Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-07-2018, 04:15 PM   #1
tamucc2004

Drives: 2010 SS
My 2010 SS Turbo Build

Wanted to share my 2010 SS Turbo build. She wanted to fight us every step of the way but thankfully Dustin over at Triple Threat Racecraft in Porter did a great job and she is finally up and running strong. This is my first “sports car” and have had it for about a year and a half and decided to put some power to it. Had another shop put a BTR stage 4 cam in and long tube headers...that was fun but wanted more instantly haha. So purchased a Huron single turbo kit from a forum member on here and ID850 injectors and it was on. Like I said said she fought us the whole way. We had problems with exhaust leaks which ended up being warped flanges on the headers, small oil leaks from random spots from the car having 50k miles I guess and rough roads. Fought a MSD boost a pump for half a day and finally pulled one of another car and it ran fine so ended up going without and just leaving the ZL1 pump running. (Is there a way to get this new boost a pump checked to see the problem?) a few other little nick nak things and when finally think its running the ECM decided to crap out. Finally got a new one and reprogrammed and now she is running like a dream. Sent over to MS Tuning and put down 601/600 on a Mustang Dyno at 7 psi boost. Still on stock clutch now so saving up to upgrade clutch then maybe better fuel system and injectors and see what this single can make. Also threw in a Hurst shifter and got a killer deal on a set of OEM 2018 ZL1 wheel just waiting on tires. Attached a few pic (i think) but so far having a blast with this sweet car and loving every min of being behind the wheel.
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2018, 04:15 PM   #2
tamucc2004

Now just need to get to detailing the poor girl
Old 02-07-2018, 04:56 PM   #3
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
BadAzzzzz MoFo For Sure !!!!
Edelbrock EForce Blower, RDP custom grind cam with upgrades,Stainless Power Headers with HighFlow Cats, Stainless Power Retro catback, DSS halfshafts, CAI brand CAI, Tuned ON the Dyno by Steve at RDP. SLP rims,All vinyl stripes removed and painted on, custom hand painted pinstriping, Custom leather seats, Lloyds mats,windows tinted, Sparks emblems, Hurst Billit shifter, and too many small items to list. VDI Scissors doors.
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 05:19 PM   #4
tamucc2004

Thank you lots of other little parts but that’s most the big one. I’m in love! Always had trucks and grew up in the country. This will definitely be a stable car for now on if I can.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:21 PM   #5
Mike J

Drives: 2015 Topless Btch RS
Nice...
Mike J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 04:16 AM   #6
Smoke 'em
There's always a faster 1

Drives: (-,-)
If you went to Matt for your dyno pull, did you ask him or JRod about your BAP issue? They are both really sharp.
Smoke 'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:28 AM   #7
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Nice job! Feels good when it comes together
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:52 AM   #8
tamucc2004

Thanks and yes it does feel good. We did ask about the BAP and was told it’s probably something internal. The guys pulled a identtical unit off another car and it worked perfect, the one I had still just threw codes/blinks and never would work. Matt helped with the ECM also and looked over everything. I don’t think I will add it to the car in general as just going to go with a dual pump setup when I go for my next hp jump but more just wanted to see how to get it fixed, if possible so I could sell. But not going to sell something knowing its not working.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:04 AM   #9
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
geezus kriste!!! you have at least 490 RWTQ from 2700 through 6300 RPM!!!! I wish my car would even peak at 490 RWTQ. It must be fun to drive on the street with that much usable torque red light to red light. right on man!

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:31 AM   #10
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
was that Matt from FSP who screwed over all those dudes in FL? Is he in TX now?

Not saying he's not a good tuner, but be careful. I've got no dog in the fight here, but he pulled a fast one in late 2016 apparently and screwed over quite a few people in the process.
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote