Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #15
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
Yeah the JDP wiring that goes into the car for the switch and interior LED needs to be tapped into. Just cut through the heat shrink tubing then t-tap into the appropriate colors. It's fairly simple just make sure the halos aren't on when doing this, make sure they're on the middle position or you'll blow a fuse. I put a bigger fuse than the 5amp (which I think is what it came with) I put a 20amp in the place for all the extra LEDs and such.
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #16
XXXSUFFAXXX
SINISTER

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Ok gotcha. Seems simple enough. I might try this one day. Just have to figure out the fog lights. Where did you get the grille light (if you don't mind me asking)?
XXXSUFFAXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #17
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXSUFFAXXX View Post
I think everyone can relate to this mackman. When you go to car shows, drive around, or just admire you hard work in the shop, you have a sense of accomplishment that you can only feel when it's all said and done.

Thanks for the help guys.

Mackman, how did you tap it into the grille lights? Just t-tap one wire on the halos and one on the grille lights?
Totally understand that feeling. I used to do a lot myself of past cars and now just hard to find the time. Now I just drop off before work and pick up later that day when done.

I had the shop wire all my lights independent of each other in order to have ultimate control what was on. My fogs, grills, and Halos all on separate switches.
That way not operating the grill lights all the time.

Here is my switches dont envy my shop wiring this in...Very convenient though everything at finger tips
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #18
XXXSUFFAXXX
SINISTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
Totally understand that feeling. I used to do a lot myself of past cars and now just hard to find the time. Now I just drop off before work and pick up later that day when done.
I would do that, if I trusted people around here with my car haha
Old 01-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #19
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Clearer pic out of car
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #20
XXXSUFFAXXX
SINISTER

Quote:
Clearer pic out of car
Geez, that's a lot of switches. I'm sure lots of hard work went into that. Impressed. If I do a switch, I have a place on driver side under the fuse box so it's hidden. Not planning on doing many more lights but everything on one switch and multicolor so it can stay on white when driving around but same color at shows.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #21
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

EmblemPros make that 'monster' switch box. It's awesome and if I didn't have 1 switch for everything I would probably have one of those as well. They look great and can be modified in a bunch of different ways. I like the USB plug making it easier to access. I hate trying to find that plug while I'm driving.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #22
XXXSUFFAXXX
SINISTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
EmblemPros make that 'monster' switch box. It's awesome and if I didn't have 1 switch for everything I would probably have one of those as well. They look great and can be modified in a bunch of different ways. I like the USB plug making it easier to access. I hate trying to find that plug while I'm driving.
Haha I'm upgrading my dash for a pioneer 8400 with alpine dash kit on Monday so I won't be able to use the the USB in the center anyway. Also, I hate holes in my car, so I'm trying everything I can to avoid that. I didn't even know emblem pros made one. Interesting find though.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #23
XXXSUFFAXXX
SINISTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
Haha I'm upgrading my dash for a pioneer 8400 with alpine dash kit on Monday so I won't be able to use the the USB in the center anyway. Also, I hate holes in my car, so I'm trying everything I can to avoid that. I didn't even know emblem pros made one. Interesting find though.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:36 PM   #24
Sickwitit

Drives: Fast, Faster, and O My God...!
Quote:

I had the shop wire all my lights independent of each other in order to have ultimate control what was on. My fogs, grills, and Halos all on separate switches.
That way not operating the grill lights all the time.

Here is my switches dont envy my shop wiring this in...Very convenient though everything at finger tips
Damn very very nice, I'm doing the same...If you dont mine me asking how much should I expect to pay for this type of install, if would you rather message me you can.
Thanks.
Sickwitit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #25
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickwitit View Post
Damn very very nice, I'm doing the same...If you dont mine me asking how much should I expect to pay for this type of install, if would you rather message me you can.
Thanks.
It's literally called 'The Monster'.

http://emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/3436/19923
Old 01-05-2013, 12:38 AM   #26
nebchevy

Drives: 2011 2SS SGM Camaro
+1 for JDP
nebchevy is offline   Reply With Quote