Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-10-2009, 12:06 PM   #15
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Wasting a dealers time and driving like an idiot in a car you don't own.......not cool.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #16
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ#48Racing View Post
Wasting a dealers time and driving like an idiot in a car you don't own.......not cool.
He's not wasting the dealer's time. He was actually thinking on buying the car. It was the dealer's fault for not doing a better job on offering a deal.
and how else are you suppose to tell if you'll like the car, if you don't drive it like you would if it were yours?
Old 04-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #17
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
I agree with milk! Seriously dealers need to realize that in this market. People are gonna drive cars maybe many times till they spend there money. The days of impulsive car shopping is gone
Old 04-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #18
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Nice write up CamaroSpike. Enjoyed that.

Now, as far as driving cars at a dealership - I only drive cars I expect to buy, and I wait until the negotiations are done before I drive it as my final bargaining chip. I do not 'beat' a car that I do not intend to buy, because let's face it: how pissed would I be if somebody did that to MY car that I was buying? We looked at a new CTS-V the other day and the salesman begged us to drive it. We both said NO. We both knew that it was NOT the car we wanted after looking at it (no Recaro's, missing chrome wheels). We were not going to put miles on what will be somebody else's baby.
toesuf94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #19
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Camaro spike I aplaud your write up and do not discredit your opinion. Although what you wrote flies in the face of every review out there so I tend to think you are wearing your bias on the sleeves!
I have a slight bias, I will say. I'm just used to driving something with power....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Ps I just re read and realize he drove a 09 mustang now it all makes sense! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ#48Racing View Post
trust me, I wasn't driving like an idiot. I could have easily made the dealer literally isht his pants. I could have "tested" the suspension on the rail road tracks a little further down the road by hitting them at 70mph and seeing how much air the car got. I could have done a brake stand and roasted the tires off the car. I could have pulled a J-turn on the interstate to see how well the car really handles. but I dont drive like that with others in the car. tho I dont know what every other driver on the road is doing, this isnt my first time on the playground either. as for wasting a dealers time. he honestly wasted my time as I was planning on going target shooting after getting the water pump from my friend. the fact that he offered for me to drive it shows his willingness to do his job. and the fact that I was driving it around town instead of letting it set on the lot does a better job for marketing the vehicle. esp when people get to see what it can do on the streets instead of being pampered and put-putted around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
He's not wasting the dealer's time. He was actually thinking on buying the car. It was the dealer's fault for not doing a better job on offering a deal.
and how else are you suppose to tell if you'll like the car, if you don't drive it like you would if it were yours?
Chrysler needs to do a better job building a better car at a better price. 360 crank hp aint much.... compared to 370+ wheel hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post

Now, as far as driving cars at a dealership - I only drive cars I expect to buy, and I wait until the negotiations are done before I drive it as my final bargaining chip. I do not 'beat' a car that I do not intend to buy, because let's face it: how pissed would I be if somebody did that to MY car that I was buying? We looked at a new CTS-V the other day and the salesman begged us to drive it. We both said NO. We both knew that it was NOT the car we wanted after looking at it (no Recaro's, missing chrome wheels). We were not going to put miles on what will be somebody else's baby.
I coulda beat the car harder, I didnt even push it to redline. the car was used and I gave Isaac a fair warning that I was going to see what the car could do.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:27 PM   #20
Sleestack

Drives: '07 SRT8 SuperBee, '09 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post

As it should be....
Sleestack is offline   Reply With Quote