Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 05-24-2018, 09:27 PM   #1
NorthbaySS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Flowmaster Exhaust/Hurst Lowering Spring = Best Sound/Look

Last year I installed the Flowmaster Scavenger X-pipe and Outlaw Axle back system on my 2016 Camaro SS because I wanted to hear the bald eagle screams that the LT1 engine produces. It was the best decision I have ever made. The combination of the scaveger x-pipe and the outlaw axle back change the whole attitude of the car. It makes the car so loud and aggressive but it keeps an amazing deep tone. The axle back system not only sounds amazing but it looks great too. The ceramic coated black tips give the rear of the car a nice clean look. Overall I was extremely impressed with this setup. If you want an aggressive sound with tones of pops and crackles you will love this.

I also installed the Hurst lowering springs kit when I purchased the exhaust components. The stock ride height was a little to high for me and I wanted the car to look a little more aggressive. The Hurst lowering springs did exactly what I wanted. Right after installation you can tell that there is a big difference in appearance and in handling. It will take the springs a couple months to completely settle. Once its all settled the car should lower abut 1.5 inches to 2 inches. It lowers the car enough to look aggressive but not enough to where its annoying to drive.

These 2 things are pretty much the only performance mods I have done to the car but they make a massive difference. Below are the part numbers for the parts I installed. I suggest you check them out.

Flowmaster:

Outlaw Axle-Back Kit - 817745 - https://www.flowmastermufflers.com/k...eywords=817745

Scavenger x-pipe - 81083 - https://www.flowmastermufflers.com/k...keywords=81083

Hurst:

Lowering Springs - 6130001 - http://www.hurst-shifters.com/search...%3D&kw=6130001

Summary: Buy these products to make your car sound amazing and look amazing.

*Note: The only other aftermarket parts on the car are the Hurst wheel center caps. They look really good on black cars.
Attached Images

NorthbaySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:24 AM   #2
Tech@Flowmaster

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Thanks for the support. We're glad to hear that you're happy with our products!

- Jason @ Flowmaster
Tech@Flowmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust, flowmaster, hurst, lowering springs