Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
stretch98

Drives: 2500HD pickup
I think I will wait to see the CTS coupe

After car shopping for several months I was close to buying an Audi A5 when the economy went belly up. At that point, I felt the need to buy American and switched my attention to the Camaro. At a shade over 6'6", however, I needed to see the car in person first and when I did, the interior compared to the Audi (who makes the finest interiors out there) left a lot to be desired.

I have waited this long and I have a decent vehicle to drive so as of now I am leaning toward suspending my decision for a while until I can see the Cadillac. The CTS sedan interior is one of the best ever in an American vehicle and in a two-door sport coupe, that could be my perfect car.
stretch98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
cKerensky

Drives: 2010 RJT 1LT Camaro!
I love the CTS, and at 6'2, I can definately see how it would be getting tight at 6'6.
I do suspect somewhere down the line I, or someone in my close family will be purchasing a CTS. Beautiful cars!
cKerensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:43 PM   #3
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch98 View Post
After car shopping for several months I was close to buying an Audi A5 when the economy went belly up. At that point, I felt the need to buy American and switched my attention to the Camaro. At a shade over 6'6", however, I needed to see the car in person first and when I did, the interior compared to the Audi (who makes the finest interiors out there) left a lot to be desired.

I have waited this long and I have a decent vehicle to drive so as of now I am leaning toward suspending my decision for a while until I can see the Cadillac. The CTS sedan interior is one of the best ever in an American vehicle and in a two-door sport coupe, that could be my perfect car.
the audi isnt much bigger on the inside. if it is at all i really like the a5 if it was not an audi i would get one
Old 09-05-2009, 11:52 PM   #4
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/28orSs View Post
the audi isnt much bigger on the inside. if it is at all i really like the a5 if it was not an audi i would get one
why does that matter?
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #5
stretch98

The headroom (without the sunroof) and legroom in the Camaro are acceptable for me. My dissatisfaction with the Camaro's interior compared to the Audi A5 and Cadillac CTS relates to the quality of the materials, not interior space. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:04 AM   #6
Z/28orSs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
why does that matter?
my gf owns a a4 and craftmanshi[ sucks its a long list off stuff they wont fix under warrenty, the local corvette club had a show, a few months back and they where saying the same things about their audi's
Old 09-06-2009, 12:08 AM   #7
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
my gf owns a a4 and craftmanshi[ sucks its a long list off stuff they wont fix under warrenty, the local corvette club had a show, a few months back and they where saying the same things about their audi's
My family has 3 Audi's, never had a major problem with any of them and the issues that we have had are all quick fixes. Id say BMW is the best service wise but Audi is up there too.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:14 AM   #8
Z/28orSs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
My family has 3 Audi's, never had a major problem with any of them and the issues that we have had are all quick fixes. Id say BMW is the best service wise but Audi is up there too.
lol yeah i havent completly written them off yet but there giving us the run around....
but on other note i dont like the engine the 2.0 t is so slow and that car weights more than the camaro. the s5 is the way to go but i dont have that kinda money. after comeing out a 4th gen interior's mean almost nothing to me it has nothing to do with the drving experience atleast thats my opinion
Old 09-06-2009, 09:06 AM   #9
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
lol yeah i havent completly written them off yet but there giving us the run around....
but on other note i dont like the engine the 2.0 t is so slow and that car weights more than the camaro. the s5 is the way to go but i dont have that kinda money. after comeing out a 4th gen interior's mean almost nothing to me it has nothing to do with the drving experience atleast thats my opinion
Well thats not really what Audi is about, the thrill of driving is more BMW's land. Audi is more the comfortable, entertaining, and classy route. Everything in the new audi's is very clean sleek and sexy, while also being very european (attention to detail) and their interiors are second to none.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #10
1badSS/RS

Drives: Rally Yellow Transformers pkg
The CTS sedan is awsome. The coupe concept is sharp as heck. You can't go wrong either way.
1badSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #11
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
I love the CTS, but the coupe styling just doesn't work for me.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:43 AM   #12
stretch98

Different strokes for different folks. IMO the styling of the CTS coupe is fantastic.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:05 PM   #13
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Some pictures for references...

Old 09-06-2009, 04:37 PM   #14
seesharp4me

Drives: fj
I like the exterior. The interior center stack reminds me of Infinity interiors. Not fond of the steering wheel though.
seesharp4me is offline   Reply With Quote