compatable with.

Thanks for the info i think im going to get the hptuner with the wideband, whats the wideband 02 sensor do? lol

"I bought an HP tuners for my 2000 trans am. I honestly think it's the best on the market especially with the support you can get... check out www.hptuners.com but when you buy you really want a wideband 02 sensor also. www.thetuningschool.com has a nice combo and their book is priceless in time savings. "

Do you by each part seperate or do you go to thetuningschool and it has both?
Old 11-13-2008, 12:16 PM   #12
perfxn

i just checked out the school website, it sounded good but when they bundled everything the price grew! is the book or dvd really worth 200-300$. if you just buy the pro edition which comes with the 02 wideband sensor. its the same price as buying direct except they say shipping is free and they will help you over the phone, i like the sound of that part but idk bout the book/dvd
Old 11-13-2008, 12:17 PM   #13
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfxn View Post
lsxjunkie if you check the hptuners website it has a list of the cars that its compatable with.

Thanks for the info i think im going to get the hptuner with the wideband, whats the wideband 02 sensor do? lol

"I bought an HP tuners for my 2000 trans am. I honestly think it's the best on the market especially with the support you can get... check out www.hptuners.com but when you buy you really want a wideband 02 sensor also. www.thetuningschool.com has a nice combo and their book is priceless in time savings. "

Do you by each part seperate or do you go to thetuningschool and it has both?
Some of the tuners I know use HPTuners. Some use EFILive. I have a couple of friends that have me hooked on EFILive.

And blowing up motors has nothing to do with the software, it has everything to do with amateur tuners.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:24 PM   #14
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Sorry for the slight thread jack, but I have a question for those that have tuned their F-body in the past. I know tuning your engine will do wonders, as per reading most peoples posts, will tuning a stock engine actually give you any gains? (I don't plan in being stock, a few bolt-ons) And when you do tune the engine, does it kill gas mileage if driving conservatively?
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote