Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-20-2014, 11:33 AM   #43
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBandit911 View Post
Doesn't look like they are really very close to your car...
IMO it's the principle of the thing. There are lines for a reason. What if he parked regularly? Probably would have been hit. I've seen people park much worse than this, get out, look at the car and walk away. I've told them about it and they still don't care. If you don't care about your car please park away from those who obviously do.

In an universe that is getting more and more populated too people like this who can't park, steal spots from people.
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #44
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
This was the conversation she had with us as she's telling us the story:

SIL: Yeah, I lightly bumped this guy, you know, while parking. And he got all mad and was yelling at me (she giggles a little while saying this).

Me: That's funny? You damaged the guy's car. You can't do that. Whether he has to pay to fix it himself, or simply accept the additional loss of value when he sells the car - either way, you've cost him a considerable sum of money.

SIL: Really!?

Me: Yeah, when we had to have our Subaru bumper replaced because of cracks and scratches from parking in NYC - it cost us $700. The difference in private-sale value between a typical $15K to $20K used car in excellent condition and one in fair condition, which simply means that it's seen better days cosmetically - is often around two THOUSAND dollars.

SIL: Oh. I didn't know. But then how do you guys park?

Me: What do you mean?

SIL: How do you know how close you are to the person behind you if you don't hit them?

Me: I know how big my car is. If there's any chance at all that I don't have enough space, I move on and wait for a bigger spot.

SIL: Oh. (you can see the wheels turning in her head and the confusion as to how she's going to accomplish this)

I changed the conversation at this point because I was furious.
Funny, just on mothers day I seen a girl parallel parking in her lexus in the city.. she barely fit in the spot but did it anyway, she proceeded to hit the honda behind her hard enough to move it, then pulled forward, hit it again, pulled forward and finally parked.. She got out the car, looked at her bumper and walked away..

I cringed because I was thinking that could of been my car.

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:01 PM   #45
AGM 1LE

Drives: 14 SS/ 1LE
This drives me nuts in my car. at work I always park far away from the building in a side lot, mostly empty and even thought there could be 25 spots in the main lot and 6-7 in the row im in, this soccer mom SUV has decided to park right next to me every day im in my car. really grinds my gears
AGM 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:01 PM   #46
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
I had that happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5Legend View Post
Funny, just on mothers day I seen a girl parallel parking in her lexus in the city.. she barely fit in the spot but did it anyway, she proceeded to hit the honda behind her hard enough to move it, then pulled forward, hit it again, pulled forward and finally parked.. She got out the car, looked at her bumper and walked away..

I cringed because I was thinking that could of been my car.
I saw a woman do that to my STS caddy back in 94. I called her on it and she said very seriously. "That's why they call them bumpers, they are made to do that."

Jim
Old 05-20-2014, 12:14 PM   #47
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
Just curious! Anyone ever install any type of Color-matched Side Body Moldings ?
I think it would probably ruin the lines but you never know.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #48
DJ-Silver 2SS
Ah DJ-IOM ZL1 haha

Drives: 13 IOM ZL1 M6 & 10 SIM 2SS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-Silver 2SS
I feel your pain and have been there a few times.
2013 IOM ZL1 #002415 Born 09/13/12
2010 SIM 2SS/RS #005549 Born 05/02/09
DJ-Silver 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:21 PM   #49
Terryble

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS M6
I has a woman park next to me a while back. It was a small lot and with tight spaces so I knew I was taking a chance. When I come out from lunch there she is all parked super close to me and there was some paint transfer on my door. She didn't let it swing hard enough to ding, but there was still some paint transfer. I know it was from her cause I had just washed the car, and the black spot that was the same color of her jeep also matched the the location of the corner of her door. Seeing that it was only paint transfer, just just sighed and was going to move along until I saw her also coming out. So I decided to sit there for a second longer and just bring it to her attention. I was not rude about, and even stated that she didn't do any damage to my car, but for in the future, for me and other, could she be more careful upon exiting her vehicle. Oh man did she get livid. All because I asked her to be more conscientious. It ended up turning into a fairly decent exchange between us that almost ended up with severe damage to her vehicle, just because she couldn't admit to being wrong.
Terryble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #50
pithhelmet

Drives: White 2013 2SS
Not really camaro related... but

I rode my honda fury to the grocery store, and I always park as far away from ANYONE as i can, this time i parked all the way out by the main street. I came out of the store and walked out to the area were i was parked, and a female, driving an older honda CRV SUV had run OVER my cycle, and got high centered on it.... she tried to drive over the bike for two parking spots, dragging the bike under her truck. When i got there, an on looker had called the cops, and she was telling the cops that "it should not have been parked away from the other cars" the cop looked at me, raised an eyebrow, then shook his head and called for a tow truck. the bike suffered from frame damage and had to be put to sleep, she was not arrested, and was not given a ticket (as it was private property) here is the kicker.... because i was not actively sitting on the motorcycle when it happened - my insurance had to foot the bill...

long story short... it doesn't matter how far away from people you park - someone will hit your ride... just a matter of time.

now i park on the 4th and 5th level of the parking garage, only one other person parks there, and he parks on the other side of the structure. Some lady here at the office told me i was arrogant for parking up there... just can't win.
pithhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:32 PM   #51
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Parking lots like this scary the hell out of me. Lines faded away to the point where you are never save.

trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:55 PM   #52
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
I had this graduate student park here in a non existent parking spot.

I yelled at him to park someplace else. For one this is not a parking spot, and I only noticed well after this and washing the car, that his passenger left a door ding.

I sent the picture to DPPS and they told me next time I see that stuff to call in so they can tow them. They have since put "NO Parking TOW AWAY Zone" signs next to the stairwell.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #53
chuckstacamaro

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS BRM Purchase 03/19/2014
When I lived in NYC I always had a beater car for everyday commute and my Nice Muscle Car was only used for the Weekends or events where there was little chance of dealing with inconsiderate/I don't care about your car people, dinging my prized possession. The beater car got daily abuse from inconsiderate drivers. Unfortunately, you can't change stupid, inconsiderate people. You just have to find ways around the BS.
chuckstacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:14 PM   #54
Mannsiam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaytalsCamaro View Post
You guys will love this
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRP30mhqmnQ
I wish someone would do this to every Douche Nozzle that parked in two spots. Why are they special?

Yeah Im a Chevy Guy. 11 Silverado, 12 Malibu, 14 Camaro 1LE
Mannsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:35 PM   #55
Blue-J

Drives: 2013 2LT HWSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
Every one of these were what I walked out to see upon returning to my car - albeit sometimes not my Camaro. The BMW was, believe it or not. (I knew the guy with the G20, so I knew he wouldn't mess with my car.)

You missed one of many!
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2014, 02:37 PM   #56
Beaver Creek

Drives: 2011 Camaro Synergy II
And the people that say it's "Just a car" should be told how stupid they are.

There is a significant sum of money sitting there where your car is, no matter what you drive.

Pretty much...

Lee
Beaver Creek is offline   Reply With Quote