Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #43
chevydrvr

Drives: fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedwil View Post
That's like comparing 'Vettes , my favorite is the '67 Stingray, anything after that is ugly. But my opinion doesn't matter.
You buy what you like , you don't owe anybody an explanation.
They don't like it, just tell them, DILLIGAF (does it look like i give a F***).

ARRRRGH!!!!!! These posts just piss me off. JMO

Sorry I'm better now.
I'm sorry I started this thread then. I hate certain posts too. I didn't mean to piss you off. I just got pissed off by those in TGO who constantly complain how fat and ugly the 5th gen is. That is what pissed me off and I just wanted to know what the true 5th gen fans think That's all.

I'm sorry to those who I've bothered by starting this thread. My apologies.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #44
kjd15
Finally!!

Drives: '10 2LT Summit white, '68 Camaro
I know people have their own personal preferences, but I have never heard the 5th gen called ugly!

In fact, a guy in a truck pulled up to me at a light yesterday and said "That is a beautiful car you got there!"
kjd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:45 AM   #45
CAM MAN

Drives: ALL 5 GEN CAMAROS
CAM MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:46 AM   #46
scritchy

Drives: Black 2LT RS CGM Rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJacksCamaro View Post
Remember that Americans are getting larger on average, and this must be taken into consideration: larger people need larger cars.
Larger people needing larger cars isn't always true based on some of the folks that I've seen pour themselves out of their Geo Metro.
scritchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:55 AM   #47
wangtangjf7

Drives: CGM LT/RS
IMO, i think if the 5th gen was a little wider and rode a little lower, it would look amazing. but really, no complaints at all.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:55 AM   #48
chevydrvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by scritchy View Post
Larger people needing larger cars isn't always true based on some of the folks that I've seen pour themselves out of their Geo Metro.
Thanks, you made my day. I'm going t be laughing at that randomly all day.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:57 AM   #49
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
WHOA, the new one looks HUGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhood View Post
My Camaro's not big...my 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner is big.

Also, I owned a 3rd Gen back in '88. The one time I got her above 100, the front end started floating around all over the place. I drove her home and after I changed my underwear, I decided to never get her above 80 again.

I hear ya! I got to about 90 once and was like.... ohhhh thats enough!

Quote:
You are talking about the car? Right? LOL

Quote:
Thank you for understanding
I understand, dont get all sensative on us now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydrvr View Post
I'm sorry I started this thread then. I hate certain posts too. I didn't mean to piss you off. I just got pissed off by those in TGO who constantly complain how fat and ugly the 5th gen is. That is what pissed me off and I just wanted to know what the true 5th gen fans think That's all.

I'm sorry to those who I've bothered by starting this thread. My apologies.
No worries, youre good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd15 View Post
I know people have their own personal preferences, but I have never heard the 5th gen called ugly!

In fact, a guy in a truck pulled up to me at a light yesterday and said "That is a beautiful car you got there!"
People have said they dont like them but ugly is a stretch, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scritchy View Post
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:17 AM   #50
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
The 5thgen isn't huge..until you put it next to a previous gen. Actually i once saw a 2005 mustang right behind a 2004 at a stop light. The new 2005 one looked bigger in every way.
Most of the size differential comes down to the height of the fenders. These new cars, especially Camaro have a much taller belt-line.
As to looks, no Camaro's are "ugly". You probably have to turn in your Camaro-fan card if you think so.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #51
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Gratitude of having, options and opinions is larger than the cars themselves......

Its seems a natural transition that the new Camaro be perceived entirely different visually from the previous generations. It would boring otherwise to me, and become more so expeditiously. The design appears to be more proactive towards not becoming aged looking as quickly, lets say as compared to the Blue Oval ponies and thus GM development revenues in the near future can be designated towards engine repowering, drive trains, interior comfort, amenities and substance. I'd personally take angular lines over purely sloping and rounded edges and corners, any day. That may explain my other choice in the usual comfort of a 1st generation Chevy Avalanche as a daily ride. Previously F-150's were the preference...........I've never looked back with a moment of disapointment either..................the lines of the unusual bowtie machine are timeless to me.

The thought also came to me, that if you were to shoe a Gen5 in 15 or 16" wheels and tires ( Those availible during those production periods), then it would, appear to be no taller on first glance than many of its forebrothers. Yet most of us know that the body area on the current versions have higher lines................as thus more inches of surface sheetmetal, they seem appropriate, correct for the intent.

I too like the Mopar production concepts and ideas incorporated in the current Challengers, and Chargers. They're muscular no doubt..........and tend to provoke a visual kindship or sorts to several of those same branded models from the early seventies........The Challenger mostly to the likes of Miami Vice's don Don Johnson's ride and the Barracuda's of the era.

The Challenger design intent and results appears to be more retro, the rear half of the car rises, the tires and wheels protude slightly outwards in the rear, as those the artist was invoking the idea that the car is jacked up, old school Saturday night, screaming red light to redlight runner, street rodder style.

Personally I like the particular look of the Gen5 Camaro more, the rear tires and wheels being intentually tucked under car, thoughts leaning towards the perception that the cars rolling stock is tubbed inwards somewhat. For me, it invokes that idea that she's all hunkered down for a late Friday fright night on the quarter mile drag strip.........It makes me want to bend down on one knee to take a peek underneath to uncover the mysteries hidden under the cloak of the stance..............its also easier to offer appropriate thanks to the creators of such automotive vision from the kneeling postition. Casper

Last edited by Caspers2SSRS; 08-07-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #52
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd15 View Post

Yeah, that's pretty interesting (5th gen ugly). I've never heard that from anyone. Its pretty much the hottest looking car to hit the streets in a long time. That's not coming from me. That's coming from all the people that constantly tell me that.

It's most like a case of jealousy coming from some of those guys.

I like all generations of Camaros. I've owned 5 Camaros over the years.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #53
chevydrvr

I may have picked the wrong word when I said ugly all though i KNOW I've read people say ti is ugly like on TGO.

I love the 5th gen believe me, I guess we are just more aware of the way it's been designed and how and why it's been designed that way.

THis website makes me feel special when I can go tell people things about the camaro the I learned on here and they never knew! haha
Old 08-07-2010, 12:18 PM   #54
spoone123
Next is SS camaro.....

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, Rally yellow
5th gen was the vehicle i was looking for. I've sat in Honda Civic Si and OMG its small. 5'11 here. 5gen is roomy just what i wanted.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:37 PM   #55
LS1owner

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS- SOLD!!
The silver with no stripes is the best looking I've seen...the stripes are too way back machine for me...the straight silver 2SS/RS is great saw one last week.
LS1owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:18 PM   #56
attymf

Drives: 2017 SS
I think the 2010 Camaro is totally f/n huge thats why I like it. If I wanted small I'd get a old 240 zx or something like that.

Huge car plus big hp/tq equals muscle car.
attymf is offline   Reply With Quote